Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?

Go down 
+2
Czarcasm
akagreengull
6 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? Empty
PostSubject: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Any thoughts anyone?
Back to top Go down

What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:20 pm

For some reason aka, you posted this topic twice, so I've deleted one of them. I will also tidy up your use of capitals - it offends my OCD Very Happy

Worst aspect?

The constant worry of will we, won't we come from behind - again!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Sorry about the capitals thought it might stand out-I actually posted two threads purposely, one asking what was the least enjoyable and one asking what was the most enjoyable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Did you? Oh balls! Sorry mate, please repost the second one again (but not in caps please!) - that will teach me not to read properly! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Did you? Oh balls! Sorry mate, please repost the second one again (but not in caps please!) - that will teach me not to read properly! Embarassed

Christ Cerbs, what with all this deleting of threads and grammatical correction, you sure you're Modding on the right site? Wink

The worst thing for me is having MY seat repossessed and being forced to sit with a bunch of spanners... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:43 pm

There could be some very lengthy answers in response to this question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Christ Cerbs, what with all this deleting of threads and grammatical correction, you sure you're Modding on the right site? Wink

The worst thing for me is having MY seat repossessed and being forced to sit with a bunch of spanners... Crying or Very sad

I haven't changed any grammar! I don't think.............. Laughing

Also, it's a small niggle, but the inordinate amount of time it takes to get out of the carpark after the match, really winds my clock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Just for Greenskin I will keep mine short then.

Going to the ground on match days knowing that your team is likely to struggle and by 4 . 50pm being proved right far too often. Starting the season with one point out of nine games and knowing that this season's struggle could be the last one for a while in the football league which is worse than the previous two season's outcomes. Sorry that's two but they sort of go together.

I would add though that wherever they end up I know I will still go on a matchday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Just being f*cking shit, and never winning, also wasting so much money on the team i love Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:46 pm

I liked the the Oxford game and the Rotherham game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:16 pm

It's been frustrating. I think we are an ok team, but we don't play correctly, the tactics are wrong even though we are good enough for this league. I was at tufc v shrews yesterday, it was embarrasing how poor the football was and to think that we are there to
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:21 pm

The least enjoyable part for me has been going to games expecting that we're going to get beaten. This is the first season since I first started watching Argyle, 38 years ago, where I go to a game not expecting to see us score, never mind win. And the one time we do get a thumping win at home (Northampton) I'm working in Beacon Park and can hear the crowd going nuts as those early goals go in, knowing I've missed it. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:05 am

Hi Block4 was at the Gulls/Shrews game also,not sure it was shit football,most people including myself thought it was an enjoyable exciting end to end game,although I have seen Torquay play better this season.They are at the top because they keep grinding out the results-they were crap against Dagenham afew games ago but still won 1-0.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:02 am

Driving to Wycombe Boxing Day and listening to Buck's muppets throwing it away.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Block4Green wrote:
It's been frustrating. I think we are an ok team, but we don't play correctly, the tactics are wrong even though we are good enough for this league. I was at tufc v shrews yesterday, it was embarrasing how poor the football was and to think that we are there to

Pretty surprised to hear the "poor football"comment,the bloke on SSN on Saturday said it was a cracking game.And i must confess that Torquay looked to be a very good footballing side when they came to HP,as good as anything seen down here for a while.Game of opinions,i suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Torquay are a good team. They're not fourth in this league because they play like us!

The sad fact is that L2 is very poor generally and we are more rubbish than the others. Right now, I would suggest that if we had started the season in the Blue Square, then we would be a bottom half team - if we are lucky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:24 pm

I think I have posted this before. I hate going to football on my own which can be due to one reason or another and finding the seat number on your ticket is already occupied by some mouthy twonk who isn't going to move.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Grumpy wrote:
I think I have posted this before. I hate going to football on my own which can be due to one reason or another and finding the seat number on your ticket is already occupied by some mouthy twonk who isn't going to move.

Shirley it can't be hard to find an empty seat nearby, there must be thousands of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

Shirley it can't be hard to find an empty seat nearby, there must be thousands of them.

Yes you are right there are thousands of seats being a modern stadium. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:59 pm

As there were at Sid James Park last Saturday.

5555 total gate of which 1220 was Sheffield. Not exactly heart warming is it?

We are still managing to pull in 6500 week in, week out. Your support is disappearing.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Cerbera wrote:

We are still managing to pull in 6500 week in, week out. Your support is disappearing.

Come on Cerby, you know that five and a half K at Sid James is a crowd, six and a half at Gnome Park is a rest home for retired green plastic seats. You know full well that throwing that old, look what a big club we are line cuts no ice with us any more, you are on your uppers, the fact that a few thousand sad Gargs haven't noticed yet is as funny as it is commendable.

I hate all seater stadia for a number of reasons one of which being that when a club, let's take PAFC as our example, gets in schtuck building a a big old stadium, and in your case the worse because you had to mug the rate payers to fund the development, then drops away to a shadow of its former self leaving sooooo many empty seats on even the biggest match day, well it just looks bad. Sid James on the other hand looks and feels like home with crowds as low as four thousand, the away end and Old Grandstand may be a bit on the scabby side but we still love them, mainly because we don't have to use them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Mock us if wish LT but we have a much bigger flag than you jocolor
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Come on Cerby, you know that five and a half K at Sid James is a crowd, six and a half at Gnome Park is a rest home for retired green plastic seats. You know full well that throwing that old, look what a big club we are line cuts no ice with us any more, you are on your uppers, the fact that a few thousand sad Gargs haven't noticed yet is as funny as it is commendable.

I hate all seater stadia for a number of reasons one of which being that when a club, let's take PAFC as our example, gets in schtuck building a a big old stadium, and in your case the worse because you had to mug the rate payers to fund the development, then drops away to a shadow of its former self leaving sooooo many empty seats on even the biggest match day, well it just looks bad. Sid James on the other hand looks and feels like home with crowds as low as four thousand, the away end and Old Grandstand may be a bit on the scabby side but we still love them, mainly because we don't have to use them.

I must admit I do envy Exeter, insomuch that they'll never have to conform to the all-seater rule.

There are advantages to having always been, and always will be, a perrenial lower league/non-league club.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:54 pm

I haven't not enjoyed any aspect of this season, even your wins were greeted with a smile... as it gives you hope, false hope lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Cerbera wrote:

We're living within our means... where as your gates of 6500 are nowhere near what you need to stop the continuing slide back into administration.. what is it? prestracted figures of another 2million loss by end of season... how much will that grow when your down in the BSPL with gates of 5556 (notice you're still soooo much bigger than us Rolling Eyes ) because you still think you're bigger than you are? You will be but a big fish in a small pond, but still not the biggest lol!

Our support is disappearing.. but yours has disappeared, 6500 compared to 12-20000 just 2 years ago tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?   What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any? Empty

Back to top Go down

What has been the least enjoyable part of watching Argyle this season, if any?
Page 1 of 1