akagreengull
Jethro
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 8:40 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Depressing!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Blimey, Bradford City and Northampton Town are going for it.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 pm

Please someone assure me we aren't going to be waiting until the week before the season starts still scrabbling around? Feckin amateur again and no Brent to blame now.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 11:24 pm

How the f-ing feck can Macclesfield, a club who haven't got a pot to piss in and aren't paying wages on time, if at all, be out there recruiting players.

We must be waiting for the standard contract expiry date, 30th June innit, and then we'll go mad. Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 10:20 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Please someone assure me we aren't going to be waiting until the week before the season starts still scrabbling around? Feckin amateur again and no Brent to blame now.

It’s unnerving. But there’s two ways of looking at it. I think by this time last year Adams had already signed the majority of his pure dross - and that’s what they were/are.

With my jester hat on, the fact players we’ve made offers to are deliberating, says to me that they are of a much higher standard and that standard means they have options. They haven’t just signed on the line to the first club that’s made them an offer.

We need players pdq. But if it means waiting another week or so to get a Maynard or a Mayor, then I’d rather wait if it means we don’t squad fill with shite like Tafari Moore etc etc
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 11:03 am

From Bury, this is why the 30th comes into play

The really depressing thought in the above, is if O'Shea, Telford & Adams, who are all under 'contract', go for nothing. You're talking about half a million pounds there, plus add ons, imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 11:13 am

he didnt say when though
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 12:00 pm

I'm starting to think, I hope Lowe knows what he is doing, he's talked a good game so far.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 12:26 pm

Lowe has said nothing different than any other manager who has just landed a new job. Fine words butter no Parsnips.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 12:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 1:02 pm

Suggestions on twitter that Danny Mayor is in the background (photo taken in the club shop)-

Looks similar-

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 2:17 pm

Tgwu wrote:
From Bury, this is why the 30th comes into play

The really depressing thought in the above, is if O'Shea, Telford & Adams, who are all under 'contract', go for nothing. You're talking about half a million pounds there, plus add ons, imo.

Good point TG. There could be technicalities prior to 30th June that disappear on 1st July. Could be a busy day, Monday.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 3:30 pm

That's Deffo Mayor in the club shop even the Bury fans think it is. He's a free agent as well so no need to wait until Monday. Let's hope we can pay his wages, he was rumoured to be joining Tranmere I think.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 3:59 pm

A Bury journalist has tweeted -

Danny Mayor is in Plymouth today to speak to Ryan Lowe and have a look around. Not a done deal tho. He's due to visit another club tomorrow, one which also isn't local [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 9:16 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

Danny Mayor is in Plymouth today to speak to Ryan Lowe and have a look around. Not a done deal tho. He's due to visit another club tomorrow, one which also isn't local [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Due to visit another club - presumably one that pays the going rate.  Won't be coming here then.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 6:52 am

DANNY Mayor admits he is “devastated” at having to bring an end to his time with Bury.

The winger is out of contract after six years with the Shakers and has just helped them win League Two promotion for a second time.

But the 28-year-old, who became a father earlier this year, is resigned to leaving Gigg Lane,

having not been told whether he will be offered a new deal.

“When a bid comes in and you leave to further your career, that’s one thing, but I’ve had to leave because the club’s given me no option,” he said.

“They haven’t offered me a deal, they don’t look like they’re going to, and they don’t look like they want to pay any of the players. It’s a mess.

“I’ve loved it there so it’s a sad way to end. I’m devastated.”

Mayor had been in talks over a contract extension before Bury’s financial crisis hit, forcing

manager Ryan Lowe to depart and join Plymouth Argyle.

Lowe admitted he wants to sign his former team-mate, along with Jay O’Shea and Nicky Maynard, and Mayor visited the south coast club yesterday.

The Preston youth product was due to visit another club based

outside the North West today.

“I’ve left it as long as I could, hoping to speak to the club and get it sorted, but I’ve heard nothing,” Mayor added.

“Everyone knows I’ve just had a kid, it’s close to home and I love the club so it would’ve been perfect for me.

“But it’s got to the point where I have to start looking after myself because I haven’t been paid for three months. It’s a job and I’ve got to start earning wages to pay for my family.

“Teams are going back for pre-season now so I’ve got to look for a club and look forward to next season.”

Bury’s contracted players have been told to report for pre-season training on Monday, although with the club yet to name Lowe’s replacement as manager, it is unclear who will take the sessions.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 7:00 am

Freathy wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Due to visit another club - presumably one that pays the going rate.  Won't be coming here then.

Cheer up Sad Act. Love, Ginger Pubes Wink
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 7:49 am

Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

If only Ginge, if only

As far as the playing side goes it's beginning to feel like brent never left.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 7:57 am

With Mayors family situation it’d be surprising if he came all the way down here.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 8:58 am

Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

If only Ginge, if only

The end of the Adams/Brent axis of arrogant self interest, coming when it did has created this difficult situation. I'm happy to give the chairman and his manager a bit of time to get the playing side up and running.
As far as the bigger picture goes, I'm still hoping that a man of SH's background/contacts will have given thought to inviting some real investing wealth into the club. Without that, the best that can be hoped for is tier three with the possible , short lived flirtation in the championship.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 2:02 pm

Speculation that Mayor is talking to Ipswich today (if true, can't see him choosing us)-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 2:41 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

If only Ginge, if only

The end of the Adams/Brent axis of arrogant self interest, coming  when it did has created this difficult situation. I'm happy to give the chairman and his manager a bit of time to get the playing side up and running.
As far as the bigger picture goes, I'm still hoping that a man of SH's background/contacts will have given thought to inviting some real investing wealth into the club. Without that, the best that can be hoped for is tier three with the possible , short lived flirtation in the championship.

Well, Hallett lives and works in the states and you have got to think he will know one or two who may like to invest a few pennies in Argyle.

In the 20 or so years I reckon I have left on this earth, I would like to see one more stint in the 2nd tier, whether happens remains to be seen.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 2:52 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

If only Ginge, if only

The end of the Adams/Brent axis of arrogant self interest, coming  when it did has created this difficult situation. I'm happy to give the chairman and his manager a bit of time to get the playing side up and running.
Good Post
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 2:53 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

If only Ginge, if only

Good Post
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 3:11 pm

Some Argyle news from G Davies (I presume works for Sunday Independent)-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mayor has been offered a deal; Argyle aren't interested in Fielding; Jephcott has signed a new deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 3:39 pm

Signs of progress at last.

Starting to feel very optimistic about the forthcoming season. Especially if the Mayor deal comes off.

Geddon Lowey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next