akagreengull
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Simon's new age of finacial transparancy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 11:06 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Angry wrote:
well if we can afford to allegedly turn down £400,000 for ladapo yet cant afford to sign mason and settled for the very cheap anderson instead while at the same time cant offer two top draw players new contracts before the end of the season something tells me we will see nothing of the sort from the club.

Angry we never in a month of Sundays allededly declined an offer of 400k from anyone. Christ Brent would have hired a private plan to fly Freddie to Sunderland
All spurious bullshit released to appease the dribbling avivas on Nools sanitized site

That is actually true, a sum in the region of £400k was turned down. Another similar bid for another player was also expected but never materialised when the club said the player in question wasn't for sale.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 11:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Zoo corner will soon be witnessing 'log in' issues
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

cheers cheers cheers When oh when will these strangers in the village learn, that you can never question Posh Jimmy, or Uncle Si, on the Forelock Tuggers Forum ffs!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Don't think Zoo Corner has been on the "sauce", but has obviously started a course of reality tablets.
Zoo corner should come over to the dark side for further elightenment of why austerity Argo are not climbing the footballing ladder anytime soon, thanks to Si and Jim.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 3:53 pm

I quite like the cut of zoo's jib.

It's the predictable put downs and avoiding the topic that make that place so tedious though. In no particular order:

1) Argue about the relative size of towns in question (with a new subset of arguing whether a place is a town or a city)
2) The old classic 'well you put your money in then'
3) Is Plymouth really on the ocean

There are probably more.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 4:52 pm

The most important thing for me is % playing budget compared to turnover, which to my knowledge 60% is the maximum allowed. If I spend £20 to get in I expect £12 of that to go towards the team. Anything less I have the right to question without loons collating my data, phoning my boss and whatever other shenanigans are used in an attempt to silence me.

What I won't accept is quoting other club's financial details where for instance Southend's owner is putting in £2m of his/their own money each season. We have no context to that arrangement so it's irrelevant to us. If you really want to quote how others are financially propping up their playing squads then join the feckin game, there's obviously enough minted people out there willing to join in. Allow these people to put their money in and lose it... or gain from it with success.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 6:50 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
The most important thing for me is % playing budget compared to turnover, which to my knowledge 60% is the maximum allowed.

That is precisely what you are never going to know.

If there is any sort of 'transparency' at all, you will have the turnover figure. Giving you the playing budget figure as a percentage of the turnover will give you the playing budget - which is the one figure the football clubs seem to want to protect at any cost. Why, is quite beyond me, as any decent agent worth his salt is going to know what clubs are prepared to spend.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 7:21 pm

Rickler wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
The most important thing for me is % playing budget compared to turnover, which to my knowledge 60% is the maximum allowed.

That is precisely what you are never going to know.

If there is any sort of 'transparency' at all, you will have the turnover figure.  Giving you the playing budget figure as a percentage of the turnover will give you the playing budget - which is the one figure the football clubs seem to want to protect at any cost.  Why, is quite beyond me, as any decent agent worth his salt is going to know what clubs are prepared to spend.

Isn't everything pretty much already known amongst rival clubs?

All clubs have to make basic details available to prove they're within the financial fair play regulations.  This is how DA compares himself with rival managers.

Looking beyond that, agents obviously have access to individual contracts, I doubt anyone gives a flying one about Tafari Moore but Lameiras will be of interest as from 1st January this year.

In the context of football alone there really isn't that much to hide unless you don't want the stakeholders aka supporters to know.

I think we're on the same wavelength here. Sometimes I find your American English hard to follow, so apologies for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 9:09 am

We know precisely where we sit in terms of wage expenditure. According to DA the figures are made available to league clubs every October.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Simon's new age of finacial transparancy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: