akagreengull
Freathy
harvetheslayer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Charlton Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 5:13 pm

8 Points in the last 15 league games
Adams you're on dangerous ground no matter what
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 5:13 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Poor Mr Brent, the only legacy he has is the cash he made by saving us.
Pat, have you chipped in to the Brent Statue fund?

he deserves nothing but a big boot up his arse out the door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 5:25 pm

It's getting really dodgy now - strange thing is it doesn't hurt like it used to, getting older has its advantages I spose!!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 5:48 pm

It's not going to ruin my evening, sadly all very predictable when Derek assembled his Brent austerity squad.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Wylde Left Back ?

WTF is Adams thinking,Yeah we played better but we still lost,
Adams tactics leave alot to be desired ,He better have a damn good excuse cause this can't go on much longer,

Including last season No win in 12 games, taking away that win in a poxy cup,

We can blame Brent all we want but why the feck was Wylde at left back when Adams claimed to have better depth to the squad,
If the RB options are shite who the feck scouted them ffs.You signed them so you only have yourself to blame , not the shit budget, shit as it maybe you decided to sign them.

its got to be asked what the hell goes on with our training prep when we have a squad of 24 plus 9 first/second year pros who dont get a look in so its a total of 33 yet we struggle to fill positions despite plenty of depth as shown and 2/3 players for every position if we use del's one and only tactic.

exactly, if the first team aren't the best why the feck put a left back at right back and at one point a winger as a full back,

There must be a wee gem in the kids worth giving a shot, but I doubt it because who do they have to play against Darren the decorator and Gary the mechanic in some poxy bullshit league we shouldn't be in , in first place,

Harve is right Adams is on Dangerous ground,
if we haven't won by this time next month we have to consider his future,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 6:24 pm

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Wylde Left Back ?

Adams tactics leave alot to be desired ,He better have a damn good excuse cause this can't go on much longer,

We can blame Brent all we want but why the feck was Wylde at left back when Adams claimed to have better depth to the squad,
If the RB options are shite who the feck scouted them ffs.You signed them so you only have yourself to blame , not the shit budget, shit as it maybe you decided to sign them.

its got to be asked what the hell goes on with our training prep when we have a squad of 24 plus 9 first/second year pros who dont get a look in so its a total of 33 yet we struggle to fill positions despite plenty of depth as shown and 2/3 players for every position if we use del's one and only tactic.

exactly, if the first team aren't the best why the feck put a left back at right back and at one point a winger as a full back,

There must be a wee gem in the kids worth giving a shot, but  I doubt it because who do they have to play against Darren the decorator and Gary the mechanic in some poxy bullshit league we shouldn't be in , in first place,

i wouldnt give him that long myself we are in the results business not sentimental we are going to be rooted at the bottom if we wait till end of october for him to turn it around. He needs to do it now and being stubborn with his tactics and style of play isnt going to help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 6:46 pm

I think it very fitting that the football is bombing just as brent is packing his bags.
7 years in, he's got his bunce, maybe not quite as much as he had hoped, the football has been starved of big bucks in favour of shareholder value for himself and Hallett, ad so it is only poetic that the football should take a dive to take the club back to where he came in.
The thing I find most extraordinary is him giving Adams a 5 year deal at this juncture. An abdication of responsibility possibly knowing what was coming with his finances ?  I think we can see with his failure here at just about every level, why he has failed in so many other projects. Maybe he doesn't see it as a failure when businesses of his go into admin, if he has gotten a decent return in the process. I still remember the ludicrous, and I paraphrase, "I've come out of the Akkeron hotel thing with 4 hotels all paid for as a profit". That one statement gives an insight into the mentality of the man who is about to take an overdue bath. I'm thinking Del should join him, given his mirror admiration of austerity. Calvinism isn't going to take league one by storm this season. The club needs a manager who is going to push the owners to fund the football properly, at least commensurate with the attendances, as Hallett has promised more of the same. Very poor Del.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Wylde Left Back ?

There must be a wee gem in the kids worth giving a shot, but  I doubt it because who do they have to play against Darren the decorator and Gary the mechanic in some poxy bullshit league we shouldn't be in , in first place,

i wouldnt give him that long myself we are in the results business not sentimental we are going to be rooted at the bottom if we wait till end of october for him to turn it around. He needs to do it now and being stubborn with his tactics and style of play isnt going to help.

Problem is Brent won't want to do it cause he will have to pay for it and We know feck all on what Hallett Is like let alone as an owner of a club,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:08 pm

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Wylde Left Back ?

Problem is Brent won't want to do it cause he will have to pay for it and We know feck all on what Hallett Is like let alone as an owner of a club,

Also I'm not sure Wotton could turn this around we know he is the next in line for the throne,

Not exactly anyone else out there , That I think yeah I'd like him as manager,

feck what those cnuts up the road have done with an ex player, why should we follow in their wheel tracks,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:40 pm

Jethro wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Wylde Left Back ?

Also I'm not sure Wotton could turn this around we know he is the next in line for the throne,

feck what those cnuts up the road have done with an ex player, why should we follow in their wheel tracks,

The club wont fire him no matter what i feel. Stupidly gave him a 3 year extension to his current deal which had 2 years to run and a new job role which comes with a payrise (yet at the sametime the club wouldnt offer a payrise and a 3 year deals to Bradley and Threlkeld whom both warranted it and in hindsight del should have pushed to get them those deals) Hallet wont want to pay him off as it will be a big expense unless there are loopholes to lessen the payoff.

Wotton wont be the next manager i feel once del goes he will too as any new guy isnt going to be told who to have on his coaching staff if he doesnt want wotton or indeed nance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 8:06 pm

beesrus wrote:
I think it very fitting that the football is bombing just as brent is packing his bags.
7 years in, he's got his bunce, maybe not quite as much as he had hoped, the football has been starved of big bucks in favour of shareholder value for himself and Hallett, ad so it is only poetic that the football should take a dive to take the club back to where he came in.
The thing I find most extraordinary is him giving Adams a 5 year deal at this juncture. An abdication of responsibility possibly knowing what was coming with his finances ?  I think we can see with his failure here at just about every level, why he has failed in so many other projects. Maybe he doesn't see it as a failure when businesses of his go into admin, if he has gotten a decent return in the process. I still remember the ludicrous, and I paraphrase, "I've come out of the Akkeron hotel thing with 4 hotels all paid for as a profit". That one statement gives an insight into the mentality of the man who is about to take an overdue bath. I'm thinking Del should join him, given his mirror admiration of austerity. Calvinism isn't going to take league one by storm this season. The club needs a manager who is going to push the owners to fund the football properly, at least commensurate with the attendances, as Hallett has promised more of the same. Very poor Del.

Presumably then you think that Benitez should resign at Newcastle because he is unable to get Ashley to fund the club properly? Ditto Mourinho in relation to his behind the scenes but obvious battle with Woodward? Think you may be underestimating just how difficult prising cash may be but anyway Adams has strongly hinted [and more in recent times] that the club is by no means competitive with even the middle echelons of the division-he was at it again today in the press by stating that quite a few attempts had been made to sign Lyle Taylor [ex Wimbledon,now Charlton] which ended in failure. Not sure that any Argyle manager in the past has been able to push the owners to higher expenditure [possibly Sturrock mk 2/Mariner but that was too late and inevitably didn't end well] and there certainly hasn't been a tendency to slam Boards of directors in public,aside from Pulis briefly who didn't stay around to see the results and Waiters who was sacked approximately 6 weeks after making his feelings clear-maybe there's a salutary managerial moral there somewhere.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 8:17 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Wylde Left Back ?

The club wont fire him no matter what i feel. Stupidly gave him a 3 year extension to his current deal which had 2 years to run and a new job role which comes with a payrise (yet at the sametime the club wouldnt offer a payrise and a 3 year deals to Bradley and Threlkeld whom both warranted it and in hindsight del should have pushed to get them those deals) Hallet wont want to pay him off as it will be a big expense unless there are loopholes to lessen the payoff.

Wotton wont be the next manager i feel once del goes he will too as any new guy isnt going to be told who to have on his coaching staff if he doesnt want wotton or indeed nance.

Thats the problem they won't fire him so we are fecked,
Cause I'm not sure he should continue as manager, but we got feck all other options,
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 9:23 pm

If anyone thinks Wotton will be better with this dogshit squad then fire the bullet and get rid of Adams now. You'll still be crying when either Wotton or a.n.other takes us down anyway. Three things are wrong with this club, Brent, Brent and Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Presumably then you think that Benitez should resign at Newcastle because he is unable to get Ashley to fund the club properly? Ditto Mourinho in relation to his behind the scenes but obvious battle with Woodward? Think you may be underestimating just how difficult prising cash may be but anyway Adams has strongly hinted [and more in recent times] that the club is by no means competitive with even the middle echelons of the division-he was at it again today in the press by stating that quite a few attempts had been made to sign Lyle Taylor [ex Wimbledon,now Charlton] which ended in failure. Not sure that any Argyle manager in the past has been able to push the owners to higher expenditure [possibly Sturrock mk 2/Mariner but that was too late and inevitably didn't end well] and there certainly hasn't been a tendency to slam Boards of directors in public,aside from Pulis briefly who didn't stay around to see the results and Waiters who was sacked approximately 6 weeks after making his feelings clear-maybe there's a salutary managerial moral there somewhere.

You keep bringing premier managers into the discussion.... pointless.
Basically, your views on Adams are different to mine in any tangible way. We always disagree, that's how it is. I think some ATDers are overestimating his prowess, The overestimate for some has probably something to do with him having been a handy talisman for the forum in the wor against brent and pasoti, in the same way he is useful for newell and co to keep the flack off brent. Tribal loyalties rather than objective judgements. The "over achievement" is probably due more to Carey than it is to Adams.
Even with  reduced budgets, the success was in div 4, no more. Even Exeter on their measly budgets can get promoted from there. Adams has yet to prove himself at this level, and disaster was only averted last year by a one-off purple patch that came from nowhere and disappeared just as quick. More luck than judgement from a managerial perspective .. it does happen. Time is running out as the formula has now been deployed and is plainly not working in the same manner. I can't see where else any success will come from outside of Carey/Lameiras/Taylor.

Last edited by beesrus on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Webb and the PASHITTY cretins love him though. deadhorse
Brent that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Not when push comes to shove and it's either brent or adams. Adams is as dispensable as the cash turnstile operator when brent is under pressure. All are fair game for sacrifice then, like some sort of cult.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 10:27 pm

beesrus wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

You keep bringing premier managers into the discussion.... pointless.
Basically, your views on Adams are different to mine in any tangible way. We always disagree, that's how it is. I think some ATDers are overestimating his prowess, The overestimate for some has probably something to do with him having been a handy talisman for the forum in the wor against brent and pasoti, in the same way he is useful for newell and co to keep the flack off brent. Tribal loyalties rather than objective judgements. The "over achievement" is probably due more to Carey than it is to Adams.
Even with  reduced budgets, the success was in div 4, no more. Even Exeter on their measly budgets can get promoted from there.  Adams has yet to prove himself at this level, and disaster was only averted last year by a one-off purple patch that came from nowhere and disappeared just as quick. More luck than judgement from a managerial perspective .. it does happen. Time is running out as the formula has now been deployed and is plainly not working in the same manner. I can't see where else any success will come from outside of Carey/Lameiras/Taylor.

Certainly pointless trying to argue with someone who is so either so thick that he can't see through an analogy or being deliberately obtuse in deflecting the point in question to irrelevant comments about divisional differences. Rather an odd comment to make about Carey/Lameiras/Taylor,seeing as Adams brought them to the club in the first place but he must have been just lucky there as well i suppose.Never mind,at least you managed to get through one post without mentioning the squire or Calvinism,whatever the feck Calvinism actually entails.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 11:04 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
If anyone thinks Wotton will be better with this dogshit squad then fire the bullet and get rid of Adams now. You'll still be crying when either Wotton or a.n.other takes us down anyway. Three things are wrong with this club, Brent, Brent and Brent.

Exactly Wotton isn't a decent option but who else is there who would want a 3 sided ground dogshit squad like we have and please no one say Sturrock mk3 or some bullshit like that,
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 11:12 pm

Only a matter of time before a pervasive culture of underinvestment, management fools and misfits with fanbase blind belief comes together to result in a team with a duff squad and heading for relegation.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 12:53 am

Charlton is always an away day worth making the effort for a London weekender. There are some signs that we may pull thru, especially first 20 mins of 2nd half when we were properly pressing them.

Footnote....spare a thought for those Argyle fans ( and there were quite a few) booked on the cancelled Flybe flight back to Newquay tonight.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 4:39 am

no thought spared
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 6:03 am

Shout out for the Lugster mark 3 or Holloway Laughing
Quite comical reading elsewhere people saying "who is there" lol. Football leagues have been running 150 years plus with managerial changes weekly as always

Applications would flood in as always.

Tin hat on but Adams should go now. Awful football in the main and thats never going to change whatever. Whatever Adams is due and they never get the full whack (stood down by mutual consent) Hallett could pay it out of petty cash if he choose to
You guys aware his "bonus" alone last year was $30 million. Exactly

People saying we'll never get a super rich backer at the club well we're sat on one from November 1st
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 6:29 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

People saying we'll never get a super rich backer at the club well we're sat on one from November 1st

Wow... Hard to believe Argyle would get so lucky? Could you please point to the 'evidence' to back your claim up?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 7:46 am

Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Wow...   Hard to believe Argyle would get so lucky?  Could you please point to the 'evidence' to back your claim up?

lol am not getting involved in shit fest but after it was mentioned last week elsewhere did slightly more than a basic search and all the information is in the public domain
In short the guys minted and than some

Am confident as I said previously of seeing massive changes at home park after brent has been totally kicked out. Simon Hallett has not become chairman to provide safe haven for a few millions only
Lets give him the 12 months as suggested before
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 8:57 am

Injuries are racking up, not looking good at all and Taylor due a ankle scan for his recurring injury, 5 goals in 9 games Freddie alone up front despite his efforts aint working.

Lack of quality already starting to show as predicted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Argyle   Charlton Argyle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Charlton Argyle
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next