Tgwu
Freathy
Punchdrunk
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Saturday's game - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 am

Was it the one we were losing 3 1?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 11:09 am

Tgwu wrote:
Was it the one we were losing 3  1?
Think it was 0-4 v Barnsley, one of my mates was a steward at the time and got a right hander of one of the Barnsley fans after it got abandoned at something like 79 minutes Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 11:15 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
It will go ahead.

thats the jon back in you talking Laughing Laughing

No it's the part of me wondering when we last had a game called off bar the one when the roof came loose and that's in a couple of years where we've had storm after storm.

grimsby was called off because jon b let the ground staff watch the world cup final first before they did there checks when they noticed the roof pannels but the game could have gone ahead as it wasnt bad if they notice that a bit earlier. We have been lucky in recent years not to have games on when the weather had been horrendous but we have had games called off elsewhere for it. if you can play football in the conditions then there is no cause to having the game called off but heavy persistant rain and 70mph wind what game can be played in that not a good one for one.

there seems to be some kind false sense of bravdo that us playing on in these conditions is seen as something to be happy about on social media but as i say once the storm kicks in at 3 they will soon realise it was a mistake and when the ref abandons the game the same fans will be moaning we didnt call it off before hand or if we lose also they would say the same and blame the weather. its a no win situation i feel  but i wont be going today regardless first game in 10 years ive missed aswell.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 11:18 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
It will go ahead.

No it's the part of me wondering when we last had a game called off bar the one when the roof came loose and that's in a couple of years where we've had storm after storm.

grimsby was called off because jon b let the ground staff watch the world cup final first before they did there checks when they noticed the roof pannels but the game could have gone ahead as it wasnt bad if they notice that a bit earlier. We have been lucky in recent years not to have games on when the weather had been horrendous but we have had games called off elsewhere for it. if you can play football in the conditions then there is no cause to having the game called off but heavy persistant rain and 70mph wind what game can be played in that not a good one for one.

there seems to be some kind false sense of bravdo that us playing on in these conditions is seen as something to be happy about on social media but as i say once the storm kicks in at 3 they will soon realise it was a mistake and when the ref abandons the game the same fans will be moaning we didnt call it off before hand or if we lose also they would say the same and blame the weather. its a no win situation i feel  but i wont be going today regardless first game in 10 years ive missed aswell.

Fickle Janner cheers

It's getting worse out there tbh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 11:31 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
It will go ahead.

Fickle Janner cheers

It's getting worse out there tbh.

getting blown by dennis doesnt appeal to me. denise however.....
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 11:42 am

Lol Angers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 12:43 pm

jon back needs to be sacked now if hes behind this sham of waiting till the last minute to call the game off.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 1:30 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Was it the one we were losing 3  1?
Think it was 0-4 v Barnsley, one of my mates was a steward at the time and got a right hander of one of the Barnsley fans after it got abandoned at something like 79 minutes Laughing

Yep I was there for that one fookin hilarious I remember us all singing call it off, call it off, call it off, the Barnsley fans going mental when the ref did. From memory we won the replay 2 1! It was insane I remember the keeper trying to roll the ball out about ten yards to a defender and it went about three feet, the ball was just stopping dead in its tracks on every pass it really was unplayable. Then Stapes had the genius idea of ordering a state of the art pitch that we didn't pay for cos we went bust.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 1:38 pm

59th minute wasn't it with the score at 1-4.

Rearranged game was goalless.

My mate went to the back of the Mayflower to try and roll a cigarette in the dry for the walk home at half time (he used to spend a large proportion of the game rolling them and putting them in his tin but it was just too wet) and just about got thrown out by a steward for smoking. He'd have been better off leaving.

Mayflower was pretty open in those days too, which was fine as a terrace, but shite with seats. Plus ça change.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 2:54 pm

Greenlander wrote:

My mate went to the back of the Mayflower to try and roll a cigarette in the dry for the walk home at half time (he used to spend a large proportion of the game rolling them and putting them in his tin but it was just too wet) and just about got thrown out by a steward for smoking. He'd have been better off leaving.

Mayflower was pretty open in those days too, which was fine as a terrace, but shite with seats. Plus ça change.

Sure we won the rematch 2 1. I thought t was about seventy minutes I do remember we would have only to have played another couple of minutes and the result would have stood.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 3:13 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenlander wrote:

Sure we won the rematch 2 1. I thought t was about seventy minutes I do remember we would have only to have played another couple of minutes and the result would have stood.

GoS confirms the nils. The hour mark is just my recollection.

Last time we beat Barnsley 2-1 was Dwight's first game complete with his overhead kick goal first game of the season. Walking out of that one my mate said 'only another 47 points for safety' and, of course, we went down on 48. He's a feckin seer my mate is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 3:22 pm

exeter winning 2-0

Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 3:25 pm

Game still on and very much not abandoned popcorn
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 3:25 pm

Gentle breeze and light rain now, what was all the fuss about Cool
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 3:35 pm

Three of the four roads out of my valley are impassable unless in a four by four.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 3:46 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Three of the four roads out of my valley are impassable unless in a four by four.

Stay in then.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 3:47 pm

Greenlander wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenlander wrote:

GoS confirms the nils. The hour mark is just my recollection.

Last time we beat Barnsley 2-1 was Dwight's first game complete with his overhead kick goal first game of the season. Walking out of that one my mate said  'only another 47 points for safety' and, of course, we went down on 48. He's a feckin seer my mate is.

No you are right and the match was abandoned on 58 minutes. We won at their place 3 1 before we had the 0 0 rematch I think that's what I'm confusing it with. Ten feckin years ago seems like half that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 3:49 pm

Elias wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Stay in then.

Feck that we're desperate, no biscuits, cakes, onions or booze in the house. This is getting coronavirus like. Anyway us country folk are hard as fook and pretty waterproof.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 3:53 pm

We need to win this, Bradford, Port Vale and Northampton all in the mix with us as it stands. City are going well and don't look like bottling it this time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 3:57 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Game still on and very much not abandoned popcorn

and? im glad i didnt go Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 4:13 pm

crewe winning
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 4:13 pm

0 - 1 great strike from Crewe.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 4:16 pm

I'll keep on saying it - we are shit. Crewe are classes above piss poor Argo.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 4:17 pm

1 -1 Jephcott whoop whoop!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 4:23 pm

Rory Fallon doing another excellent commentary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday's game
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next