Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 9:04 am

PatDunne wrote:
Seems to me that setting aside the democratic result of the referendum might cause civil unrest...

lol what as in the 7 people that turned up at Millbay Docks couple Saturdays ago the average 50 people on Farages march or the 4 car owners ticketed for going slow on the motorways in protest

We'll leave one way or another but not with no deal. For every one economic forecast link that says it wont be too bad I'll show you 100 that says it will
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 10:47 am

PatDunne wrote:
Seems to me that setting aside the democratic result of the referendum might cause civil unrest...

If people want to break the law for no good reason that’s up to them.

Anyway no one has mentioned “setting aside” anything. Just compromises on how we can somehow deliver on a 3 year old mandate with minimum disruption.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 10:54 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

If people want to break the law for no good reason that’s up to them.

Anyway no one has mentioned “setting aside” anything. Just compromises on how we can somehow deliver on a 3 year old mandate with minimum disruption.

lol! Rubbish you are rejoicing because MPs are as usual ignoring the majority of voters. The power has shifted from the elected government to the backbench MPs who along with Bercrow now run our country. We will end up with a broken Tory party (yay) broken Labour party and the Welsh, Scottish and Irish gloating over us as they become a real power despite only having ten members each. If this is victory I'd hate to see what defeat looks like.
And THE most pertinent point is that the three year old mandate has been completely ignored, the question was "should we stay in or leave the EU?" didn't say feck all about deals.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 12:55 pm

Leavers these days say 'the negotiations have all gone wrong because of remoaners,' and 'we didn't even vote for a deal, just leave!'

Leavers back then said 'obviously we wouldn't immediately invoke A50, we'll figure out the best way to do it first,' and 'doing a deal will be easy. They need us more than we need them. We'll have a deal in place within months!'

Some of these leavers appear to be hastily revising their stories. Obviously none of our esteemed colleagues here, but some of the other ones...

I'm reminded of Bees' habit of changing the terms of the argument every time anyone called him on anything.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 2:59 pm

Look back at the original thread I've always been of the opinion leave means leave. It's the Tories starting with Cameron and now May that are talking about deals, I was always of the opinion the EU wouldn't allow us leave with a deal without in some way being tied to the EU, how right I was. These deals are nothing more than preventing us from leaving and are favoured by business not the public.
I say go to the polls again but no deal must be on the table and MPs must put into law whatever the public votes for. Whilst I am against it in principle it's the only way to put this to bed without turning parliament into a total dictatorship with all the power but unwilling or unable to act on it. Giving these clowns more and more power is bad for Britain as a whole whatever side of the fence you sit on.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 9:50 am

I fully expect the result of the Brexit extension bill to be ignored as the referendum was as it only passed by one vote, hardly a majority, also many of the MPs who voted for it are quite old and as far as I'm aware no MPs who haven't reached voting age were allowed to vote and it is their future after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 10:36 am

Irrelevant how many votes it was passed by, it succeeded and will pass into law early next week.

No deal is dead. Get over it.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 11:28 am

Does the EU have to abide with our No deal vote? if not, is that something else we need to 'get over'?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 11:28 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Irrelevant how many votes it was passed by, it succeeded and will pass into law early next week.

No deal is dead. Get over it.

Exactly. I've seen scores of FB threads stating betrayal this morning all bar none totally ignoring that fact the politicians hadnt voted to revoke article 50 !

We'll leave for sure but in an orderly manner doing the least damage to us as possible. Theresa Mays withdrawal deal (or adds ons) may well be worse than we already have but we voted to leave and thats seems to have escaped those particular fruits who are complaining its shit
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 12:10 pm

Sobering thoughts for some......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 1:24 pm

The DUP hinting at supporting a customs union now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 1:32 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Does the EU have to abide with our No deal vote? if not, is that something else we need to 'get over'?

Obviously. "They need us more than we need them". Remember?

Anyway Juncker has said the EU will not kick out a member state

Quote :
The principles that will guide my actions are clear. I will work until the last moment to avoid a “no-deal” outcome.

The only ones who would benefit from such disruption are the opponents of the global rules-based order. The only ones who would cheer are the populists and the nationalists. The only ones who would celebrate are those who want both the European Union and the United Kingdom to be weak.

The European Union will not kick any Member State out. I will personally do everything I can to prevent a disorderly Brexit and I expect political leaders across the EU27 and in the United Kingdom to do the same.

Expect a delay until March 2020

cheers

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 2:45 pm

More uncertainty causing more job losses and more big businesses pulling out because it's impossible to plan for the future. cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 2:46 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

Sobering thoughts for some......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Who needs Franny eh?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 6:53 pm

The DUP now saying they do not support a customs union.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 10:23 am

VillageGreen wrote:

Its pure comedy gold. I'm just watching Sky all out politics in the background with one person after another spouting different bollacks
Am hopefully that Corbyn will agree a compromise with the witch and we'll get it through the commons next Monday/Tuesday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 10:29 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Obviously. "They need us more than we need them". Remember?

Anyway Juncker has said the EU will not kick out a member state

Quote :
The principles that will guide my actions are clear. I will work until the last moment to avoid a “no-deal” outcome.

The only ones who would benefit from such disruption are the opponents of the global rules-based order. The only ones who would cheer are the populists and the nationalists. The only ones who would celebrate are those who want both the European Union and the United Kingdom to be weak.

The European Union will not kick any Member State out. I will personally do everything I can to prevent a disorderly Brexit and I expect political leaders across the EU27 and in the United Kingdom to do the same.

Expect a delay until March 2020

cheers

Yup we're in for another year. cheers

Not quite sure what Theresa May is doing asking for the 30th June, so we're in the bat shit realms of MEP's campagining for election and then not taking their seats. I suppose its a half arsed attempt to buy off her back benches. Irrelevant really, we'll take what they give us.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 10:33 am

The Cooper Bill...which won by one vote.....had the Jailbird from Peterborough voting for it...... red card .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 11:16 am

So....? Andrew Griffifths the sex text pest MP who was booted out of the Tory’s then reinstated when TM needed his confidence vote also voted against it. red card

It’s still irrelevant though, May would have crawled back to Brussels to get another extension beyond next week whatever way the vote went.

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 12:44 pm

She is the new Brent.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 6:14 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Its pure comedy gold. I'm just watching Sky all out politics in the background with one person after another spouting different bollacks
Am hopefully that Corbyn will agree a compromise with the witch and we'll get it through the commons next Monday/Tuesday

Labour not happy with the talks at all. No compromise from May.

Donald Tusk now suggesting that the EU may grant an extension until March 2020, he has been telling officials from the other EU countries to agree to a much longer extension up to 31 March 2020.

Gee, another year of this, what joy. We might as well not bloody bother and stay in ?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Of course this is May at her best the EU are prepared to give us a year to sort our shit out. May asks for 2 months.

The tactic here being that she could blame the eu for the lng extension and a Corbyn for not supporting the same shit deal that has been defeated 3 times now,

She really is atrocious. This sums it up

However there is always the fear Johnson might actually be worse

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2019 11:24 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
So....? Andrew Griffifths the sex text pest MP who was booted out of the Tory’s then reinstated when TM needed his confidence vote also voted against it. red card

It’s still irrelevant though, May would have crawled back to Brussels to get another extension beyond next week whatever way the vote went.

Surely she broke early release curfew, the tory awaits sentence?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 9:42 am

Found this article from a year ago which makes a mockery of the fact that the Leave campaign is still being accused of breaking the rules even though they asked for and got guidance from the "Electral commission for remaining in the EU."

The High Court has made a remarkable ruling in the long-running legal battle over Vote Leave’s spending in the EU referendum, finding that the Electoral Commission itself issued incorrect advice to Leave campaigners during the referendum.

Their mistake means that Vote Leave and other Leave campaigners have been embroiled in a hugely costly legal battle for two years – solely as a result of erroneous advice given to them by the Electoral Commission in the first place.

Vote Leave are clear that they would not have made donations in the way they did had they not secured explicit written advice from the Electoral Commission that it was legal to do so. Former Vote Leave Chief Executive Matthew Elliott described it as an “Alice in Wonderland” situation:

“We find ourselves in a complete Alice in Wonderland situation. Vote Leave asked for, and received, the Electoral Commission’s advice. We followed that advice. During the judicial review, the Electoral Commission tried to avoid admitting that it had given that advice to us, but we were able to establish that they had – and the judges clearly ruled in the Preliminary Hearing that we had received that advice. Yet we are now told that, by having followed that advice, we broke the law.”
Elliott added that the situation was a “mess of the Electoral Commission’s own making” and that the ruling had thrown electoral law “into total chaos”:

“The Electoral Commission’s defeat in the High Court today has thrown electoral law for future elections and referendums into total chaos. Either the Electoral Commission is wrong or the High Court is wrong.

“Should the Electoral Commission choose not to appeal this judgment, they will be admitting that they gave Vote Leave incorrect advice and they should immediately reconsider the unfair fines they are seeking to impose on us because Vote Leave would not have made the donations that it did had it not been for the Commission’s clear advice.

“This whole situation is a mess of the Electoral Commission’s own making, and their defeat in the High Court today must force a rethink. They now have a chance to rectify their errors. They should do the right thing.”
The law on campaigners working together is notoriously unclear, which is why Vote Leave sought to clarify it with the Electoral Commission in the first place. How can the Electoral Commission go ahead with fining Vote Leave entirely on the basis of an error they made themselves?

The High Court’s judgement describes the Electoral Commission as “unconstructive”, “arbitrary” and lacking “any rational basis” for its actions. They have ruled that the Electoral Commission itself does not understand electoral law. How can the Electoral Commission possibly be fit for purpose if it does not even understand electoral law itself?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 1:36 pm

I wonder how many people will punish the main parties in the up coming elections in May due to the Brexit fiasco? .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next