Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.

Go down 
+17
Punchdrunk
Les Miserable
Tgwu
RegGreen
Grace Less
Elias
harvetheslayer
shonbo
Chemical Ali
Jethro
sufferedsince 68
Freathy
VillageGreen
akagreengull
Earwegoagain
zyph
seadog
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 2:26 pm

Looks like Bolton are now more at risk than Bury.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 2:28 pm

Jethro wrote:
Steve Dale 43 out of 51 companies he has taken control of were liquidated. Forty-three. Why was he ever let near this football club?
you could say the same about brent 46 bankruptcy’s & dissolvements they need to crack down on these shysters
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 5:04 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Looks like Bolton are now more at risk than Bury.

Just been reading one of their forums, some think there could  be a light at the end of the tunnel, touch and go though.

If they get liquidated I wonder if a new pheonix club will arise from the ashes and restart in the lower, lower leagues ?.

I bet there a a few fans around the country who would like to see them go, especially after they tried to stop relegation from the Premier League all those years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Jethro wrote:
Steve Dale 43 out of 51 companies he has taken control of were liquidated. Forty-three. Why was he ever let near this football club?

Christ not even brent has had that many :O
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 6:49 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Christ not even brent has had that many :O

What I seen on twitter and not had a chance to check it out,

But seriously we need to look at this fit and proper owners test.
or will it uncover too many dropped brown envelopes, sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 6:53 pm

From the scum but it seems to check out and tbh EFL are on the hook too

Steve Dale is a businessman who took over control at Bury in December 2018, buying the club from former chairman Stewart Day for £1.

A worrying 43 of the 51 companies Dale has been associated with have been liquidated.

Dale promised to work closely with the community to ensure the club became financially viable after years of cash problems.

The EFL have admitted they did not put him through the usual process of due diligence when he took control because the club's future was under threat at the time.

Dale now wants to sell the club, and initially came up with an asking price of £2million. He has since dropped his demands to £810,000 for his "hard work".

There are three interested groups looking to buy Bury, but Dale has so far failed to agree a deal with any of them.

He is now thought to be willing to accept an initial payment of £560,000 to relinquish control, with Bury saddled with overall debts of £9million.

Bringing it back to us for a moment, we was in trouble like Bury once but I'm guessing Brent was put through the test, so how did Dale get away with it.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 6:55 pm

Also found what I was looking for

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/_hHa_HgN3xwpibB4YJ2_7aZXPTk/appointments
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 6:56 am

Jethro wrote:

Bringing it back to us for a moment, we was in trouble like Bury once but I'm guessing Brent was put through the test, so how did Dale get away with it.

Am surmising only but I suspect Jimmy had little attention as regards fit and proper having come off relatively good banking career before pulling his parachute routine at Citibank. Again this was pre all his collapses so I'd imagine it was a breeze back then for him

Bolton just watching Sky now seem absolutely up shit creek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 7:33 am

I'm sure they'll all be saved at the 11th hour. They always are.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 7:47 am

Yep, Bolton will be saved and spending again in January as if nothing has happened,  Same with Bury - and I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get some of their players back from us.  And also Lowe.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 9:12 am

Both clubs need to find new owners by 5 o’clock tonight..think Bolton will be ok but not to sure
About poor old bury though
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 10:56 am

It's funny how no one seems as bothered about Bolton as they are about Bury.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 11:47 am

I think its a hangover from the big Sam era whereas Bury are seen as cute and more homespun.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 12:46 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I think its a hangover from the big Sam era whereas Bury are seen as cute and more homespun.

That and they have had the premiershite millions, that Bury didn't.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 1:18 pm

Statement On Behalf Of Paul Appleton, Joint Administrator For Bolton Wanderers

Following my statement of yesterday morning, I am glad to report there is continuing dialogue between the parties whose positions will ultimately decide the fate of the club.

Following my statement of yesterday morning, I am glad to report there is continuing dialogue between the parties whose positions will ultimately decide the fate of the club.

Myself and my team will continue to do everything possible to facilitate a deal and we will work tirelessly to get this finalised for the club, fans, staff and wider community.

The future of Bolton Wanderers is still in doubt but I have to believe there can be a positive outcome before today’s 5pm deadline set by the EFL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 3:45 pm

The Bury deal looks to be dead in the water
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 4:02 pm

58 mins left for both and it doesn't look good for either
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 4:12 pm

Jethro wrote:
58 mins left for both and it doesn't look good for either

Just wait..............................................................
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 4:17 pm

Both seems to be going
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 4:43 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49486208
Less than twenty minutes to go, yes looks like they are both gone.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 5:20 pm

Bolton saved at the death by local legend Christopher Webblethwaite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 5:24 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Bolton saved at the death by local legend Christopher Webblethwaite.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is. Happens every time.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 5:43 pm

thats 50% done,

looks like bury are gone
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 6:40 pm

Bolton and Bury will be absolutely fine.  Lots of speculation about last minute bids for Bury reaching the EFL with proof of funds.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 6:43 pm

Sky have just announced that Bury have sent 3 offers for the club to the EFL. Hopefully its neither Smurthwaite (formerly Notts County) or Cala (formerly Gateshead and Morecambe) as both are as crooked as Dale.

I have seen rumours that one of the reasons that C&N pulled out is due to Dale selling the Bury carpark to his daughter and then demanding money for it as part of the sale! (wouldn't happen at other clubs would it? Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.    Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bury down the pan at the hands of Property Speculators.
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next