akagreengull
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Simon's new age of finacial transparancy Empty
PostSubject: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Doesn't sound that transparent.

"Majority owner Simon Hallett made the declaration in his latest Chairman’s Blog column on the club’s official website.

According to Hallett, the Pilgrims will work to improve their financial transparency but ‘without giving anything away that would damage our competitive position.’
So exact details on player transfer fees and wages, for example, are likely to be very limited, if included at all.
Hallett wrote in his blog: “We will be changing our financial year end to June, to coincide with the end of the season and to put us more in line with standard practise in the football world."
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 8:51 am

They'll be as transparent as they want to be; releasing information that they think makes them look good and withholding that which doesn't.

The 'competition' excuse is such bull. I contacted Amnesty International about some of their administrative spending recently, and they sited 'competition' as why they couldn't release the information. Who the hell are they competing with?

Feel sorry for Adams, trying to keep a half-decent team together when your bosses won't even release funds to re-sign your best players when they only have 3 months left on their contracts!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 am

well if we can afford to allegedly turn down £400,000 for ladapo yet cant afford to sign mason and settled for the very cheap anderson instead while at the same time cant offer two top draw players new contracts before the end of the season something tells me we will see nothing of the sort from the club.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 9:06 am

Angry wrote:
well if we can afford to allegedly turn down £400,000 for ladapo yet cant afford to sign mason and settled for the very cheap anderson instead while at the same time cant offer two top draw players new contracts before the end of the season something tells me we will see nothing of the sort from the club.

Angry we never in a month of Sundays allededly declined an offer of 400k from anyone. Christ Brent would have hired a private plan to fly Freddie to Sunderland
All spurious bullshit released to appease the dribbling avivas on Nools sanitized site
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 9:07 am

Only a couple of weeks ago Derek request to take the squad for warm weather training abroad was turned down obviously for financial reasons.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 9:14 am

lol my comments now await "moderation" I hadnt posted for at least a month until around 6am today on that site whereby it worked normally but the Pig was mentioned by name
Cue now moderation

Morning Deliar morning Ian xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 12:49 pm

Why would we expect players wage and contract details to be publicised ?

If I’m wrong in my thinking would all ATD members please post their earnings and property ownerships, only for transparency of course ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 12:56 pm

Graiser wrote:

If I’m wrong in my thinking would all ATD members please post their earnings and property ownerships, only for transparency of course ?

Because as fans we buy into the club. We wear the number 12 shirt according to the club and we might be more willing to invest if we thought the board were not diverting our money to building projects for instance. If you want to know about our earnings then email De Lar.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Graiser wrote:

No need to publish wage details, but I don't think it's too much to ask for transfer fees and contract lengths to be published. If companies make an investment of sell an asset the amount involved is normally known.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 1:49 pm

Ten thousand fans and the budget will be shit.
Only in the Village would this piss take by Mortgage man, and the gang be acceptable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 1:54 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Because as fans we buy into the club. We wear the number 12 shirt according to the club and we might be more willing to invest if we thought the board were not diverting our money to building projects for instance. If you want to know about our earnings then email De Lar.

Thought you wrote back along that you hadn’t been to HP for a few years, so your investments quite safe.
I couldn’t care less what the players personal details are but I would like to understand if we were competitive on the wages front.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Graiser wrote:

No need to publish wage details, but I don't think it's too much to ask for transfer fees and contract lengths to be published. If companies make an investment of sell an asset the amount involved is normally known.

Understand and agree with all that but the OP mentioned wages which would be aligned with contracts.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 2:06 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Thought you wrote back along that you hadn’t been to HP for a few years, so your investments quite safe.
I couldn’t care less what the players personal details are but I would like to understand if we were competitive on the wages front.

Up until five years ago I was a season ticket holder and before that rarely missed a home game from school age. This will be the first season since I was about ten that I haven't been at all. That's forty five years odd btw. Kind of proves my point though, if I thought that my money was going to the playing squad and not Brent's multiple building schemes I'd love to go again Tbf you don't need itemised accounts to know that the football is still playing second fiddle to the mankover. I could also buy into that if the club was more honest about it. The club is not transparent and it's far from honest with the fans.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 2:49 pm

Same for me Earwego, on course myself for a whole season of non attendance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 2:59 pm

Obvs certain things are financially sensitive, but I think there's huge improvements to be made re honesty and financial transparency with the fan base. T'would be nice to know what DA has to work with, and then maybe we could alter our expectations accordingly.(if we're told the truth in the first pace, that is!) Call me a skeptical bastardo, but I just cannot believe anything I'm told by businesses, politicians, large cooperate set-ups etc etc anymore.

The shine's gone for me. The Brent and superfans era has seen to that. As above, I'm very selective with what games I go to know. Do I miss it? Not really. There's another world out there apart from Argo.

Oh, and 2k to be a super fan 'pioneer'? Feck off. I wonder who'll be first in-line? Pig
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 4:41 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Only a couple of weeks ago Derek request to take the squad for warm weather training abroad was turned down obviously for financial reasons.

But is that not trusting him with money, because look what he's wasted wage money on in terms of a squad.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 6:03 pm

All we want to know is if the budget will be in line with attendances.

If PAFC are top six attendance wise, Adams should have spending power among the best in the Division.

As it is we have play off attendances and a relegation budget
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 6:08 pm

Grovehill wrote:

If PAFC are top six attendance wise, Adams should have spending power among the best in the Division.

I can't remember the last time it was?! With a regular 10k we should be paying half decent money to bring in decent players. Not stupid money, but sensible money - the basis of running a sustainable, successful team, surely!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 6:20 pm

The January transfer window showed how much ambition Hallet, has for the club, not alot!
The Transfer window shut and Adams was forced down the Jobcentre to sign Mansfield outcast Anderson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 6:23 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The January transfer window showed how much ambition Hallet, has for the club, not alot!
The Transfer window shut and Adams was forced down the Jobcentre to sign Mansfield outcast Anderson.

For 57p.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 6:26 pm

P.O.I wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

For 57p.
cheers cheers cheers last year it was Paul Paton from a Jocko Jobcentre for 50p sunny
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 6:33 pm

P.O.I wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

I can't remember the last time it was?! With a regular 10k we should be paying half decent money to bring in decent players. Not stupid money, but sensible money - the basis of running a sustainable, successful team, surely!

That's the problem you have said sensible apart from the 1% of people on here the other 99% think , spend money we haven't got.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 9:29 pm

The very word transparency, smacks of hypocrisy when you realise the chuckle brothers come from the very industries that use creative accounting to produce the required outcomes - Janners have been the perfect pushovers!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 9:59 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
The very word transparency, smacks of hypocrisy when you realise the chuckle brothers come from the very industries that use creative accounting to produce the required outcomes - Janners have been the perfect pushovers!!  

That's because they still stop in the street and point at planes! 'Uugh, was dat?'
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 10:06 pm

I smell a huge pile of bullshit from durnford .

Drip feed the loyal idiots and they will follow comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon's new age of finacial transparancy   Simon's new age of finacial transparancy Empty

Back to top Go down

Simon's new age of finacial transparancy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: