harvetheslayer
zyph
neilbet79
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
neilbet79

Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Elias wrote:
Ask if any truth in rumour he's paid Wotton off from his own money........

Yes it is. And Derek Adams.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 2:38 pm

neilbet79 wrote:
Elias wrote:

Wow it's almost as though the club has cash flow problems. If true obvs.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 5:17 pm

But wouldn't it have come from him anyway,
just a different name on the cheque so to speak,

Instead of PAFC, It had Simon Hallett on it,
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 5:20 pm

did Brent chip in with 30%?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 5:52 pm

neilbet79 wrote:
Elias wrote:

So to confirm, Hallett paid them off with his own personal funds rather than the contracts being paid up by PAFC, the business?

Back to top Go down
neilbet79

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
neilbet79 wrote:
Elias wrote:

So to confirm, Hallett paid them off with his own personal funds rather than the contracts being paid up by PAFC, the business?

All I can say is that Hallett said he personally paid Wooton & Adams contracts
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 7:07 pm

neilbet79 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
neilbet79 wrote:
Elias wrote:

Cheers.

I hope the few that labelled him and 30% as two cheeks of the same arse realise what an unjustified insult that is/was.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 7:59 pm

It was widely reported in the herald last week that Hallet said the pay off for Wotton and Adams won't come from the transfer kitty but written off by him personally.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 8:02 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
neilbet79 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
neilbet79 wrote:
Elias wrote:

Cheers.

I hope the few that labelled him and 30% as two cheeks of the same arse realise what an unjustified insult that is/was.

Oh come off it. It could be man trying to protect his interests by paying some of his own bills. Hardly time to canonise him yet. Argyle still feels to me like it's stumbling along. He has to get the manager and budget right now, much as I like to blame Brent for everything this is Halletts tenure now, he dallied when he should have sacked Adams when we only needed one more win and that has put Argyle under serious pressure. Persoanlly I'm not convinced by him yet.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 8:38 pm

Seemed a genuine type...a fan since young and in it to do what he can to help Argyle and he paid off Adams and Wotton personally to protect the clubs budget for next season.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 8:53 pm

Prefer Hallett over brent , but don't get the whole giving the chairman a hand shandy business.

Wasn't in the Brent hand shandy club so not gonna be queuing up to give hallett one.

He's just the guardian of the club at the end of the day, hopefully he leaves it in a better state then when he found it, when we get passed to the next guardian,

It seems like we have those who want to give him a chance, those yet to be convinced, those who think he's the next brent and a few who can't really be fans of the club the way they take glee in things feckin up for us,
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
neilbet79 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
neilbet79 wrote:
Elias wrote:

Cheers.

Oh come off it. It could be man trying to protect his interests by paying some of his own bills. Hardly time to canonise him yet. Argyle still feels to me like it's stumbling along. He has to get the manager and budget right now, much as I like to blame Brent for everything this is Halletts tenure now, he dallied when he should have sacked Adams when we only needed one more win and that has put Argyle under serious pressure. Persoanlly I'm not convinced by him yet.

Oh I'd love him to do more. I'd love him to be the benefactor so many other clubs have. But taking a personal financial hit when you didn't have to, puts him at the absolute polar opposite end of the scale to the blood sucking leech he succeeded. Wouldn't you agree?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 10:27 pm

Course I would but there is still a chance his stewardship could see us out of the football league next season. If we appoint a decent manager and back him so he can get some decent players, we hit the ground running then we will still get similar crowds to what we have now and disaster will have been averted. However if we dawdle about, appoint someone shit and or continue the shite budgets, start the season like we have the last couple and the crowds and our budget and cash flow will disappear. I wish I shared your faith but we are in a precarious position. Jury is still out on Hallett for me.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 10:41 pm

I take the view that the club must be in some kind of financial trouble if chair has paid out of own pocket, makes a mockery of financial fair play
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2019 5:46 am

Elias wrote:
I take the view that the club must be in some kind of financial trouble if chair has paid out of own pocket, makes a mockery of financial fair play

We cant have been in financial trouble when the paying off Adams and Wotton coincided with season ticket sales. Whilst they will be down big bundles would have been dropping in daily
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2019 7:54 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Course I would but there is still a chance his stewardship could see us out of the football league next season. If we appoint a decent manager and back him so he can get some decent players, we hit the ground running then we will still get similar crowds to what we have now and disaster will have been averted. However if we dawdle about, appoint someone shit and or continue the shite budgets, start the season like we have the last couple and the crowds and our budget and cash flow will disappear. I wish I shared your faith but we are in a precarious position. Jury is still out on Hallett for me.

On the footballing side yeah of course, appointing the right manager is crucial.

But again, it's not so much that I see Hallett as any new Messiah or have any sort of undying faith. It still frustrates me that he doesn't appear to have quite grasped that First team success is absolutely all that matters to 99% of fans.

At the end of the day though, he is the bloke that has ended the asset stripping, blood sucking and hapless attempted property speculation that was the trademark of the Brentmare. If rumours are borne out, he'll be the one that finally see's 30% reduced to 0%. He may not be the sugar daddy we'd love, but he sure as hell isn't looking to fcuk the club over at every available opportunity for personal gain, like Brent was. So at the minute, he'll do.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2019 10:10 am

Hallet is far better than the comedy act that has gone before and wants club to succeed.
But we need to get out of this shit league as soon as possible so get a manager in and give him the budget to make it happen, not a lot to ask.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2019 10:47 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

On the footballing side yeah of course, appointing the right manager is crucial.

But again, it's not so much that I see Hallett as any new Messiah or have any sort of undying faith. It still frustrates me that he doesn't appear to have quite grasped that First team success is absolutely all that matters to 99% of fans.

At the end of the day though, he is the bloke that has ended the asset stripping, blood sucking and hapless attempted property speculation that was the trademark of the Brentmare. If rumours are borne out, he'll be the one that finally see's 30% reduced to 0%. He may not be the sugar daddy we'd love, but he sure as hell isn't looking to fcuk the club over at every available opportunity for personal gain, like Brent was. So at the minute, he'll do.

We agree on a lot of things but I've never been in the camp that wants a billionaire to buy us a spot in the prem, it makes a mockery of fair play and we all know in reality there is no fairness in football they've turned a great sport into a joke on many levels. I still think we are in a very precarious position financially and this last bail out reinforces that view. I'm still not convinced the board have a football first mentality.
Back to top Go down
neilbet79

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2019 11:13 am

zyph wrote:
Seemed a genuine type...a fan since young and in it to do what he can to help Argyle and he paid off Adams and Wotton personally to protect the clubs budget for next season.

I'd agree with this from what I heard.

He also said the player budget last season was not one that should have been relegated. i.e at the very least it wasn't bottom 4.
Back to top Go down
neilbet79

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2019 11:18 am

Another point, he was asked directly, will the player budget be geared for an instant return to league 1 next season, that's to say is promotion everything-he agreed it was.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2019 11:41 am

neilbet79 wrote:
zyph wrote:

He also said the player budget last season was not one that should have been relegated. i.e at the very least it wasn't bottom 4.

I'm pretty sure I read recently Adams saying the budget was bottom five so Hallett isn't lying.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2019 12:49 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
neilbet79 wrote:
zyph wrote:

I'm pretty sure I read recently Adams saying the budget was bottom five so Hallett isn't lying.

Wouldn't adams have said something like that to try to justify being shit , to the herald and us tho.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2019 2:37 pm

No because of Adams was saying hings publicly about he budget hat wasn't true the board would have had him up on it, he's alluded to it for the last two seasons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2019 4:06 pm

neilbet79 wrote:
zyph wrote:

It was said that it was 5th lowest. So in that regard I suppose he is correct
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2019 5:18 pm

If Hollowords has been offered it and turned it down because of money.
He can't be too keen to put right his wrongs, should take the money or leave it.
glad he still loves a pound note so no chance of him coming back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday   Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Simon Hallett at PASLB on Friday
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next