The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Poppy Police

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The Poppy Police Empty
PostSubject: The Poppy Police   The Poppy Police EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 11:39 am

Anyone else getting annoyed at the "poppy police" who go around mainly on social media telling people to wear a poppy and shaming celebs and normal flk who dont/wont?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

The Poppy Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poppy Police   The Poppy Police EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 12:04 pm

I never wear a Poppy but always make a donation. What irks me more is that the seller was trying to press some paper poppies on me but they have a nasty plastic middle which will probably end up in the ocean, not good.
I'm actually turned off completely by the competitive nature of some of the seas of Poppies appearing anywhere and everywhere. The Tower one in London was great, thought provoking and a great visual impact. It's been done now so all the WI groups in the country should turn their needles to knitting shawls and blankets for old and homeless people not crocheting a whole church into a giant nosebleed. Massive waste of time and resources.
Back to top Go down

The Poppy Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poppy Police   The Poppy Police EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Likewise. I wear one if I'm out and about and I come across a seller to buy one, but always donate and always stop and remember and observe the 2 minute silence in respect of the huge sacrifices made during the great war - especially for 3 members of the family who paid the ultimate sacrifice.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

The Poppy Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poppy Police   The Poppy Police EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 12:26 pm

I normally forget the 2 minute silence because I'm busy.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

The Poppy Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poppy Police   The Poppy Police EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Two minutes? No wonder the countries in such a feckin state.
Back to top Go down

The Poppy Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poppy Police   The Poppy Police EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 2:39 pm

This aggresive remembrance thing is pretty new isn't it. I'm sure it wasn't such a big deal before 2010 and Cameron decided to do Austerity In The National Interest and all that Keep Calm and Carry shit started coming out.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

The Poppy Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poppy Police   The Poppy Police EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 11:03 am

The display op the Oe was excellent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Poppy Police Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poppy Police   The Poppy Police Empty

Back to top Go down

The Poppy Police
Page 1 of 1