Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...

Go down 
+5
Freathy
Peggy
mouldyoldgoat
Tringreen
seadog
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... Empty
PostSubject: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 11:44 am

Tom Daley in "relationship with man" shocker..

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 11:51 am

Tring with Goat shocker!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:01 pm

Bandy in bike and over consumption of ale shocker...

Freathy predicts FA cup exit for "worst ever" Argyle...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:31 pm

James Brent, "To be honest I couldn't give a feck about Argyle." Now that should be a shocker but probably wouldn't even raise Hairies eyebrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Lee Jameson will be getting all wet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 2:00 pm

When it's pouring with rain outside there's nothing I like better than getting into bed and getting wet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 2:06 pm

knecht wrote:
When it's pouring with rain outside there's nothing I like better than getting into bed and getting wet.
affraid 
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 2:06 pm

Sounds like some scummy rag was about to "expose" him.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Tom D, not Knecht........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Worse kept secret in Christendom wasn't it? Anyone who watched splash! could see he enjoyed hugging that guy from benidorm and didnt when he hugged charlotte jackson.

To me it Doesn't make him any better or worse as a person for finally confirming what the world knew already he is free to be what he wants to be in his private life i judge a person on their merit not by what they are and its hardly news worthy these days.

However with that said i have no doubt he will still be treated like a martyr regardless of his wishes by the usual suspects ie glaad and peter tatchell for being gay in the 21st century portraying him as an outcast by having the world focused on his sexuality and how homophobic his industry is which i think is more off putting for others to come out than the backlash some will give as not everyone wants to be martyr or treated different if they choose not too imo

Simply support him as a person and carry on with life.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 3:27 pm

seadog wrote:
Tring with Goat shocker!
Just the one goat, dear boy.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Tringreen wrote:
seadog wrote:
Tring with Goat shocker!
Just the one goat, dear boy.
Its all lies!!!!

We're just good friends! Shocked Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:38 pm

I think we can safely say........Tom Daley is not a muff diver. Razz  flower 
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 8:02 pm

seadog wrote:
Sounds like some scummy rag was about to "expose" him.
That's what I thought, too. Didn't he issue a denial at some point, too?

Radio 4 were making something of him being a sportsman who's come out during his career, rather than after retiring, and they have got a point. But I'm not sure all the gay footballers and other sportspeople who are reluctant to come out because of the attitudes in their sports are going to feel any differently just because a diver's outed himself.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Tom Daley is gay.......probably the least surprising 'news' ever
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Has he gone public? Oh my what a relief. Secret trysts all the time and not being able to snog him in public was getting too much for me and starting to put a strain on our relationship.

Love you babe! I love you 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 8:37 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
I think we can safely say........Tom Daley is not a muff diver.  Razz  flower 
Laughing Laughing queen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Nobody has mentioned it but isn't the surprise here that "I also like girls"? He's not really gay he just isn't fussy and doesn't know which way to turn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 9:31 pm

I know at least two people who are bi-sexual - doesn't it just give them a wider choice than we who are inflicted with heterosexuality?

(I even very vaguely know someone who appears to be asexual - all part of life's rich tapestry).
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 10:07 pm

The still fancying girls thing was thrown in to keep the little girls buying the calendars, books merchandise crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 10:16 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Nobody has mentioned it but isn't the surprise here that "I also like girls"?    He's not really gay he just isn't fussy and doesn't know which way to turn.
having your cake and eating it i think its called. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 10:18 pm

Is that another "shock horror" revelation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 7:21 am

I mentioned this to a few of the blokes at work yesterday and more often then not the response was who? or a scratch of the nut then followed by...oh him.
Twatter aside once you move outside of the Plymouth circle he is actually not that famous as far as being famous goes...if that makes any sense?
But im with most of you on this one,not really surprised in the least and if that's the way the lad is then so be it, i don't really have a problem it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:01 am

Thanks to the bravery of Tom I am prepared to come out and tell the world that I am straight and in order for society to accept me as 'normal' I am going to dress up in a leotard with frilly bits and scream in a high pitched voice while in a Straight Pride march through a large city to show how 'normal' I am.

FFS, it's 2013 and whilst there will always be one or two that find change difficult to accept the vast majority accept that homosexuality is 'normal', so why the fek do we need to have such a song and dance about it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:21 am

And it begins....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and to save you all from having to pay to read this here is the text in full minus the pics and videos

some sun cnut wrote:
Tom's big night OUT
Olympic diving star at gay club hours before coming out on YouTube
Diver Tom Daley during Olympics
Sporting icon ... diver Tom Daley during Olympics
EXCLUSIVE By ALEX WEST and DAN WOOTTON Published: 10 hrs ago
OLYMPIC diving star Tom Daley partied at a gay club just hours before telling the world he is dating a man.
Tom, 19, who decided to come out after developing a close friendship with gay former S Club Juniors idol Aaron Renfree, said yesterday in a YouTube message: “I couldn’t be happier.”

The bronze medallist certainly looked happy as he went clubbing at Zero’s on Saturday to celebrate his decision.

Tom was pictured with a drag artist for the club’s Facebook page — and posed with an arm around beaming barman Jack Williams.

Tom's YouTube revelation
In at the deep end ... Tom's YouTube revelation
A club source said Tom even jokily asked one man to go home with him.

He added: “One of Tom’s friends said ‘As you can probably tell Tom is gay and he’ll be coming out tomorrow’.”

Tom arrived at the club in his hometown Plymouth at around 2am with cousin Sam and friends.

One barman said: “Tom was in good spirits — laughing and joking and not surprisingly being quite flirty.”

Tom made yesterday’s announcement in a five-minute video — in which he said he still fancied girls.

Aaron Renfree
Close pal ... Aaron Renfree
Rex Features
He added: “Come spring this year, my life changed massively when I met someone and it made me feel so happy, so safe and everything just feels great. And that someone is a guy.”

Video:Tom Daley: I'm in a relationship with a guyNewsOLYMPIC diving star reveals he is dating a man in YouTube clip and says he 'couldn't be happier'
Ex-rugby ace Gareth Thomas, one of the highest-profile sportsmen to have come out, said: “Tom will look back on this as one of his proudest moments.

“He’ll give youngsters and adults that are struggling with their sexuality the confidence to be honest.”

Tom with drag act and tweet
All smiles ... Tom with drag act and tweet
Pop idol-turned dancer Aaron is believed to have been instrumental in Tom’s decision to go public. A friend of Tom’s said: “He and Aaron have formed a very close friendship.

“Tom always looked up to Aaron. He’s been one of the main reasons behind his decision to come out.” Aaron tweeted yesterday: “Big respect.”

Tom was also assisted in his decision by former The Only Way Is Essex producer Mike Spencer, who is also gay.

The pair became close friends on a world trip for a new TV series. Mike wrote yesterday: “What a fantastic role model.”

Tom, his tweet, and barman Jack
Hi, diver ... Tom, his tweet, and barman Jack
Tom is said to have come close to coming out before during a TV interview but changed his mind at the last minute.

A friend said: “A lot of his key backers and sponsors weren’t keen on the idea. That’s a shame.” Celebrities yesterday praised Tom’s decision.

Match of the Day’s Gary Lineker said he hoped it may encourage some football stars to go public about their sexuality. The ex-England skipper said: “Delighted Tom is happy in his new relationship.”

Little Britain actor Matt Lucas, 39, tweeted: “Interesting to observe general Twitter joy followed by sadness that he’s not actually available anyway. Ah bless, bit young for me.”

Tom with his mum Debbie
Family support ... Tom with his mum Debbie
Co-star David Walliams said: “We love you even more for your bravery.”

Tom’s ex-girlfriend, US diver Kassidy Cook, said: “Proud of how confident and brave you are!” Tom responded by saying he was “overwhelmed” by the support.

In his video Tom said he decided to announce his sexuality after he was recently misquoted in an interview which claimed he denied being gay.

He said his mum Debbie was “so supportive” — but admitted his extended family had “mixed opinions”.

On the video he said: “Of course I still fancy girls but right now I’m dating a guy and I couldn’t be happier.”

Tom’s grandma Rosemary Davey, 65, said: “We are confused because he’s always had girlfriends.”

I too was teen who found the courage
By DAN WOOTTON, Head of Showbiz

I WAS the same age as Tom Daley when I came out to my parents.

It’s one of the most difficult — but then quickly liberating and life-changing — things I’ve ever had to do.

There’s the fear of the unknown and an overwhelming feeling of guilt for having misled the people you love about your real feelings in the past.

I can only imagine the pressure for Tom at doing so in the public glare. But his YouTube coming out video was eloquent, poised, mature and, yes, brave. It’s hard to believe he is only 19.

Some commentators claimed yesterday that nobody’s sexuality should make the news.

That’s naive — we’re interested in famous people’s relationships, whether gay or straight. Tom is one of the most popular — and eligible — sportsmen in the country so the fact he’s in a relationship is, of course, of interest.

Let’s also not kid ourselves that professional sport is not full of homophobia.

I’m told Tom had considered coming out in the past, but some of his sponsors and supporters discouraged him. That’s outrageous.

Tom will make much more impact on gay youth by choosing to come out now at his sporting peak rather than in a few years when he’s retired.

While it might seem being gay is completely accepted in the showbiz world, that’s not quite telling the full picture.

I know of countless male celebs — from A-list movie actors to boyband members — who hide their sexuality.

And remember, not one pro footballer is out in this country. That’s ridiculous.

Shockingly, nearly a quarter of young gay teenagers in Britain try to kill themselves.

Tom’s decision to simply be himself will provide so many of these teens with an inspirational role model.

And that could be a personal legacy even more important than his Olympic medal.

Secret for Prem lads
EXPERTS estimate seven per cent of Brits are gay — but so far none of football’s 540 current Premier League players have dared to come out. In theory, up to 38 of them may be in the closet. Here are sports stars who HAVE come out.

Robbie Rogers, Gareth Thomas and Carl Hester
Brave ... from left to right, Robbie Rogers, Gareth Thomas and Carl Hester have all revealed their sexuality
ROBBIE ROGERS, 26. Winger Robbie quit Leeds United and footie after revealing his sexuality — but reversed his decision earlier this year to sign up for LA Galaxy.

GARETH THOMAS, 39. Former Wales star Gareth was the first openly gay rugby player. He revealed his sexuality in a 2009 interview after his divorce from wife Jemma Thomas.

CARL HESTER, 46. British dressage Olympic gold medal champ Carl was previously in a relationship with international rider Spencer Wilton. Awarded an MBE this year.

Lee Pearson, John Amaechi and Nicola Adams
Timing ... from left, Lee Pearson, John Amaechi and Nicola Adams, made different choices about when to come out
LEE PEARSON, 39. Paralympic gold medallist Lee — who competes in dressage — came out to his parents when he was 20. He has been awarded an MBE, OBE and CBE.

JOHN AMAECHI, 43. Retired English basketball player John made his announcement in his 2007 memoir. But he had waited until retirement to tell his followers.

NICOLA ADAMS, 31. Flyweight boxing champ Nicola became the first openly gay boxer to win an Olympic Gold when she won the medal at the London 2012 Games.

Steven Davies, Graeme Obree and Justin Fashanu
Difficult ... from left, Steven Davies, Graeme Obree and Justin Fashanu - top sportsmen who wrestled with the issue of coming out
STEVEN DAVIES, 27. The England batsman and wicket-keeper came out to his fans in an interview with The Sun in 2011 — the first pro cricketer to go public with his sexuality.

GRAEME OBREE, 48. The Scot — who twice broke the world record for longest distance cycled in an hour — came out soon after rugby star Gareth Thomas’ revelations.

JUSTIN FASHANU. The Nottingham Forest football star took his own life aged 37 in 1998 — following years of abuse after he came out in an interview with The Sun.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
As i said yesterday he wants to carry on with life as normal and the sun try and paint him as the messiah that can make the likes of Wayne Rooney come out the closet

as gob says its 2013 FFS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...   Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares... Empty

Back to top Go down

Shock...Horror....and frankly who cares...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next