Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.

Go down 
+18
Greenskin
Big Robby
Mook
Bob Crow
lawnmowerman
argyl3
Les Miserable
PatDunne
VillageGreen
RegGreen
Punchdrunk
Freathy
akagreengull
Jethro
Yea Man
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
sufferedsince 68
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 6:56 pm

Very good performance from Argyle and positive win with a clean sheet to boot. thought Smith Brown had his best game for us and was very instrumental with the first gal. Lamerias was out of this world and showed del bhey why he should have been playing from the off this seaason. Carey worked his socks off too.

Defence still looked iffy at times especially towards the end when i think it was Sawyer knocked it back to Lethren who wasnt expecting it almost resulting in an own gal if not goal a an oxford player wa almost played through.

This result doesnt get del off the hook with me, when we are out of the relegation zone with breathing space after a very impressive run of results can it be said we have turned a corner but todays result is a good stepping stone to do this. lets see if he can.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 7:03 pm

Derek Adams thought Plymouth Argyle gave the Green Army a New Year's Day treat as they beat Oxford United 3-0 at Home Park.

Despite starting the game at the bottom of League One there was still a 10,000-plus crowd for the crucial encounter between two relegation-threatened teams.

It was Argyle who came out on top, with two-goal Ruben Lameiras the star of the show.

Both of his goals came after midfielder Antoni Sarcevic gave the Pilgrims the lead as early as the ninth minute.

There have been times this term when under-performing Argyle have come under fire from the Green Army at Home Park after some very poor performances.

But the mood inside the stadium was much more buoyant this time as Oxford struggled to contain the attacking threat of Lameiras, Graham Carey, Sarcevic and Freddie Ladapo.

Adams said: "I think they (the fans) have seen a lot of good football today. They have seen a bit of showboating and a bit of individual skill.

"They have seen a bit of flair, pace, guile and three goals. That's what you want to see from a Plymouth Argyle team, and they have seen that quite a lot at times.

"They have got a lot of talented individuals in their team, and they showed today what they can do.

"The crowd got their money's worth today, which is really good."

The pick of Argyle's goals came in the 67th minute, and put the outcome of the match beyond doubt.

Lameiras made a superb run, twisting and turning the retreating Oxford defence, before firing low past Oxford 'keeper Simon Eastwood.

Adams said: "We spoke about it at half-time. I said to Ruben and Graham Carey that the next time they came inside they should try and reverse it low down to the bottom corner.

"The goalkeeper had started to read them and knew they were going hit it across.

"Ruben did it to perfection and it went right along the ground to the goalkeeper's left-hand side."

Lameiras has always been a fans' favourite with the Green Army, even though he has not always been a regular in the team.

Now, after scoring the equaliser in the 1-1 draw at Burton Albion on Saturday and then netting twice against Oxford, he seems set for an extended run in the side.

Adams said: "He has shown in good glimpses that he can be a consistent performer.

"He scored last week, and he has scored two today. He's going to play against Southend in the next game.

"That's what you need, you need confidence, and he's getting that."

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 7:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 7:30 pm

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Feck me 3 - 0 Lameris again

Shame he's leaving

Pity you weren’t joining him
laugh
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 7:31 pm

3-0 was the least we deserved today. Much better everywhere than we have been and at least as good as Oxford in every way with added X Factor that Oxford did not possess.

All we need to do is cut out that early early goal we seem to let in every week, like we did today, and the rest follows.

Letheren in goal was sound and his kicking was very good. He does have a weird way of parrying shots but nothing bounced away and he was always in control. By the time he was put under any pressure the game was won but there was one comedy mix-up that nearly gifted Oxford the daftest own goal you could wish to see.

Sawyer put in his usal 7/10 performance at LB. Smith-Brown had his best game yet for us at RB - but then he is right-footed. CBs were OK and Edwards certainly had Mackie's card marked and Mackie became more petulant at the game went on.

Songo'o did his thing in front of the back four and Fox and Sarcevic matched their opponents for blood and and snot with Sarcevic in particular showing some quality.

Carey, Ladapo and Lameiras did what we all know they can do.

The first goal came from a great surge by Smith-Brown who made room for himself to shoot. It was going wide but looped up perfectly for Sarcevic to volley home into a gaping target.

Oxford were all asleep for the second. Ladopo robbed the ball and passed a simple one to Lameiras who was in acres of space 20 yards out. A touch, a shimmy and a finish made it 2-0 as easy as you like.

We just played out the 2nd half really. Not much quality but loads of battle and the ball was arely anywhere near our goal. Eventually it fell to Lameiras who had lots to do. And he did it perfectly.

2 or 3 cracking saves by their goalie along the way too. Could easily have been 5 or 6 for us.

A late flurry of crosses and corners kept it interesting to the bitter end.

The Oxford fans at one point sang "this is embarassing".

And for them it was.

For once we looked quite good for all of the 90 minutes.

Well played Argyle but why on Earth hasn't MotM Lameiras been playing every week?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 7:35 pm

So, Del says Lameiras scoring a cracker is all down to Del ?   Shocked
And then he goes on to say why Lameiras hasn't been picked in the past as being the player's own fault. If I were Lameiras, I would be gagging to get away at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 7:56 pm

tigertony wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Shame he's leaving

laugh

The double act are back cheers Hopefully we may even win another match before May so see you again then?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 8:10 pm

beesrus wrote:
And then he goes on to say why Lameiras hasn't been picked in the past as being the player's own fault. If I were Lameiras, I would be gagging to get away at the end of the season.

In some of the matches earlier this season he was totally ineffectual and deserved to lose his place-being talented [no question about that] no more gives him a right to be in the team than anyone else. Not as if he hasn't got history in that respect-he was an inconsistent performer in a Coventry team which was relegated from this division and i remember Mowbray,a not unsuccessful manager over the years,saying that the was one of the most frustrating players that he had ever worked with.He was fantastic today,committed and involved to an extent that i haven't seen from him before and long may that continue-if it does then he will play at a higher level than this and successfully.It may be worth pointing out that Lameiras has played more games and scored more goals under Adams than any other manager in his career hitherto,so maybe the relationship hasn't been as destructive to his progress as you seem to imply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 8:22 pm

lol! lol! Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but I couldn't take that seriously.
Maybe you should try a Sir Frank pie chart or two to back up your perceptions. Meanwhile, Del continues to manufacture consent for his methods. Woe betide anyone who doubts the logic of the director of footy. Warrants a statue after a home win.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 8:23 pm

Freathy wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Shame he's leaving

laugh

The double act are back cheers    Hopefully we may even win another match before May so see you again then?
Cue Zippy.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 8:32 pm

beesrus wrote:
lol! lol!  Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but I couldn't take that seriously.
Maybe you should try a Sir Frank pie chart or two to back up your perceptions. Meanwhile, Del continues to manufacture consent for his methods. Woe betide anyone who doubts the logic of the director of footy. Warrants a statue after a home win.

Nah,you shouldn't laugh-maybe a good look inside your own psyche and outlook could pay dividends.No logical answer to facts,just a load of woolly shit as per usual.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 8:43 pm

Always good to keep an eye on such things, but no need for personal reflection on here Skinny. Nothing but bulk standard bloke stuff to worry about, so everyone just tucks in. Apparently, it's called bants, but I might be wrong.. Disappointing, but ho hum.
Can't see ATD being able to escape the crap now, but it had a good run for a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 8:55 pm

beesrus wrote:
Always good to keep an eye on such things, but no need for personal reflection on here Skinny. Nothing but bulk standard bloke stuff to worry about, so everyone just tucks in. Apparently, it's called bants, but I might be wrong.. Disappointing, but ho hum.
Can't see ATD being able to escape the crap now, but it had a good run for a couple of years.

Exactly sir.

Happy new year to you also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 9:04 pm

Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:

In some of the matches earlier this season he was totally ineffectual and deserved to lose his place-being talented [no question about that] no more gives him a right to be in the team than anyone else. Not as if he hasn't got history in that respect-he was an inconsistent performer in a Coventry team which was relegated from this division and i remember Mowbray,a not unsuccessful manager over the years,saying that the was one of the most frustrating players that he had ever worked with.He was fantastic today,committed and involved to an extent that i haven't seen from him before and long may that continue-if it does then he will play at a higher level than this and successfully.It may be worth pointing out that Lameiras has played more games and scored more goals under Adams than any other manager in his career hitherto,so maybe the relationship hasn't been as destructive to his progress as you seem to imply.

Dont disagree with you about earning your spot and keeping in terms of lamerias but surely that should apply to Carey aswell and he has been total dross at times this season.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 7:56 am

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Dont disagree with you about earning your spot and keeping in terms of lamerias but surely that should apply to Carey aswell and he has been total dross at times this season.

All about opinion really-don't agree that Carey has been that bad. He seems to have lost a bit of belief with his shooting and hasn't scored as many goals as you would hope but would have thought that he would be by far Argyles most creative player in terms of assists and all that,although no pie chart is available to demonstrate that. A couple of matches ago you thought he was crap,i thought he was superb-c'est la vie. Different class to Reuben over the past couple of seasons IMHO,hopefully Roobs can keep producing the goods as he did yesterday and change my,and much more importantly,the managers opinion.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 11:21 am

It was a timely reminder of what RL’s capable of when he’s on it.

Adams is as stubborn as they come, but if it comes to light that he has forced Ruben out in this window then the backlash from the ‘yobs’ will be seismic.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 12:52 pm

Sign in for free 10mins of extended highlights

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 3:36 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It was a timely reminder of what RL’s capable of when he’s on it.

Adams is as stubborn as they come, but if it comes to light that he has forced Ruben out in this window then the backlash from the ‘yobs’ will be seismic.

He can afford to be stubborn hes got another four and a half years on his tariff .
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 3:38 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Sign in for free 10mins of extended highlights

Whens the dvd and the open top bus tour ? lol!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 5:51 am

If Roobs had been wearing a red shirt for his 2nd goal you'd have said it was Ryan Giggs
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 7:41 am

That feckin hospital pass at the end from Sawyer ffs.
he's ment to be the experienced one as well.
Del the defence is fecked sort it out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.   Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argo v Oxford battle of the shittest thread.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4