Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

must win tomorrow night?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

must win tomorrow night? Empty
PostSubject: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:37 am

Really have to start winning games, especially home games. If we were to balls it up tomorrow would that signal the end? Should have got a manager in weeks ago like rovers did. They've picked up 13 points in their last 5 games and are now out of danger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 am

Should really be a win, I think we can do it, but attacking from the start is essential.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:48 am

Greenjock wrote:
Really have to start winning games, especially home games. If we were to balls it up tomorrow would that signal the end? Should have got a manager in weeks ago like rovers did. They've picked up 13 points in their last 5 games and are now out of danger.

Doesn't matter Jock. We should be concerned with more important issues like the composition of the GAS board, big flags, how loud the singing is, and who's the fan of the year.

On field stuff has taken a back seat. You'll get in trouble if you talk about football. Wink

For what it's worth, if we don't beat teams like Barnet, we don't deserve to stay up .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:54 am

No game is a must win in February however the next game up at Home Park after Barnet, Dagenham & Redbridge, is as close as it gets to a must-win game. We need a minimum of 6 points from the next 4 games to keep us in the mix bearing in mind the opposition.

We then enter a tough run of 5 games. If we can be there or thereabouts as we kick off against Northampton on 24th March then we have a season defining 3 games in a row against Northampton, Bradford and Hereford.

I'm confident we will do it although there are going to be times when the people in control will have to show some true grit.

On a seperate note if Fletcher pulls this off then he (and Romain) deserve the freedom of the City. Sir Alex might call this squeaky bum time but the real pressure is at the bottom of the league and relegation from League 2 is the worst of all. To take 1 point from 9 games and still escape would be one of the great managerial feats this club has witnessed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
No game is a must win in February however the next game up at Home Park after Barnet, Dagenham & Redbridge, is as close as it gets to a must-win game. We need a minimum of 6 points from the next 4 games to keep us in the mix bearing in mind the opposition.

We then enter a tough run of 5 games. If we can be there or thereabouts as we kick off against Northampton on 24th March then we have a season defining 3 games in a row against Northampton, Bradford and Hereford.

I'm confident we will do it although there are going to be times when the people in control will have to show some true grit.

On a seperate note if Fletcher pulls this off then he (and Romain) deserve the freedom of the City. Sir Alex might call this squeaky bum time but the real pressure is at the bottom of the league and relegation from League 2 is the worst of all. To take 1 point from 9 games and still escape would be one of the great managerial feats this club has witnessed.

I can't agree and can't be arsed to explain why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:40 pm

I've never liked playing Barnet - remember the 2-3 that turned out to be Kevin Hodges' last match?

Every game's a must win. Wish I could feel more optimistic that we'll actually do it, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Well Accrington away on Saturday is tough, God how bad does that sound! but they have won 7 of their last 10 games, but we ought to be beating Barnet and Dagenham, and be aiming to take something from the re-arranged Macclesfield game. 6 or 7 points from those 4 games would be handy to say the least, but a defeat tomorrow night could wreck any confidence the team might have.

Under Fletcher we have picked up more points, still far too many draws, but he has been given an entirely new team from the one Peter Reid had to try and do something with. I still find Reid's dismissal slightly baffling when untried Fletcher was given the reins and has at least been given a chance with new players, where Reid had a whole squad of inexperienced youngsters and none of the team were being paid. Fletcher has at least had the players in a better frame of mind with wages going into their bank accounts for their Nandos, and has still only won 5 games out of 20 in the League, hardly freedom of the city material in my book, but a great achievement if they keep us up.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Well Accrington away on Saturday is tough, God how bad does that sound! but they have won 7 of their last 10 games, but we ought to be beating Barnet and Dagenham, and be aiming to take something from the re-arranged Macclesfield game. 6 or 7 points from those 4 games would be handy to say the least, but a defeat tomorrow night could wreck any confidence the team might have.

Under Fletcher we have picked up more points, still far too many draws, but he has been given an entirely new team from the one Peter Reid had to try and do something with. I still find Reid's dismissal slightly baffling when untried Fletcher was given the reins and has at least been given a chance with new players, where Reid had a whole squad of inexperienced youngsters and none of the team were being paid. Fletcher has at least had the players in a better frame of mind with wages going into their bank accounts for their Nandos, and has still only won 5 games out of 20 in the League, hardly freedom of the city material in my book, but a great achievement if they keep us up.

Y'know uummmm......... I fink it would..........ummm be a mirro...miyra.....mirrak..... bit of luck !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:35 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:

If as a football manager you don't view every match as a must win then you should not be in the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Grumpy wrote:
Enjoy Life wrote:

If as a football manager you don't view every match as a must win then you should not be in the game.

There is a difference between can win or should win and must win. Must win would suggest a that there is a consequence if you don't. Greenjock was hinting that if we do not win tomorrow would that mean that we were certainties for relegation, I disagree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:52 pm

More importantly, are the Dewdneys vans out tomorrow night, or is it just Saturday matches?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Yes we have to beat them tomorrow.

^ Could someone answer cerbs' question as well.... it's vitally important that i know
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Of course it isn't a must win. We're only second bottom FFS! And we can't expect to get results against high fliers like Barnet! Give fletch time! Tomorrow is all about fan fests, dave banana and big flags. Are the buses running? jocolor

Trust in brent clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Cerbera wrote:
More importantly, are the Dewdneys vans out tomorrow night, or is it just Saturday matches?

Think they are, but not 100% certain.

I always have my lunch (or in the case of an evening match, tea) before leaving the house.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Only just found out that they have won 4 in a row, teams usually falter when they get to argyle
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:27 am

Tonight is a game we surely have to win. We cant really afford many more 'unpositive' results now.
Time is running out..............
Draws are not much good im afraid.

3 points simples! jocolor
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Only "must win tomorrow night"-the next 18 games are must wins!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: must win tomorrow night?   must win tomorrow night? Empty

Back to top Go down

must win tomorrow night?
Page 1 of 1