The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Pat of the back for the passport office

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tgwu



Posts : 11866
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 7:31 am

We took our old passports to Mutley Past office on Friday afternoon, it took us around 20 mins to do 2 passport digital. ( no photo or other documents needed) The post office does it for you. time we left the post office we both received texts saying the passport office has received our renewal requests, they will now wait for the old passports to arrive. Monday we both received a text again that they have received the old passport. Today Tuesday a text that our passports should be put in our door tomorrow. That what you call service. 6 days from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6138
Join date : 2017-09-09

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 10:58 am

Not saying its not a good service but I think it costs £25 for them to do it. We did my wife's passport about a month ago, sent off old passport after doing the online application, piece of piss to do as long as you follow the photo rules, all in all it took about a week so thumbs up from me.
Mine ran out about ten years ago and I wanted to go away, I sent off application at the time they were saying three weeks, five weeks later and the day before I travelled I had to spend the day in Newport to sort it out which only happened by the skin of my teeth.
They are much improved.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 10917
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 1:17 pm

Tgwu wrote:
We took our old passports to Mutley Past office on Friday afternoon, it took us around 20 mins to do 2 passport digital. ( no photo or other documents needed) The post office does it for you. time we left the post office we both received texts saying the passport office has received our renewal requests, they will now wait for the old passports to arrive. Monday we both received a text again that they have received the old passport. Today Tuesday a text that our passports should be put in our door tomorrow. That what you call service. 6 days from start to finish.

Be interesting to see if you get red or blue passports.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6138
Join date : 2017-09-09

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Got a red one in January.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 11866
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 3:36 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
We took our old passports to Mutley Past office on Friday afternoon, it took us around 20 mins to do 2 passport digital. ( no photo or other documents needed) The post office does it for you. time we left the post office we both received texts saying the passport office has received our renewal requests, they will now wait for the old passports to arrive. Monday we both received a text again that they have received the old passport. Today Tuesday a text that our passports should be put in our door tomorrow. That what you call service. 6 days from start to finish.

Be interesting to see if you get red or blue passports.


The wife's came this afternoon, and it is Red
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5957
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 4:19 pm

They won't start rolling them out till March. It will be June before all new passports are Blue.

Lets riot in the streets.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 2139
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 59

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 4:56 pm

Mine ran out a couple months ago, going to wait a while before i renew.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 10917
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Mine runs out in October. Going on a cruise in the med during the summer and according to Nazi EU rules I have to have at least 6 months left on my passport to visit the US of E.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8788
Join date : 2011-10-23

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 6:51 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Mine runs out in October. Going on a cruise in the med during the summer and according to Nazi EU rules I have to have at least 6 months left on my passport to visit the US of E.

Depends where you're going. Not sure if us coming out of the EU has a bearing but most Euro countries you don't need 6 months. Turkey you do if I recall.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6138
Join date : 2017-09-09

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 7:42 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Mine runs out in October. Going on a cruise in the med during the summer and according to Nazi EU rules I have to have at least 6 months left on my passport to visit the US of E.

Depends where you're going. Not sure if us coming out of the EU has a bearing but most Euro countries you don't need 6 months. Turkey you do if I recall.

My missus has months left on hers but you need at least three months from date of travel for Aisa.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 10917
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 8:44 pm

Travel agent said we need it for EU countries.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5957
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 8:48 am

That's what happens when you decide to end freedom of movement. You have less freedom of movement.

Own your choices.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6163
Join date : 2014-03-30

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 9:04 am

Gawd bless ya Boris, it should be made illegal to holiday abroad, spend your hard earned in blighty instead of giving it to those greasy foreign types.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5555
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 29
Location : Behind you Jameson....

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 10:53 am

Has something changed ?? You can do it on your phone via the app in 60 seconds flat. No additional extra charge just obviously the renewal fee. Because my lad still had old photo for when he was younger they just auto uploaded his new driving licence photo.

That was it....he was literally done in 1 minute flat. This was March 2019
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 10917
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 11:14 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
That's what happens when you decide to end freedom of movement. You have less freedom of movement.

Own your choices.

I believe it has always been so but it wasn’t always enforced. Tell you the truth I wouldn’t care if it had to be a year.

For me, the fact we are out is the best news so far this year.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5957
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 12:20 pm

No you don't currently need 6 months left on your passport you just need a valid passport to travel to other EU countries.

As for Turkey despite the blizzard of bollocks spouted during the referendum, Turkey is not in the EU.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 10917
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 11:51 pm

As I said the travel agent told us that we need to have 6 months on your passport to visit an EU country.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5878
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 12:20 am

Good with whatever time is left on your passport until Jan 2021

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 11866
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 1:39 am

Tgwu wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
We took our old passports to Mutley Past office on Friday afternoon, it took us around 20 mins to do 2 passport digital. ( no photo or other documents needed) The post office does it for you. time we left the post office we both received texts saying the passport office has received our renewal requests, they will now wait for the old passports to arrive. Monday we both received a text again that they have received the old passport. Today Tuesday a text that our passports should be put in our door tomorrow. That what you call service. 6 days from start to finish.

Be interesting to see if you get red or blue passports.


The wife's came this afternoon, and it is Red

I still waiting for mine to arrive, no news from passport office since Monday when they received my old one and it was being process.


Application history

Application being processed.........2:09pm on 17 February 2020
Documents received ..................9:13am on 17 February 2020
Application received....................1:36pm on 13 February 2020
Application submitted..................1:36pm on 13 February 2020
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6138
Join date : 2017-09-09

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 11:56 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Has something changed ??  You can do it on your phone via the app in 60 seconds flat. No additional extra charge just obviously the renewal fee. Because my lad still had old photo for when he was younger they just auto uploaded his new driving licence photo.

That was it....he was literally done in 1 minute flat.  This was March 2019

Online on the PC it took about an hour because they rejected one photo due to shadow, took another identical photo which was accepted. This was January 2020. Still takes a little time, lots of questions like, are you a Pakistani, Were your parents Pakistanis, grandparents........
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 11866
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 1:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Has something changed ??  You can do it on your phone via the app in 60 seconds flat. No additional extra charge just obviously the renewal fee. Because my lad still had old photo for when he was younger they just auto uploaded his new driving licence photo.

That was it....he was literally done in 1 minute flat.  This was March 2019

Online on the PC it took about an hour because they rejected one photo due to shadow, took another identical photo which was accepted. This was January 2020. Still takes a little time, lots of questions like, are you a Pakistani, Were your parents Pakistanis, grandparents........

No trouble like that at the post office just hand over your old passport, they fills the form in and take your photo.

Back to wife passport, received her old passport in the post today thanking her for her documents they are enclosed. your new passport is being processed. (received it two days ago) Still no news on mine.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6138
Join date : 2017-09-09

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Has something changed ??  You can do it on your phone via the app in 60 seconds flat. No additional extra charge just obviously the renewal fee. Because my lad still had old photo for when he was younger they just auto uploaded his new driving licence photo.

That was it....he was literally done in 1 minute flat.  This was March 2019

Online on the PC it took about an hour because they rejected one photo due to shadow, took another identical photo which was accepted. This was January 2020. Still takes a little time, lots of questions like, are you a Pakistani, Were your parents Pakistanis, grandparents........

No trouble like that at the post office just hand over your old passport, they fills the form in and take your photo.

Back to wife passport, received her old passport in the post today thanking her for her documents they are enclosed. your new passport is being processed. (received it two days ago) Still no news on mine.

I get that they are good I'd just rather spend half an hour to an hour on the pc and save the twenty five quid. Thinking back when I resubmitted the photo it was much easier on the phone than the pc although I'd rather fill out the application on the pc you can then save it all log out then use number they give you to relog in on your hone and send photo.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 11866
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 4:15 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Has something changed ??  You can do it on your phone via the app in 60 seconds flat. No additional extra charge just obviously the renewal fee. Because my lad still had old photo for when he was younger they just auto uploaded his new driving licence photo.

That was it....he was literally done in 1 minute flat.  This was March 2019

Online on the PC it took about an hour because they rejected one photo due to shadow, took another identical photo which was accepted. This was January 2020. Still takes a little time, lots of questions like, are you a Pakistani, Were your parents Pakistanis, grandparents........

No trouble like that at the post office just hand over your old passport, they fills the form in and take your photo.

Back to wife passport, received her old passport in the post today thanking her for her documents they are enclosed. your new passport is being processed. (received it two days ago) Still no news on mine.

I get that they are good I'd just rather spend half an hour to an hour on the pc and save the twenty five quid. Thinking back when I resubmitted the photo it was much easier on the phone than the pc although I'd rather fill out the application on the pc you can then save it all log out then use number they give you to relog in on your hone and send photo.  

It is £16 more then the home computer, plus you do not need a sponsor.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6138
Join date : 2017-09-09

Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 6:51 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Has something changed ??  You can do it on your phone via the app in 60 seconds flat. No additional extra charge just obviously the renewal fee. Because my lad still had old photo for when he was younger they just auto uploaded his new driving licence photo.

That was it....he was literally done in 1 minute flat.  This was March 2019

Online on the PC it took about an hour because they rejected one photo due to shadow, took another identical photo which was accepted. This was January 2020. Still takes a little time, lots of questions like, are you a Pakistani, Were your parents Pakistanis, grandparents........

No trouble like that at the post office just hand over your old passport, they fills the form in and take your photo.

Back to wife passport, received her old passport in the post today thanking her for her documents they are enclosed. your new passport is being processed. (received it two days ago) Still no news on mine.

I get that they are good I'd just rather spend half an hour to an hour on the pc and save the twenty five qu Thinking back when I resubmitted the photo it was much easier on the phone than the pc although I'd rather fill out the application on the pc you can then save it all log out then use number they give you to relog in on your hone and send photo.  

It is £16 more then the home  computer, plus you do not need a sponsor.

Your right 75.50 online 91.50 at the post office. That's two days accommodation for me and the missus. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Pat of the back for the passport office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat of the back for the passport office   Pat of the back for the passport office Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Pat of the back for the passport office
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: