downthetrack
Freathy
Elias
Tringreen
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight Empty
PostSubject: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:01 am

Hoping to see a much more attacking home performance today - Gillingham certainly know how to score goals, but conceding is a bit of a problem for them. Thankfully our back four has become much harder to break down lately. I'm still not convinced by the forward line. Hoping for a decent game, at least, to make up for the dross that was served up v D&R last week.

We need a win, I'm expecting (another) draw, but wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised by a defeat.

It's a gorgeous day here in Plymouth, perfect for football; I'll be in one of the Trust booths in the Lyndhurst (probably with Knecht) so say hello if you're in the vicinity. I know it's not easy, but try and enjoy the game!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Quite fancy a Dewdneys and Bleddy Argo but I'll have to be a plastic for a change and make do with Liverpool v Arsenal at my local.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:04 pm

I think we will lose this one 1 2, last time I said that we beat Accers 4 0, so here's hoping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Well what a load of bollocks that was, we have got a lightweight squad that have been sussed out now, I have gone from thinking we were safe last week to thinking we are definitely down.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:05 pm

clueless & doomed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Fletcher OUT!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:14 pm

We were always going to drop out of the football league this season. We started the season an absolute basket case but since brent has taken over he has done nothing to change anything. He did nothing in the transfer window and employed a clueless buffoon as manager becuse he was cheap. Although I'm sure there will be some on here tonight who will attempt to deny that we are doomed despite the glaring obvious evidence to the contrary.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Freathy wrote:
We were always going to drop out of the football league this season. We started the season an absolute basket case but since brent has taken over he has done nothing to change anything. He did nothing in the transfer window and employed a clueless buffoon as manager becuse he was cheap. Although I'm sure there will be some on here tonight who will attempt to deny that we are doomed despite the glaring obvious evidence to the contrary.

Looks like you could be right.Wheres optimistic Cobi ?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Freathy wrote:

I'm beginning to think the Freathmeister may be right.

Nothing has been invested at all in the footballing side - which is where it was most needed given the inexperience of the squad.

Still, it's not all bad. Not many BSP clubs have big flags, and I bet hardly any have a President. Or a GAS Board.

See, there's always a bright side. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:35 pm

I like GreenSam on Pasoti,still thinks your far better than the ones above you.So the League Table lies then Sam ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:41 pm

downthetrack wrote:
I like GreenSam on Pasoti,still thinks your far better than the ones above you.So the League Table lies then Sam ?

"GreenSam" posts utter shite - always has done. But what do you expect from someone who has a photo of brent as his avatar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:46 pm

On the train home. Whilst I will not accept relegation until it is mathematically a certainty, we were absolutely shocking this afternoon. Without doubt the worst I have ever seen. Playing most of the match with 10 men the Gills never looked in trouble.
We looked outclassed everywhere.

Fletcher has no game plan or strategy, that is obvious.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Again Argyle are among the best supported in this (or even the above) league, yet there's no money to spend? WTF?
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:55 pm

chriswebbfanclub wrote:
Again Argyle are among the best supported in this (or even the above) league, yet there's no money to spend? WTF?

Got to PAY the bills 1st,
Un like your last bunch of (unts
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:12 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Looks like you could be right.Wheres optimistic Cobi ?
Busy changing his stance again. Tonight it's Fletcher out by the looks of things.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:31 pm

It's very important that the people who have James Brents ear are not giving him any sugar coated précis of the situation (and I don't mean his board as there is barely a football person amongst them). At what point does #wearestayingup become a completely empty and useless mantra. If for example you were giving James Brent a lift to a game and had his undivided attention what would you say to him? (beyond looking into his eyes and 'knowing' that everything will be alright).
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Absolutely awful performance, yet again. On that showing, we are flying to the Blue Square.

The biggest most influential decision in our destiny this season, is Brent giving the utterly clueless Fletcher the managers job.

Brent, and the baffoons advising him, should hang their heads in shame.

Tw@'s!

Mad
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Dougie wrote:
It's very important that the people who have James Brents ear are not giving him any sugar coated précis of the situation (and I don't mean his board as there is barely a football person amongst them). At what point does #wearestayingup become a completely empty and useless mantra. If for example you were giving James Brent a lift to a game and had his undivided attention what would you say to him? (beyond looking into his eyes and 'knowing' that everything will be alright).

I'd say

1) immediately sack fletcher and pull out all the stops to find a replacement before next week. And who was the idiot who 'advised' you to give the clueless muppet the job full time?

2) do not under any circumstances listen to anymore 'advice' from the superfans in your inner circle.

3) Immediately put the club up for sale and do a proper marketing job to attract a new owner who will invest in the playing side.

4) I f***ing HATE bankers
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Come on you lot,Brent has taken on a big job.Inherited a lot of debt,tis going to take time.He is a fine businessman,It looks shit now but four or five years down the road.You'll think the sun shines out of his arse

Always looks worst before it gets better,like an house extension.
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Well. The good news is, the players are out having a well-earned Nandos. But, read into this what you well, but I had that Dutch spitter with the perm in the back of my cab only five minutes ago. Picked him up from Boobs night club. Apparently, he says James Brent has sounded him out to replace Fletcher. Proven track record with Barcelona, and won the Champions League with them, so must have something about him. I say we get him now.

One other thing. Why the negativity on here? Sure we lost 1-0 at home against a depleted side down to ten men with 3/4 of the game remaining, but if we win all our remaining games, we can still pip Charlton to the title.

Onwards and upwards Argyle. Keith Mitchell, get your Barrow A-Z out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:18 pm

So Gillingham go down to 10 men early in the first half, and play with only one man up front from then on:

Do you:

a) Go 3 at the back and throw on a pacy forward to take advantage of the extra space?

or

b) Change the right-back and only chuck on the extra forward when you're chasing the game with 15 minutes to go?

Message to Fletch (assuming he's still in a job by the time the next game comes around) - throw away the coaching manuals. You've tried doing it by the book and its not working. Show some imagination and try something a bit different. It might work. Even if it doesn't, the outcome can't be any worse. If we are going to go down, let's at least try and look like we're trying to avoid the drop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:27 pm

I thought we did ok. We clearly don't have a clinical finisher - that was all the difference.

They scored a spectacular goal. They hit the post. I don't remember anything else that really threatened from Gillingham.

We also hit the post. We had several that were inches the wrong side of the posts. There were some ridiculous misses - Walton's especially from all of a yard!! We threatened lots. BUT, agreed, we didn't score and that was poor. I thought we did ok.

But, I agree, after the last week or so, I was getting faintly optimistic but now the Blue Square beckons.

Edited to add:- Don't take my word for it. This is a quote from Hessenthaler: "The win over Torquay was a top performance but today's was above that, it was an incredible siege mentality." He was obviously pleased with how his team performed against an overwhelming performance from Argyle. I repeat - we did ok up until sticking the ball away. Sadly that is what wins matches!

Last edited by knecht on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
So Gillingham go down to 10 men early in the first half, and play with only one man up front from then on:

Do you:

a) Go 3 at the back and throw on a pacy forward to take advantage of the extra space?

or

b) Change the right-back and only chuck on the extra forward when you're chasing the game with 15 minutes to go?

Message to Fletch (assuming he's still in a job by the time the next game comes around) - throw away the coaching manuals. You've tried doing it by the book and its not working. Show some imagination and try something a bit different. It might work. Even if it doesn't, the outcome can't be any worse. If we are going to go down, let's at least try and look like we're trying to avoid the drop.

Oh he will be...and anyway its too late now, were as good as relegated imho.
I blame the lunatics, gay bears and Aviva boys over on crapoti who had the ear of James Brent and "advised" him to transition a decent midfielder into a clueless manager of a crap team in a relegation battle...suicidal and unforgivable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:32 pm

I see on Pasoti Nick Pastie (Brain) thinks relegation to the BSP aint such a bad thing!! jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

I never ceased to be amazed by the fools that frequent that website

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:40 pm

knecht wrote:
I thought we did ok.

So does your clueless fool of a highest paid player masquerading as a manager:

"It just didn't fall for us today" was his judgement.

What just today? with a league table reading:

20 Macclesfield34 -11 33 pts
21 Hereford 34 -20 31 pts
22 Dag & Red 33 -24 31 pts
23 Plymouth 34 -18 29 pts
24 Northampton32 -23 28 pts

If D&R and Northampton win their games in hand you're rock bottom and sinking faster than the Titanic ~ league tables don't lie, only incompetent managers do that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight   The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gillingham Match Thread - Sponsored by Richard Blight
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next