Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Klitschko v Chisora

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Klitschko v Chisora Empty
PostSubject: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:27 pm

That Chisora fella is really asking for a thumping. He's just spat water all over Vladimir Klischko during the preliminaries in the ring.

Anyway, fight's just started. I give it a minute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:33 pm

I'm predicting Klitschko knocks him out in the fourth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:43 pm

OK. The fifth. Or maybe the sixth ...

Klitschko to win on points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Chisora has made it to the end of round 4. He's even managed to land a punch. Klitschko has barely broken sweat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Sounds like it's going the distance. 5Live pretty impressed with Chisora.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:03 pm

He's doing the rope a dope lol. He's lasted far longer than I thought it would.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:04 pm

All three judges have Klitschko ahead after 8 rounds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Peggy wrote:
Klitschko to win on points.

Cool

Blimey. Respect to Chisora for lasting it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:45 am

And well done you for correctly predicting the result. Eventually. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:48 am

The post fight press conference was quite entertaining too! The pair of them are an embarrassment to British boxing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:52 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
And well done you for correctly predicting the result. Eventually. lol!

Feminine intuition innit Cool

Respect withdrawn after what I've heard this morning, mind. If Hay and Chisora are so lacking in control, neither should have a boxing licence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 9:08 am

After seeing this, I agree with Peggy:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 11:45 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
After seeing this, I agree with Peggy:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What an embarrassment to both Britain and boxing.

Oh for the days of Ali, Norton, Spinks, Foreman, Frazier, Holmes, Lewis, Tyson plus many more.

The Klitchko's are very good boxers however it's a pity that they have no real challengers out there.

RIP heavyweight boxing.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Heavyweight boxing has been a freak show for years now with the press conference antics now more akin to the showbiz approach adopted by American wrestling. Just like American wrestling there's any number of world champions at any given time. It's all a bit much.

I, too, yearn for the days when Tyson was a role model to admire. I'm just not sure that the ear-eating rapist ever made the cut in the first place.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:05 pm

The press conference scenes were unbelievable. I know it's been suggested that it was all staged managed for publicity, but I can't believe that even Frank Warren would have arranged for David Haye to smash a bottle into Chisora's face, even if it was a puch whilst holding a bottle.

Chisora is a nobody who was given a world title shot just to ensure Klitschko stays champion. He did better than anyone expected, but still never won a round or troubled Klitschko. He showed by slapping Klitschko in the weigh in, spitting water into the other brothers face in the ring, and then brawling after the fight, that he's a disgrace. He was as much to blame as Haye for the brawl at the post fight press conference, where he repeatedly said he was going to shoot Haye, and then said he was going to burn him, after walking the length of the room to confront Haye. Haye's camp are saying the punch thrown whilst holding the bottle was a defensive reflex action. Possible I suppose with a brute like Chisora and his entourage coming at you, but it still doesn't explain Haye wielding a camera triopd as a weapon!

At least Haye is a proven boxer, who has won the Heavyweight world title, and if he hadn't stepped up to Heavyweight, would be easily the best Cruiserweight or Light-Heavyweight boxer around. He came up short himself against Klitschko, and acted like a moron for most of the build up to that fight, but he has shown that he can box, unlike Chisora.

I guess both Haye and Chisora will be punished for their antics, Chisora will probably lose his licence to box for quite a while, Haye hasn't got his licence anymore so far easier to punish him, just refuse any application he makes to take out a licence again, and Haye could be charged for the bottle incident, as it was so public he can hardly deny it.

If neither of them have a licence to box professionally, I wouldn't be surprised if they are offered big money to cage fight which would draw a massive pay per view audience after all the publicity, so the ironic thing is they could both gain financially for behaving like thugs. I know I would tune in to see them fight now, and I would prefer it to be in a ring with rules and a referee, but can't see how they will be able to box again anytime in the near future.

Also I have to say that I have never been a fan of the Klitschko brothers, who seem robotic and efficient rather than particularly skillful or in the least bit entertaining, but they both handled themselves with unbelievable dignity and composure, whilst being slapped, spat at, insulted and a brawl breaking out in a press conference that was supposed to be about one of them winning the fight!

Ideally I bet Vitali would like to now fight David Haye and Wladimir fight Chisora on the same bill and give the pair of them a good beating, but unless the boxing authorities let the British pair have licences for those fights and no others, the next British fighter to take on a Klitschko will be Tyson Fury, who is at least entertaining and if he connects with either of them, would stand a chance, but he leaves himself wide open and probably wouldn't last long enough to test their chins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:43 pm

BBC now report that both Chisora and Haye could be facing criminal charges and possible jail sentences.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Peggy wrote:
BBC now report that both Chisora and Haye could be facing criminal charges and possible jail sentences.

Shock horror, BBC reports nothing !

They will not be charged nor will they do time, the Germans will be happy to see them out of the country it's just a shame the pair of them have a right of domicile here.

The fight wasn't a fight at all just like the Haye debacle, I can't for the life of me understand why people pay to attend or watch such cons but I guess the lowest common denominator in most spheres of what passes for entertainment is pretty low nowadays, you only have to look at the output from Hollywood to see that, or even paying £23 to get in to Meadow Lane last week, we all stump up for absolute shite on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:53 pm

The BBA should issue lifetime bans to the pair of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora   Klitschko v Chisora Empty

Back to top Go down

Klitschko v Chisora
Page 1 of 1