Elias
Tringreen
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
downthetrack

downthetrack

The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:51 pm

merse wrote:
knecht wrote:
I thought we did ok.

So does your clueless fool of a highest paid player masquerading as a manager:

"It just didn't fall for us today" was his judgement.

What just today? with a league table reading:

20 Macclesfield34 -11 33 pts
21 Hereford 34 -20 31 pts
22 Dag & Red 33 -24 31 pts
23 Plymouth 34 -18 29 pts
24 Northampton32 -23 28 pts

If D&R and Northampton win their games in hand you're rock bottom and sinking faster than the Titanic ~ league tables don't lie, only incompetent managers do that!

One of the games in hand is against each other.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:51 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
I see on Pasoti Nick Pastie (Brain) thinks relegation to the BSP aint such a bad thing!! jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

I never ceased to be amazed by the fools that frequent that website

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm trying to stop reading it. It really is bad for your health. It's awash with loopy nutters like Mr Pastie. And some on there still think brent and fletcher are doing a great job! But I suppose given our hopeless situaution re our league position and the fact that the non-investing brent is sticking by Fletcher the Clueless the official dictat from the pasoti leadership will now be "the BS League is not such a bad thing". And anyone who disagrees will be told to "go and support Man U".

PAFC RIP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Another Pasoti belter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:41 am

I think the chickens are almost coming home to roost, another defeat or two & the pressure will increase on Brent et al.
Dont many will swallow the lateset 'glorious failure'.

Think todays results have many now realising that we are very very close indeed to falling out of the league altogether.
Defeat against AFC Phoney on Tuesday could start it all off.

Many things are starting to unravel now, pressure is building.

Cant wait to see next weekends graphic for Fletchers latest rallying call, 'lets go to the conference fighting' jocolor

lol!

actually it aint even funny Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:56 am

I feel absolutely distraught after today - what have "they" done to my team:
My PASOTI POST:
Time is up. I don't see where we are going to get any more points.
Let Brent have his hotels etc, Relegated with the lowest total ever. Screwed again, so it's not just the Japanese who did us in.
MY TEAM which I have followed for over 60 years is going out of business. We need to rethink and re-start. Too big to go down - you lot are joking. We are absolutely f****d and we'd better wake up to the fact that there are tossers on the field, in the boardoom and the management is a joke. John Deehan - emergency number for Holby City (or Holby Shitty).l

I despair of the lot of them, too many NANDOs, tweets etc. You lot are a f*****g joke. Make me sick. Money for nothing and the Nandos are free!!
pi$$ off all of you.
Goodbye and enjoy your life on the dole, where you belong.

Merv Plummer

I am really upset. No doubt that post will be deleted from the other site. That's how I feel. So so sad and disapppointed. My wife wonders why I was crying in my sleep tonight. Probably cos I don't get all the money that the tossers in charge are stealing!! Bastards!!

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:35 am

Is it me, or have the players been advised to not tw@t about their Nandos? Either that, or their lives have all become more boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:38 am

Match report.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:50 am

Whoever wrote that wasn't watching the game I was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:34 am

Cerbera wrote:

I searched for other reports as my view of the match was so much at variance to the rest of the posters on here that I was beginning to think that I was at a different game myself. By and large, what the above report says is what I saw. I found a few other comments elsewhere that echoed some of that also. Here's another comment from a Gillingham fan. Neither of the reports I have posted suggest that we were crap - quite the opposite.

We weren't terrible. The result was terrible but we weren't. We missed somebody who could be more clinical in finishing just a couple of the many chances we made. We were terrible in converting chances but lots of the lead-up play was ok. To use the mantra 'they had only ten men so we should have won easily' misses the point that it doesn't always work like that. Ten men often put up a battle and a barricade that is hard to break down. In my view that's what happened yesterday.

Their goal was something special. You can't legislate for something like that. On another day - Accrington, for example - we might have scored a handful. BUT we didn't. Blue Square is beckoning.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:55 am

Knecht we were effectively playing their b team. They had to make 5 changes from Tuesday night and had two early injuries against us, as well as playing with 10 men for an hour. We didn't score against them and we were the home team desperately for points? In my book that constitutes crap.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:56 am

knecht wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

I searched for other reports as my view of the match was so much at variance to the rest of the posters on here that I was beginning to think that I was at a different game myself. By and large, what the above report says is what I saw. I found a few other comments elsewhere that echoed some of that also. Here's another comment from a Gillingham fan. Neither of the reports I have posted suggest that we were crap - quite the opposite.

We weren't terrible. The result was terrible but we weren't. We missed somebody who could be more clinical in finishing just a couple of the many chances we made. We were terrible in converting chances but lots of the lead-up play was ok. To use the mantra 'they had only ten men so we should have won easily' misses the point that it doesn't always work like that. Ten men often put up a battle and a barricade that is hard to break down. In my view that's what happened yesterday.

Their goal was something special. You can't legislate for something like that. On another day - Accrington, for example - we might have scored a handful. BUT we didn't. Blue Square is beckoning.

Knecht, I haven't read any match reports, I just base my opinion on what I see. Yes we had pressure. But bloody hell, so we should, at home to 10 men who've also had to make two early subs due to injury.

Our attacking play was woeful. Our finishing was comical. The end product was just downright embarrassing. We could have still been playing now and not have scored - we were THAT bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Too right Czar.

Just seen their goal on the FL Show, an absolute blinder. Worthy of any Premiership team.

However, despite your optimism knecht (good to meet you yesterday) we don't have the comfort of any more time. We need to sort this out and fast. We cannot afford for that utter donkey Walton to miss sitters like he did. We cannot afford to be bad at finishing. we need to be more clinical and we need a root and branch makeover starting with Fletcher.

We would struggle to stay in the BSP with a performance like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Too right Czar.

Just seen their goal on the FL Show, an absolute blinder. Worthy of any Premiership team.

However, despite your optimism knecht (good to meet you yesterday) we don't have the comfort of any more time. We need to sort this out and fast. We cannot afford for that utter donkey Walton to miss sitters like he did. We cannot afford to be bad at finishing. we need to be more clinical and we need a root and branch makeover starting with Fletcher.

We would struggle to stay in the BSP with a performance like that.

I think you're hitting on a problem that I highlighted to a few people whilst having a quick beer-fuelled post mortem in the Brit after the game. Finishing, set-piece delivery and corners are woeful. If a professional footballer can't hit a free-kick into the right area what hope have we got? It's an unopposed kick, hence the name. The point I made was that I remembered an interview that Brian Moore, the former England Rugby Union hooker once did where he explained that after every training session, he did an extra couple of hours of practice to make sure that his line-out throws were spot on. Contrast this with our bunch of layabouts. An hour or so in the morning then it's off to Drake Circus or Nando's. Why aren't our guys putting in the extra effort to get their set pieces/finishing/whatever right?

In Sturrock's first spell, we only had to have one or two poor performances and the squad was on double training sessions, morning and afternoon. None of this swanning off to their unhealthy food restaurant of choice. Why isn't Fletcher doing more to instill a bit of self-discipline, a bit of professional pride, and above all, at least the perception that they're trying to put things right?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Fletcher is to much "one of the lads" to make a good manager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Good to meet you as well Andy.

Fletcher doesn't do this because he doesn't know how. He thinks just turning up and running around Harpers is enough. There is clearly no set piece work, no strategy planning, no team selection, nothing.

He thinks that going to Nando's helps build team morale. In truth it builds unfit lazy knobs who have the temerity to pull on our beloved green jersey every week. There is no true team spirit. I saw know communication between the players yesterday, no communication from the dugout. Larrieu is a lovely bloke, but he spends his 90 minutes leaning against the side of the dugout. If he had a Galloise hanging out the side of his mouth it wouldn't surprise me. Fletcher stands there and occasionally gesticulates to Wotton/Walton or Purse. He blanks the others. He has no ability to adjust the gameplan and expects the players on the pitch to look after themselves.

I'd love to be in our dressing room 15 minutes before the game, at half time and at the end. I bet neither Fletcher or Larrieu raise their voices, I bet neither use a dry wipe board, I bet they can't explain a single thing that has gone on.

Can someone also answer this:

What if anything is Deehan doing, and is he officially on the payroll or just at the end of a phone on a Sunday watching the match on the DVD, and 'giving pointers' to our hapless Manager?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Good to meet you too, Cerbs, and your son.

It seems we have a degree of agreement. Our finishing was woeful. It seems that where we disagree is the quality lead-up play and the effect of playing against ten men. Once they went 1 - 0 up it is easy for that ten man team to pull everyone back and simply nullify everything thrown at them. It happens often that ten men frustrate eleven. They did that very well - including holding up play as often as they could, playing on injury, slowing goal-kicks, niggly fouls. The ref certainly didn't help.

I did make my mind up but was met with such negative comments on here and on pasoti that I checked for any other views and it was easy to find comments that supported my take on the game. Gillingham were pleased they survived the onslaught. They felt they had been in a battle. They were lucky to come out of the game with three points. If the positions had been reversed we would have tried to do the same. We/I was so pee-ed off that we didn't get at least a point. I/we are anxiously looking at the chasm yawning beneath us but that shouldn't stop us making fair judgement.

And can we agree that the ref was poor? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Indeed we do agree, my point is that if we are to survive, the finishing has to be spot on.

Also, if we are playing 10 men at home and desperate for the points, we need to make the extra man count. Yesterday it looked like we had 10 men and they had 13. They shouldn't have been able to shut up shop as effectively as they did.

We were clueless how to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:11 am

They weren't exactly great at the time, but at the moment those three draws against relegation rivals now look like terrible results.

No
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:58 pm

I must say i'm very disappointed at the results from my first sponsorship of this thread. It cost me 2 apples and an orange! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm afraid your payment bounced.

Consequently we are reviewing your continued sponsorship. Bruised fruit is not an acceptable for of barter on this website. Most of us only accept alcoholic product!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:03 pm

cerbs- keep the bruised fruit and you get your wish in a few months time
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2