katman
Tringreen
Freathy
Nick
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Just what we needed. And more the same next Saturday will be even better. Well done the lads, the support and also Chris Webb. His commentating was actually very professional. Can't imagine it's easy to be put on the spot for the first time and I have to say he sounded pretty good, if a bit mumbly at times.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Beat D&R and we're six points clear of them with at least +10 more goal difference. Of course it's nowhere near a done deal but it could go a long way to putting one of our BSP fodder rivals out of the picture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Bleddy brilliant, everybody around us has lost, D&R by 5 What a Face GD looks a lot better now, clean sheet twice in 2 affraid hope Fletch doesn't get poached by a bigger club. lol!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Well bugger me senseless and call me Doris. Never expected that. Top effort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Just what we needed. And more the same next Saturday will be even better. Well done the lads, the support and also Chris Webb. His commentating was actually very professional. Can't imagine it's easy to be put on the spot for the first time and I have to say he sounded pretty good, if a bit mumbly at times.

Totally agree.

Next week we enter Argyle's nemesis ever since I've been going anyway - a true 6 pointer with an expectant crowd. Next week could see us put some clear daylight between us and the Daggers. Will we deliver? I bleddy hope so.

I would be the first to say Chris' punditry was a tad monotone but he dealt with it well. Its one of those jobs that everyone thinks they can do but I'm sure its a bloody sight harder than it looks (I mean listens...)

Well done everyone. A great weekend's work. Now only the merlot left Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Totally agree.

Next week we enter Argyle's nemesis ever since I've been going anyway - a true 6 pointer with an expectant crowd. Next week could see us put some clear daylight between us and the Daggers. Will we deliver? I bleddy hope so.

I would be the first to say Chris' punditry was a tad monotone but he dealt with it well. Its one of those jobs that everyone thinks they can do but I'm sure its a bloody sight harder than it looks (I mean listens...)

Well done everyone. A great weekend's work. Now only the merlot left Very Happy

I must admit I thought he would be going beserk when we scored, but he stayed very professional. And I hope Fletcher tells the team to get after Dagenham right from the kick-off. They must be low on confidence and an early goal like today could knock them for 6.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 6:02 pm

Excellent and completely unexpected result. Problem is we need to do this everyweek now to have a chance of avoiding the abyss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Freathy wrote:
Excellent and completely unexpected result. Problem is we need to do this everyweek now to have a chance of avoiding the abyss.

Every other week will be okay cheers

Have a lovey evening Freathy drunken
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Every other week will be okay cheers

Have a lovey evening Freathy drunken

EL, I think you're starting to chill and get this site, and some of it's posters. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:19 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Well bugger me senseless and call me Doris. Never expected that. Top effort.

Let's start off with the easy one, Doris.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:30 pm

My phone buzzed non stop all through, fabulous result and a positive glimmer of hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:35 pm

So many firsts today for this season at least you would be forgiven for not knowing where to start. Firstly there is Freathy saying the word "Excelllent" in the same sentence as Argyle. Secondly there is the actual score. Thirdly there is a grudging praise rather than kicking for Mr President from residents of ATD. And, fourth and by no means last, Argyle have moved up yet another place in the league. I'm not dreaming all this and it's not Saturday evening yet am I?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
So many firsts today for this season at least you would be forgiven for not knowing where to start. Firstly there is Freathy saying the word "Excelllent" in the same sentence as Argyle. Secondly there is the actual score. Thirdly there is a grudging praise rather than kicking for Mr President from residents of ATD. And, fourth and by no means last, Argyle have moved up yet another place in the league. I'm not dreaming all this and it's not Saturday evening yet am I?

And you've found out that Gus Honeybun f***s like a rabbit.

Chris comes in for stick on here, but only when it's justified. There could be some awkward questions for him to answer soon about the GAS Board elections, so it could be business as usual again shortly.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Get Webby on every week if that's the result. We all over emphasize single results as we lurch from euphoria to deep depression but IMHO this is a really significant result. Confidence is everything and the players can now start to see they can win as well as avoiding expected defeats. After the crap on Tuesday this is a right tonic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Accrington Stanley! Who are they?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 7:19 am

I only caught about 20mins of the radio devon commentary, but I thought CW did a very good job as summariser and made some very good points. If we can win 4-0 every time he summarises, we ought to staple him to Sparksy asap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 9:13 am

I thought that Webby did pretty well.
Football league show has us at about 1:05, we even get a mention in the round up. affraid
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:36 am

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:44 am

Read page 1 as well ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Accrington v Argyle.....   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 11:26 am

Interesting post-match comments from Paul Cook.

(Forgot link 1st time - duh). No
Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 11:39 am

Next week will be very interesting. An absolute must win for both teams. D&R are truly shite, at least as shit as us but possibly even worse - if that is indeed possible! Fletcher (Deehan) has to go all out to retlentlessly attack without mercy and not defend from the start like against Barnet. Otherwise we'll be looking at an utterly disasterous home draw or a loss. Shit, I'll even go to this one.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:06 pm

Freathy wrote:
Next week will be very interesting. An absolute must win for both teams. D&R are truly shite, at least as shit as us but possibly even worse - if that is indeed possible! Fletcher (Deehan) has to go all out to retlentlessly attack without mercy and not defend from the start like against Barnet. Otherwise we'll be looking at an utterly disasterous home draw or a loss. Shit, I'll even go to this one.

It is not an absolute must-win for us anymore. It is for D&R though.

Obviously a win is important but we are in control now. It is D&R who are playing catch-up. Not us.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Obviously a win is important but we are in control now. It is D&R who are playing catch-up. Not us.

We're in control ? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Definately do not agree with that. This is a MUST win for us as much as it is for D&R! We're only 3 ponts ahead of D&R and they have a game in hand, although their goal difference is much worse. And Northampton have two games in hand over us. Anything other than a win would be a total disaster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Accrington v Argyle - Richard Blight.....   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Dead right Freathy.
We need a win, and by at least 4 goals. If you go I'm sure they'll pull out all the stops for you.

Merv P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next