Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock? Empty
PostSubject: Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock?   Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock? EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 6:28 pm

Have to say, I never really like the guy until I started watching 'Afterlife'. So many things resonate in watching Afterlife as they do in my own personal life.

Anyway, onto last nights Golden Globes. The angst etched on the woke masses in the audience was fekin priceless. I don't think he'll be back again after last night. I hope he is - every year!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock?   Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock? EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 7:40 pm

Yeah he does it every time.  Must be five or six he’s done now. The people who hire him know he’s going to provide them with massive publicity. The more outrageous his antics are, the more publicity it gets.....(he’s even made the halftime messageboard on ATD!)

Gervais is quite a marmite character. But you’re right, I’ve lost count of the number of people who weren’t fans that loved Afterlife. Tbf anyone that doesn’t like or can’t appreciate Afterlife, then there’s not much hope for them.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock?   Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock? EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 8:43 pm

Just never liked anything he has done.

He's like Johnathon Ross when he presents programs like awards, he thinks he's so clever and 'right on' with his comments but in my eyes they both come across as total cnuts.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock?   Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock? EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 10:15 pm

Dont find him that funny even when he co wrote the office it was just him cutting his old stand up material. Americans love him that should say it al as they have no sense of humour
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock?   Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock? EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 10:40 pm

Very funny but so smarmy you'd want to laugh at him, then punch him in the face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock?   Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ricky Gervais - literal genius or a one off shock jock?
Page 1 of 1