Elias
Tringreen
Mapperley, darling
pepsipete
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

staying up!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Tringreen wrote:
pafcineurope wrote:

Summed it up pretty well Cerbera. Some weekends my wife doesn't even ask "what's wrong??", just checks the foootball results!! Smile

Still there's always next weekend....... bounce

Luckily no cat. lol!

MervPlummer

I used to be like that Merv.

A win on Saturday and the whole week was happy. A draw and it was ok. A defeat and the sun rarely shone.

Older and wiser now. Wink

Can we have a vote on the bit in bold please?

jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I've gone totally potty and had £50 on Argyle to win at 8-5. £10 on Mac first goalscorer at 7-1 and £10 on Walton to score at anytime at 4-1 geek

<snigger>
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
I've gone totally potty and had £50 on Argyle to win at 8-5. £10 on Mac first goalscorer at 7-1 and £10 on Walton to score at anytime at 4-1 geek

<snigger>

F*** off Laughing
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Snatching a draw from the jaws of victory wont keep us up.

Face it conference beckons.

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
pafcineurope wrote:

Summed it up pretty well Cerbera. Some weekends my wife doesn't even ask "what's wrong??", just checks the foootball results!! Smile

Still there's always next weekend....... bounce

Luckily no cat. lol!

MervPlummer

I used to be like that Merv.

A win on Saturday and the whole week was happy. A draw and it was ok. A defeat and the sun rarely shone.

Older and wiser now. Wink

Can we have a vote on the bit in bold please?

jocolor jocolor jocolor

If only they'd listened to me. king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:34 pm

So Cobi reckons we are definitely staying up, excuse me if I don't change my avatar just yet, I watched that crap last Saturday and I hate that sinking feeling you get when you just know the team you are supporting are not going to score a bloody goal even if they play all night.

Luckily I shall be in Hampshire at the weekend so there will be no temptation to go to the match.

Ps. Did you listen to the radio commentary last night what a load of bollox that was.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:19 pm

I reckon we'll stay up...just.

As ever with Argo, we're not gonna do it the easy way though. It'll come down to the last game or two. We're certainly not going to pull away from the mess early by the looks of things, which is something that a decent management structure would achieve.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:29 pm

[quote="Mock Cuncher"]I reckon we'll stay up...just.

As ever with Argo, we're not gonna do it the easy way though. It'll come down to the last game or two. We're certainly not going to pull away from the mess early by the looks of things, which is something that a decent management structure would achieve.[/quote

Three of your last six are Swindon,Oxford and Cheltenham,hard games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:21 pm

But we seem to perform well against the top teams.

It's the cannon fodder down with us we have problems securing points against. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:52 am

blimey hereford had a boardmeeting that last 2 days to discuss Pittmans future !!!!!! affraid

what are we doing ????????

trust in brent ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:26 am

I'll tell you what we are doing. Getting relegated. Probably with the lowest points total ever seen. I can't see where we are going to get any more points from. All the others in the mire are improving, we are sinking into oblivion.

I feel so sick. Feel let down by it all. I'll watch the defeats roll in one after the other and wonder what the hell happened to my team. Just feel so helpless. Tossers in the team, tossers in the boardroom, and crap everywhere.

Will the last person to leave Home Park in May please turn the lights off. Brent will have his nice property and we have bugger all.

Merv Plummer.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:22 am

I was going to edit my post above, but the truth is unless something root and branch is done quickly, we have had it.
Fletcher has no game plan or strategy that is obvious. He makes nonsense subs and cannot read a game at all. Eve after that pile of shite yesterday there were idiots clapping the team off whilst listening to the loud booing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:31 am

I think Brent is going to sack Fletcher. Hopefully there is a replacement already lined up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:45 am

Contract until the end of the season at a rumoured £5k a week. That would be a lot of money spent very quickly and go against all the money he hasn't spent so far.

Can't see it. Wednesday sack Megson and see what sort of season they are having. Huddersfield sack their man after 49 unbeaten games, the most inept manager in our history is as safe as houses.

Pilgrim Pete would be a better manager.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:14 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I think Brent is going to sack Fletcher. Hopefully there is a replacement already lined up.

I don't think brent sees league survival as a good enough reason to spend the sort of money needed to sack Clueless and bring in a proper manager. I fully expect the next squeak we hear out of that non-investing speccy banker will be something like "fletcher is doing a great job".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:28 am

We need to do something, Brent fiddles as Rome burns.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:41 am

Instead of poncing about with big flags, forza f***ing verde, and songsheets the fans should be making huge banners with "FLETCHER OUT!" and chanting very loudly likewise. What the f*** is wrong with Argo fans? Make that non-investing speccy banker very aware that this AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH!!!!! Fans of ANY other club would NOT put up with this SHIT! Argyle is about to be expelled from the football league for being too shit FFS!! This is a disgraceful situation. And very very sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:41 am

From a business perspective I would imagine that Brent is quite content with our situation. If we’re a non-league outfit it will make it far easier for a bunch of armature fans to run and own the club while he moves on into development. Another bonus is that the Grandstand can be built to Conference standards.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:46 am

GOB wrote:
From a business perspective I would imagine that Brent is quite content with our situation. If we’re a non-league outfit it will make it far easier for a bunch of armature fans to run and own the club while he moves on into development. Another bonus is that the Grandstand can be built to Conference standards.

Sadly, I think you're probably right. Non-league status will suit brent and the superfans in his inner circle so there's no need for them to change a thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:57 am

Don't forget Brent was always the 'reluctant' bidder. He has effectively said he doesn't get football. His interest has only ever been to make as much money as he can whilst spending as little as possible.
We have a team of boys and old crocks who have no leader. I am in agreement with Charlie Wood when he says that effectively the team manages itself. The football standard and inconsistency of results would bear this out.
Win 4-0 at Accrington and then draw two games that on the back of that result should have certain 3 pointers. Obviously the pre-game meeting at Nandos the night before didn't go to plan and everyone just played their own game.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:59 am

Well it's now probably too late to do anything with any real chance of success. Twelve games left and no doubt the Aviva boys will once again blame we cynics and visionaries if the unthinkable transpires.............. and it is now looking likely with the bookies I believe.

Even I didn't visualise just how bad this was going to get. The wallet and his chums is one thing but our Harry Potter lookalike's love in with likes of the dynamic duo, has just about taken the biscuit.

We're just so village................... don't ya fink ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:04 am

GOB wrote:

Sadly its becoming far easier to believe that this could be the long term plan. As Freathy said, fans at no other club would put up with this shite.

I think they must be slipping Rohypnol into the fan's teas & coffees at Home park on match days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:08 am

Oddly enough, latest odds for the drop:

Daggers and Hereford both 11/8. Northampton 7/4 and us 2/1.

Optimistic is how I would describe that.

Meanwhile the Wombles are 6/5 for the win and we are 23/10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:03 pm

The writing was on the wall as it was after the previous two January transfer windows, there is little or no interest for the club to retain its current status in the FL.

I long suspected but the turning point for me to become a 100% critic of Brent was when he used the pathetic, limp and lame excuse for not purchasing the standard of player to keep us in the FL was "given as cheating", even though the methods used for bringing players to clubs are well recognised and do not break any rules, so how is it cheating?

We've been forced fed a ton of bullshit my friends!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:07 pm

Ffarquhar wrote:
GOB wrote:

Sadly its becoming far easier to believe that this could be the long term plan. As Freathy said, fans at no other club would put up with this shite.

I think they must be slipping Rohypnol into the fan's teas & coffees at Home park on match days.

During last Tuesday's Radio Devon programme - either before kick off or at half time - I swear I heard parts of an interview with James Brent, in which he said words to the effect that he'd been advised it wouldn't be the end of the world if we 'went to conference'. Since nobody else seems to have mentioned this, I'm beginning to wonder if I imagined it all, but if I didn't I'd love to know who gave him that advice.

Ninety-odd years of unbroken League history. Anyone would think it didn't matter, the way it's being treated so casually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

staying up!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next