Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace

Go down 
+6
seadog
Cheesy-Chips
Earwegoagain
Rickler
mouldyoldgoat
harvetheslayer
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer


Posts : 7795
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 106
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 6:25 pm

Newell posts up the lurid details....

https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112201


Last edited by harvetheslayer on Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer


Posts : 7795
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 106
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 6:28 pm

Know they were big supporters of the club, but one has to feel sorry for their many victims.

From The Herald.

A Plymouth law firm has been closed down and its senior partner banned from being a solicitor – because he was suspected of “dishonestly” and breaking solicitors’ rules.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) confirmed it had “intervened” into the practice of 70-year-old Ray Toms, the only director at Goldbergs Solicitors, in Ford Park Road, Mutley.

That means it held an investigation which resulted in the SRA closing down the practice, one of the oldest in Plymouth.
The SRA said it did this because it had “reason to suspect dishonesty on the part of Mr Toms and his failure to comply with SRA rules”.
The practising certificate of Mr Toms has been automatically suspended, so he cannot practice as a solicitor.
The SRA will now investigate further into the issues that have led to the shut down to see if any additional action is necessary.
“At this stage of the SRA's work, no further details can be disclosed,” a spokesman said.But if any evidence of criminality is found the SRA will pass this to police.
“It is only if further action become necessary that any information is released into the public domain,” the spokesman said. “ There is no timescale for how long this work will take.”“Further action against solicitors could either be a sanction carried out by the SRA, and could be as severe as a reprimand or a £2,000.
“If it is decided that a stiffer punishment is required, the SRA will prosecute the matter at the independent Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT).
“The SDT can levy unlimited fines and prevent solicitors from working either by suspending them or removing them from the profession altogether.”
The spokesman said the intervention meant the SRA had closed the firm with immediate effect.

“It will stop the firm from operating, take possession of all documents and papers held by the firm, and take possession of all money held by the firm, including clients' money,” he said.
“It is not responsible towards employees or trade creditors of firms that it has intervened in, however.”
The SRA, the body responsible for overseeing the professional conduct of more than 125,000 UK solicitors, has appointed an agent to deal with all matters currently held by Goldbergs Solicitors.The agent will assess all on-going matters and deal with those of greatest need first.

The SRA's archive team will take control of all documents held by the firm.

Plymouth Live has attempted to contact Mr Toms without success. He is believed to be living abroad in exile in Northern Cyprus.
Goldbergs Solicitors shut its Mutley headquarters and took down its website without warning on Sunday, September 30, 2018.
The date is significant because, under law, legal firms that are not able to secure professional indemnity insurance by the start of October only have 90 days to do so – or must cease practice.
Goldbergs – which was based in two adjoining, four-storey, 19th Century houses in Ford Park Road – had written to its clients informing them of the closure.Some have since contacted Plymouth Live to say they are confused about what will happen to their documents or money.
But the SRA has acted to ease any worries and said clients of Goldbergs Solicitors do not need to contact either the agent or the SRA at this time.

If anyone does have a query, however, they can contact the agent: Karen Thompson of Lester Aldridge LLP on 01202 786341 or by emailing interventions@la-law.com

Details of the intervention can be found here: https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solici ... 2018-11-09
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat


Posts : 15266
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 60
Location : Berkshire

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 10:50 pm

Very brave of them. They could be banned!

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler


Posts : 6495
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 11:55 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Newell posts up the lurid details....

https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112201

Hardly..

In fact, Newell is pretty much saying he would never have allowed the post in the first place. But, if he takes it down now, his obvious bias in the whole affair, and his controlling nature to suppress anything that is damaging to him or Pasoti is exposed to all.

Instead, the post is relegated to the 'Opinions' section, where it will be seen by about three people.

Nool should be counting up how much money the crook Ray Tom's gave him and Pasoti, and be putting it back into a pot for restitution to those that were ripped off!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer


Posts : 7795
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 106
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 4:34 am

Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Newell posts up the lurid details....

https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112201

Hardly..

In fact, Newell is pretty much saying he would never have allowed the post in the first place.  But, if he takes it down now, his obvious bias in the whole affair, and his controlling nature to suppress anything that is damaging to him or Pasoti is exposed to all.

Instead, the post is relegated to the 'Opinions' section, where it will be seen by about three people.

Nool should be counting up how much money the crook Ray Tom's gave him and Pasoti, and be putting it back into a pot for restitution to those that were ripped off!

Absolutely love Newells response lol. You're right of course he cant delete it without one or two shouting whats going on. His response is typical Newell.....just lie

I've had a 2nd response from the Police to my contact of Friday night asking me to recontact with information required which I'll do today.

If you're reading this as a guest and am sure the numbers mount up and Goldbergs ripped you off just contact the Police so they can build a profile. Rest assured they have many "complaints" already and you wont be on your own
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11636
Join date : 2017-09-09

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 9:25 am

Surprised its not in the Sponsors thread?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer


Posts : 7795
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 106
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 10:28 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Surprised its not in the Sponsors thread?

Should have been I totally agree . Ray Toms was a long held sponsor at Pasoti

Point is Newell and Pasoti by default have received my and other peoples money which was criminally obtained. Newell knew he was a rogue decades ago
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11636
Join date : 2017-09-09

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 11:36 am

Birds of a feather....
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer


Posts : 7795
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 106
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Newell thank you for trying to hack the Cxxxxxx@Gmail account 10 minutes ago.

Two Points

Firstly I had nothing to do with any postings on Pasoti.....period

Secondly because you or Deliar have just tried to hack in I will now include your name into the ongoing investigations into Ray Toms with Devon and Cornwalls finest
You never learn do you......
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 8:33 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Surprised its not in the Sponsors thread?

It’s not anywhere now !!
Back to top Go down
Cheesy-Chips

Cheesy-Chips


Posts : 1032
Join date : 2020-04-28
Location : Pfft

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 9:37 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Surprised its not in the Sponsors thread?

It’s not anywhere now !!

laugh
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 13902
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 64
Location : @ sea or @home

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 10:33 pm

Must be a technical glitch.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo


Posts : 1666
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 64

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 8:02 am

Unbelievable behaviour, but I believe it LOL
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer


Posts : 7795
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 106
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 10:51 am

Pain in the arse we cant go into Charles Cross because of Covid to update or be updated on our case
Got to be done via Speaker and/or email.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer


Posts : 7795
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 106
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 3:49 pm


Newell deleted the thread on Pasoti because this post landed in response to Porkys abject failure in attempting to deflect flak away from his mate the embezzler Ray Toms.

Someone has kindly forwarded it to myself to add to the thread here. Very grateful......so if you're on Pasoti and wondered why after 300 views it disappeared heres the reason why.

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Scree131
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11636
Join date : 2017-09-09

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 4:19 pm

Quite literally "move on nothing to see here!" Nools a fookin cretin every time he tries to hide a story he gives it way more air time.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat


Posts : 15266
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 60
Location : Berkshire

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 4:25 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Know they were big supporters of the club, but one has to feel sorry for their many victims.

From The Herald.

A Plymouth law firm has been closed down and its senior partner banned from being a solicitor – because he was suspected of “dishonestly” and breaking solicitors’ rules.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) confirmed it had “intervened” into the practice of 70-year-old Ray Toms, the only director at Goldbergs Solicitors, in Ford Park Road, Mutley.

That means it held an investigation which resulted in the SRA closing down the practice, one of the oldest in Plymouth.
The SRA said it did this because it had “reason to suspect dishonesty on the part of Mr Toms and his failure to comply with SRA rules”.
The practising certificate of Mr Toms has been automatically suspended, so he cannot practice as a solicitor.
The SRA will now investigate further into the issues that have led to the shut down to see if any additional action is necessary.
“At this stage of the SRA's work, no further details can be disclosed,” a spokesman said.But if any evidence of criminality is found the SRA will pass this to police.
“It is only if further action become necessary that any information is released into the public domain,” the spokesman said. “ There is no timescale for how long this work will take.”“Further action against solicitors could either be a sanction carried out by the SRA, and could be as severe as a reprimand or a £2,000.
“If it is decided that a stiffer punishment is required, the SRA will prosecute the matter at the independent Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT).
“The SDT can levy unlimited fines and prevent solicitors from working either by suspending them or removing them from the profession altogether.”
The spokesman said the intervention meant the SRA had closed the firm with immediate effect.

“It will stop the firm from operating, take possession of all documents and papers held by the firm, and take possession of all money held by the firm, including clients' money,” he said.
“It is not responsible towards employees or trade creditors of firms that it has intervened in, however.”
The SRA, the body responsible for overseeing the professional conduct of more than 125,000 UK solicitors, has appointed an agent to deal with all matters currently held by Goldbergs Solicitors.The agent will assess all on-going matters and deal with those of greatest need first.

The SRA's archive team will take control of all documents held by the firm.

Plymouth Live has attempted to contact Mr Toms without success. He is believed to be living abroad in exile in Northern Cyprus.
Goldbergs Solicitors shut its Mutley headquarters and took down its website without warning on Sunday, September 30, 2018.
The date is significant because, under law, legal firms that are not able to secure professional indemnity insurance by the start of October only have 90 days to do so – or must cease practice.
Goldbergs – which was based in two adjoining, four-storey, 19th Century houses in Ford Park Road – had written to its clients informing them of the closure.Some have since contacted Plymouth Live to say they are confused about what will happen to their documents or money.
But the SRA has acted to ease any worries and said clients of Goldbergs Solicitors do not need to contact either the agent or the SRA at this time.

If anyone does have a query, however, they can contact the agent: Karen Thompson of Lester Aldridge LLP on 01202 786341 or by emailing interventions@la-law.com

Details of the intervention can be found here: https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solici ... 2018-11-09

I hope you screenshot it so there is no danger of the mods denying it existed.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68


Posts : 6283
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 4:41 pm

Nothing changes on Nipples forum, Slimey Ray is obviously a real mate. laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer


Posts : 7795
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 106
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 4:54 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Quite literally "move on nothing to see here!" Nools a fookin cretin every time he tries to hide a story he gives it way more air time.

Indeed and if he hadnt tried to hack my email yet again (always but always within minutes of me having a pop every single time) I probably would have left this thread alone and not bothered with that follow up.

FYI Newell I still havent a clue who he or she was either. Not a clue.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat


Posts : 15266
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 60
Location : Berkshire

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 6:59 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Quite literally "move on nothing to see here!" Nools a fookin cretin every time he tries to hide a story he gives it way more air time.

Indeed and if he hadnt tried to hack my email yet again (always but always within minutes of me having a pop every single time) I probably would have left this thread alone and not bothered with that follow up.

FYI Newell I still havent a clue who he or she was either. Not a clue.

Really? We do.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11636
Join date : 2017-09-09

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 7:35 pm

cheers Your slips showing dear.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat


Posts : 15266
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 60
Location : Berkshire

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 9:01 pm

It's no one on here.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11636
Join date : 2017-09-09

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 9:00 am

You sure it's not an occasional poster? He'd have done well to get past Nools firewall if it is Tbf.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer


Posts : 7795
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 106
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 10:03 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Quite literally "move on nothing to see here!" Nools a fookin cretin every time he tries to hide a story he gives it way more air time.

Indeed and if he hadnt tried to hack my email yet again (always but always within minutes of me having a pop every single time) I probably would have left this thread alone and not bothered with that follow up.

FYI Newell I still havent a clue who he or she was either. Not a clue.

Really? We do.

I got several very strong possibilities lol but I certainly dont know for certain.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5204
Join date : 2015-07-08

Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 12:13 pm

Dear oh dear old fatty pig trying hide his dodgie ness as per usual
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace   Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Pasoti thread over Goldbergs financial disgrace
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» pasoti Thread
» 5 page thread about a Pasty Song on PASOTI
» Horrific pasoti thread
» Tantrums and hissy fits over on the PASOTI ''Exeter designated away pub/escort'' thread
» Punch Drunk gets his own Pasoti thread!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: