Freathy
Earwegoagain
Sir Francis Drake
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 11:15 am

Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The meeting was to discuss the height of the Brent Statue, i believe a compromise 100 metres was agreed in the end.

LOL

but for future reference if anything commemorating brent or plebb ever gets put up bythe club i will tear it down.
you would have to join the Q first angers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 5:42 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The meeting was to discuss the height of the Brent Statue, i believe a compromise 100 metres was agreed in the end.

It can't be any where near that height because it will block some people's sea view.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 6:22 pm

He wasn’t seen today
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 7:59 pm

Graiser wrote:
He wasn’t seen today

who was not seen
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 7:23 am

If your referring about that tosser Brent not surprised he will be seen less and less come near to November
I fully expect to him to offer the the board the remaining 30% and slither away like the snake he really is if his normal MO is anythink to go by concerning his other business failures
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 8:05 am

RegGreen wrote:
If your referring about that tosser Brent not surprised he will be seen less and less come near to November
I fully expect to him to offer the the board the remaining 30% and slither away like the snake he really is if his normal MO is anythink to go by concerning his other business failures

I will be staggered if he hasnt slithered away in full by 30th November. Suspect a deal has already been done behind the scenes and we'll see a further announcement shortly after he steps down officially

Then we can really open the Champers and toast the demise of the most awful spiteful devious individual ever to hit the hot seat at Argyle
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 8:19 am

You mean brent wasn't at HP yesterday? But weren't we told old wobbly lip bled green and that he "gets it"?

BRENT 100% OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 8:26 am

Freathy wrote:
You mean brent wasn't at HP yesterday?  But weren't we told old wobbly lip bled green and that he "gets it"?

BRENT 100% OUT NOW

Expect next month the announcement in addition that he's standing down to concentrate on his catastrophic business failures.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 11:29 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Expect next month the announcement in addition that he's standing down to concentrate on his catastrophic business failures.

Catastrophic for creditors & employees maybe Harve. Don’t suppose for a moment the asset stripping parasite loses out.

Grips my shit when these people are described as “businessmen” when there MO is always one of destruction and misery for honest hard working people at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Catastrophic for creditors & employees maybe Harve. Don’t suppose for a moment the asset stripping parasite loses out.

Grips my shit when these people are described as “businessmen” when there MO is always one of destruction and misery for honest hard working people at the bottom.

Theres a very clear timeline with Brent whereby he was quite successful as an employee (despite massive losses overall at Citibank) but when he switched effectively to self employment where he obviously makes his own decisions the geezer has been utterly calamitous
Theres many out there like that who make the switch with disatrous consequences. His saving grace at Argyle is he simply has to do nothing and punters throw money at him via gate entrance money and season tickets
Switch again to his pie in the sky crapshacks and once again when he's on his own it ends in disastrous fashion
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 4:37 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Theres a very clear timeline with Brent whereby he was quite successful as an employee (despite massive losses overall at Citibank) but when he switched effectively to self employment where he obviously makes his own decisions the geezer has been utterly calamitous
Theres many out there like that who make the switch with disatrous consequences. His saving grace at Argyle is he simply has to do nothing and punters throw money at him via gate entrance money and season tickets
Switch again to his pie in the sky crapshacks and once again when he's on his own it ends in disastrous fashion

I think the point LM was making is he doesn't hurt himself financially. He has clearly done well out of Argyle and the mug punters who continually supported him. I suspect he earned a fair few quid via 'consultancy fees' during his time as a failed developer. He has done well out of the Pavillions, pocketing £2m for 'running costs' and another £2m? via the sale of the car park. He pocketed the EU farming money. Picks up hotels for a pittance and quickly offloads the unprofitable ones. As LM stated, it's not himself who loses financially, it's the tax payers, Argyle fans and employees who are the big losers.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Is Mr Brent moving all his business addresses from Home Park?

Last edited by Tgwu on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Graiser wrote:
He wasn’t seen today

Looks like he was there as GOS got him on camera
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 7:09 pm

Does anyone know when Brent 'loaned' the club circa £2m or how we ended up owing him £2m, I don't ever recall it being 'news'?  Just something that appeared in the accounts one day, was it when Brent sold the ground to the Council?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 7:59 pm

Probably to do with underwriting/funding the payment of ongoing two years of unavoidable existing expensive player contracts after the admin process, and the resultant end of year losses. The Lombard mortgage settlement thing is something else still shrouded in mystery, and raised it's head when excuses were made regarding Brent's HHP uplift. Heaven knows how it has all been accounted for.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 8:19 pm

Surely the FL wouldn't have broken rules and allowed the owner to loan/fund/loan a £2m shortage? The whole point of the financial fair play system is to prevent owners from loaning money for player advantage, which we would've had assuming Walton, Fletch and all the other crocks would've been had they been any good. £1.6m for the stadium and £400k from the Wrathall prepack adds up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 8:41 pm

There are clearly separate rules to cover clubs with existing large player commitments when they tumble down the leagues. lose big tv money,  and hence turnover drops off a cliff. I seem to remember there were a couple of EFL firsts with the Argyle admin. Don't forget there was £5m back pay to be paid as well as the ongoing player wage overhang, put at roughly £2m unavoidable loss at the time. I always assumed brent loaned that money, as he certainly didn't actually gift it or insert equity. No other explanation.
Why nobody ever explains is quite beyond me as they would gain some brownie points, but they just can't be arsed for several reasons.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 9:26 pm

The 5 year pay back and ongoing expensive contracts were all known at the time of regaining the golden share (or whatever it's called) and had to be approved by the FL who supposedly have strict rules on owners lending money for player advantage. When was the need for an additional £2m unless the FL broke their own rules? More importantly, where did the £2m come from? I remember the question being asked about the withheld season ticket money but it never got answered. It seems to me this £2m debt was created as opposed to being an actual input.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:05 pm

It's also worth remembering we had a well known to us (financial loan company) FES go bust. Other peoples money somehow transferred to debt? I don't have a clue how this murky world of finance works TBH but I'm certain Brent never put in £2m of his own money.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:10 pm

More like he acted as guarantor for the money. He had a bit more credibility 7 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Guarantor to who?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:15 pm

The FL to gaurantee the debts are paid. Just a theory.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:17 pm

Didn't the FA have a golden share?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:25 pm

Still doesn't explain how £2m was suddenly owed to JB. If he had literally put the money in he would've been shouting from the rooftops. For the FL to agree the golden share they would've needed enough evidence to know no more loans were needed. If the FL have broke their own rules then maybe this needs investigating.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 11:20 pm

This is just a complete mess. I want him gone and gone soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Board Meeting Yesterday   Board Meeting Yesterday - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Board Meeting Yesterday
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next