Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nice tough preseason planned I see........

Go down 
+8
Punchdrunk
Mook
RD104
Dingle
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
akagreengull
Jethro
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Nice tough preseason planned I see........  Empty
PostSubject: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySat May 18, 2019 3:26 pm

WE will kick-off our 2019-20 pre-season schedule with a trip to Truro City on Tuesday, July 9.

The Treyew Road encounter against the Southern Premier League White Tigers is the first of three games to be played before the Pilgrims depart for their overseas training camp in the Netherlands.

On Saturday, July 13, the Greens head across town to face the upwardly mobile Plymouth Parkway, who finished as runners-up in their first season in the Western League Premier Division.

The Pilgrims’ final game before jetting off to Delden for their fourth successive pre-season tour in the Overijssel region of the Netherlands is at newly-promoted Vanarama National League Torquay United, on Tuesday, July 16.

During their pre-season camp in Holland, which takes place between July 21-26, the Pilgrims will play one competitive fixture.

On their return to Devon, the Pilgrims will face South West Peninsula League champions Tavistock AFC on Tuesday, 30 July, before beginning their Sky Bet League Two campaign a few days later.

PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE

JULY
Tue 9 v Truro City (7.30pm)
Sat 13 v Plymouth Parkway (3pm)
Tue 16 v Torquay (7.30pm)
Sun 21-Fri 26 Delden
Tue 30 v Tavistock (7.30pm)
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySat May 18, 2019 5:40 pm

Great pre season test for the promotion push.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySat May 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Feckin amateur.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySat May 18, 2019 6:16 pm

do we not learn from the mistakes of the past. jesus wept i guess another slow start to next season on the cards while we play catch up with the teams who had pre seasons the right way.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySat May 18, 2019 7:04 pm

Part of me is thinking did Adams set this up before he left.

Seems that way
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySat May 18, 2019 7:26 pm

Bottom by December for the 3rd season in a row, takes some doing that. Greeeeeeeeen aaarrmmmyyyyyyyy
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySat May 18, 2019 7:31 pm

At least we won't get thrashed by Yeovil again.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySat May 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Surprised we are not playing Elburton Villa. lol!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySat May 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Can we really not get Warnock to send a Cardiff side down or something, like a little bit of a test.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySat May 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Jethro wrote:

Seems that way

He did which is even more justification to firing him as he clearly didnt learn his lesson from previous seasons about playing nothing but pub teams instead of having 6-7 games that increase the standard of oppostition as you go along. That is what sensible managers do to test their squad out and find any kinks before the season starts.

so glad adams is gone,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySat May 18, 2019 9:50 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Seems that way

He did which is even more justification to firing him as he clearly didnt learn his lesson from previous seasons about playing nothing but pub teams instead of having 6-7 games that increase the standard of oppostition as you go along. That is what sensible managers do to test their squad out and find any kinks before the season starts.

so glad adams is gone,

Hopefully theres scope to add games against teams of a higher stature,
Back to top Go down
RD104

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySun May 19, 2019 1:04 am

Theres two more home games to be announced, the plan is for these to be of better calibre clubs.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySun May 19, 2019 6:56 am

Also the new manager will have different contacts and ways of doing a pre season.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySun May 19, 2019 11:01 am

You could tell last season was going to be shite when we limped past Parkway 3-1 or whatever it was....
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySun May 19, 2019 11:13 am

can understand a game against a parkway at their place make them some cash,
truro Torquay next level up
then you would think a conference team would be next,
then you get a championship and a premiershite team/reserves to come down, thats how you build a pre season,

But i guesss we will stick with these games to avoid the heat of pulling out of these games,
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySun May 19, 2019 4:16 pm

When will we ever learn.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptySun May 19, 2019 4:44 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
When will we ever learn.

We're completely rudderless currently Punchy thats the problem. The Liverpool guy Parky who on paper seemed a good "signing" was pretty awful and thats polite
With Brent and is hanger on associates still limping around the place this has got conference written all over it unless Hallett bites the bullet and pays the going salary and prefably do it tomorrow
Back to top Go down
humiliatedEmma

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptyMon May 20, 2019 4:48 pm

nothing planned its just happened
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptyMon May 20, 2019 11:02 pm

Jethro wrote:
can understand a game against a parkway at their place make them some cash,
truro Torquay next level up
then you would think a conference team would be next,
then you get a championship and a premiershite team/reserves to come down, thats how you build a pre season,

But i guesss we will stick with these games to avoid the heat of pulling out of these games,

thats the sort of game in that order that you want to have each game brings a different standard to play and test out fitness ad preperations ready for the important stuff. you learn zero playing tavistock and bideford standard all 6 weeks of pre season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptyTue May 21, 2019 9:14 am

This is all done on auto pilot. We played Tiverton because of the Dan McAuley connection and that carried on for years after he left. Truro came about because of the Heaney connection and it seems to have become a fixture.

Problem is not many decent team will come down here, most of the top teams go abroad chasing the dollar
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptyTue May 21, 2019 9:53 am

.....and there is good will....supporting local clubs can help them a little with their finances.....a few hundred greens turning up for a friendly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptyTue May 21, 2019 10:17 am

zyph wrote:
.....and there is good will....supporting local clubs can help them a little with their finances.....a few hundred greens turning up for a friendly.

The club can still do that as we always tend to field a make shift 11 featuring first squad, trialists and a good number of yts players for some games and these games are perfect for that so im not against these sort of games being part of the schedule on that basis.

We just dont need to be too charitable for all 6 weeks when it comes at our expense come the start of the season by playing no one but local semi pro teams we that offer us nothing in terms of real tests.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptyTue May 21, 2019 10:43 am

I've wondered for a couple of years whether we have avoided decent opposition because we don't want to highlight how shite we are. Only people with permanent Brentie hard ons like Biggs and Brian Green plus employed agents of the state like Postey and Nool could take any positives from getting thrashed 5 1 by yovo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptyTue May 21, 2019 10:50 am

I think we can all see the merits for playing some of the local teams in pre season but needs to be stepped up to a premier or at least a championship club(s), which Adam’s suggested he was planning to do and hopefully the new manager has the same views and good connections.
Most of the Premier clubs are abroad chasing the dollar so these days there’s less likelihood of that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  EmptyTue May 21, 2019 10:53 am

But if they won't come to us we go to them. There's one reason we haven't played any quality it's because we haven't approached anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice tough preseason planned I see........    Nice tough preseason planned I see........  Empty

Back to top Go down

Nice tough preseason planned I see........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next