Chemical Ali
Mock Cuncher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Omfg   Omfg EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:15 pm

It is amazing how pleased and shocked I am to wake up to something positive for once!

Let's hope we actually build on this as we failed to do the Northampton game earlier on in the season.

I'll bet it was the Forza Verde again, eh!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omfg   Omfg EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:19 pm

It's a bit surreal, never known this site so quiet because no-one knows what to do!
Back to top Go down

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omfg   Omfg EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Conner Hourihane has twitted how impressed he is with the 500 travelling fans. I think he's right - that's an impressive turn-out for one of our longest journeys. And for a club in our position it's brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omfg   Omfg EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 7:11 am

Superb score against a side who are still in with a chance of the playoffs.

Chris Webb, on radio Devon, said that Argyle were playing a much higher line than normal- which is what has been needed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omfg   Omfg EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 7:46 am

knecht wrote:
Conner Hourihane has twitted how impressed he is with the 500 travelling fans. I think he's right - that's an impressive turn-out for one of our longest journeys. And for a club in our position it's brilliant!

I think it worth pointing out [again] that travelling jocolor from Plymouth will probably count for no more than half the turnout.

Plymouth is the 13th largest city club and as a result has many exiles.

Lest we forget.

In the name of Aviva ! jocolor

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omfg   Omfg EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:54 am

This is a shit division full of shit teams and crap players and that includes Accrington Stanley. But we have been so staggeringly bad that we have made ultra shit teams look good. We're not suddenly going to go from unbelievably crap to good overnight and I do not believe any corners have been turned yet. We thrashed Northampton too then reverted to type straight afterwards. Fletcher and his bunch of no-hopers have to turn in performances like yesterday week in and week out before we can say things have finally changed for the better. As it stands we are deep in the relegation shit with teams around us -above and below -having played less games and I'm not convinced yet we have what it takes to get out of it.
Back to top Go down

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omfg   Omfg EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 9:06 am

Freathy wrote:
This is a shit division full of shit teams and crap players and that includes Accrington Stanley. But we have been so staggeringly bad that we have made ultra shit teams look good. We're not suddenly going to go from unbelievably crap to good overnight and I do not believe any corners have been turned yet. We thrashed Northampton too then reverted to type straight afterwards. Fletcher and his bunch of no-hopers have to turn in performances like yesterday week in and week out before we can say things have finally changed for the better. As it stands we are deep in the relegation shit with teams around us -above and below -having played less games and I'm not convinced yet we have what it takes to get out of it.

Amongst all the vitriol Freathy I'm learning to understand you make some valid points but it becomes lost in my normally frustrated response to your posts when you use words like "Fletcher and his bunch of no-hopers" They're not, they're working hard to try and get us out of this mess. Limited some of them maybe but that's no reason to label and abuse them.

The key is to breathe ten times and then respond I guess.......and exhale

Right onto your argument - Yes, this is a poor division with not much gap between the BSP. Yes we're not going to go to brilliant overnight. Yes, consistency is important. Yes, we're still in a relegation dogfight. Yes, the teams below us have games in hand. Agree with all of that.

No, the team are not no-hopers. Yes, we have what it takes to get out of this mess.

The team took some stick for Tuesday's performance, and rightly so, but with two clean sheets and another move up the league you cannot argue credibly that with the signings of Purse, Hemmings, Chadwick, MacDonald and maybe even Deehan we are not making progress.

They have to do next week what Argyle are never good at - winning an important game when the expectation is there. As Greenjock mentioned on another thread I would like to see us go at them from the off.

Have a lovely Sunday all, its a beautiful day and I'm off to the beach with the children. sunny
Back to top Go down

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omfg   Omfg EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 9:07 am

Give credit where credit is due, that was a really good performance, and for the first time this season we have ground out a result against on of the better teams in the league when the teams around us have collapsed. We have D&R at home next week, nothing short of a win will do in that game, Tuesday after and we have Macclesfield away, it should still be a good time to play them, if we can pull 6 points out of the bag in the next 2 we will really be looking good, 4 points may be enough but 2 wins, why not? cheers
Back to top Go down

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omfg   Omfg EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 9:14 am

Still overwhelmed by yesterday's result Very Happy

Whatever happened between Tuesday and yesterday needs to be held onto and intensified now. Enjoy Life's right to an extent: nobody gets to play professional football, even at this low level, unless they're good enough, and 4-0 away would tend to prove that. The key for me is the two coming home matches: if we can match yesterday's form and commitment, some of us will be able to start smiling again.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omfg   Omfg EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 9:14 am

Why not indeed. The personnel has been greatly changed since I saw the 'boys' get thumped at Oxford. I remain concerned but it is a sunny day, a roast lunch, a walk on the beach and some football/rugby on tv at the pub, where I can enjoy a few beers and a cigar or two.
It's only a game after all.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omfg   Omfg EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 11:10 am

Tringreen wrote:
Why not indeed. The personnel has been greatly changed since I saw the 'boys' get thumped at Oxford. I remain concerned but it is a sunny day, a roast lunch, a walk on the beach and some football/rugby on tv at the pub, where I can enjoy a few beers and a cigar or two.
It's only a game after all.

'Tis a sunny day here too Tring! It is a bit of a wierd feeling today. Almost a throwback to the days when you woke up on a Sunday, remembered Argyle had won, and couldn't wait to get to the newsagents to pick up a Sunday Independent.

Off out in a bit - gonna give Cap'n Jaspers a visit for a 'Big J' (sausage egg bacon onions relish in a french stick) Mmmmm

Sometimes, life is good... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omfg   Omfg EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 11:29 am

Bascially accrington totally cocked it up yesterday.

They elected to let us have the wind in the 1st first then kept trying to play the ball out of defence into the wind.
They did this no matter how many times they lost the ball & gave us two goals - the result of closing them down early. (at last!!!!)

Their best player the 17 was on the bench until start of second half.

At two nil we seemed to lose our way in defence and had accrington got a goal back it would have been backs to the wall.

At elast we went looking for more goals, Purses header really wrapped it up.
GREAT WIN !!! NOW BEAT DAGENHAM.
Thats our problem in last 3 seasons we beat mid table sides but not those around us in the relegation scrap.

I paid a heavy price for the win, after being stood in the frozen gale ive now got what feels like flu !!!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omfg   Omfg EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:02 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
Bascially accrington totally cocked it up yesterday.

They elected to let us have the wind in the 1st first then kept trying to play the ball out of defence into the wind.
They did this no matter how many times they lost the ball & gave us two goals - the result of closing them down early. (at last!!!!)

Their best player the 17 was on the bench until start of second half.

At two nil we seemed to lose our way in defence and had accrington got a goal back it would have been backs to the wall.

At elast we went looking for more goals, Purses header really wrapped it up.
GREAT WIN !!! NOW BEAT DAGENHAM.
Thats our problem in last 3 seasons we beat mid table sides but not those around us in the relegation scrap.

I paid a heavy price for the win, after being stood in the frozen gale ive now got what feels like flu !!!!

Weren't you wearing your jocolor hat ?..................................................... only joking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Omfg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omfg   Omfg Empty

Back to top Go down

Omfg
Page 1 of 1