Les Miserable
Mook
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mook

Mook

So when the new chairman comes in then Empty
PostSubject: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 10:36 am

Forgive me if this has been discussed on here (I don't get a lot of time to browse) but what exactly can he do to get us out of this complete mountain of shit we find ourselves in? I Don't blame Adams for this, looks like he had to sign the dredge at the bottom of the barrel just to bring players in.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 10:52 am

Adams may well have had little choice in the sea of waifs and strays he was able to cast his net over but there are gems among the flotsam as we've seen in the past, he also seems relatively happy to be working under such restrictions so should not be exempt from some criticism imo. Refusing to bung Sonny an extra grand a week(allegedly) to keep him seems short sighted in the extreme when you consider the utter dross he appears to have been replaced by.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 11:05 am

Always the Argyle way though innit?

"Youm be bleddy lucky to ged anothur grand frem they bleddy lot up there bey" etc.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 11:21 am

Short sightedness coupled with a compliant eternally grateful fan based does not equal footballing success.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 11:22 am

Not keeping Bradley and Threlkeld was a unforgivable travesty however what's done is done.

Its obvious to everyone apart from the farmyard animals on PASOTI that Adams hands are tied by the peanuts that are on offer to him.

I would like to see Adams be given a chance to work under the new regime for a couple of months. Give him until Christmas to try and at least get some points on the board.

Off the pitch I would like the club to issue lifetime bans to Nool and the gang, the President revoked and the disassosiation of the club with everybody and everything to do with PASOTI.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 11:37 am

Adams must stay and be properly supported by Hallet, because how is relegation back to the basement cheaper than signing decent players on decent contracts ? Brent has been a bad joke over the last seven years of Bullshit and Basement football, Hallets task is massive but Adams must be giving a fair chance to turn this shitfest around, because what i watched yeaterday was an average third divison side playing a below average fourth divison outfit, it really was that bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 1:09 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Not keeping Bradley and Threlkeld was a unforgivable travesty however what's done is done.

Its obvious to everyone apart from the farmyard animals on PASOTI that Adams hands are tied by the peanuts that are on offer to him.

I would like to see Adams be given a chance to work under the new regime for a couple of months. Give him until Christmas to try and at least get some points on the board.

Off the pitch I would like the club to issue lifetime bans to Nool and the gang, the President revoked and the disassosiation of the club with everybody and everything to do with PASOTI.
:pighug:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 1:17 pm

January will be Simon's biggest test as he is going to have to invest in the transfer budget whether he keeps del on or not.

i cant see him sacking del even if we are still playing shit by the time he takes over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

I agree with pretty much all of that, and despite my dislike of Adams' style, and against my better judgement, he deserves a bit of time . But he has still been a supporter and Vichy collaborator of Brent's and that ain't good.
As to what will actually happen, I believe Hallett and Felwick will stick with Adams come what may this season, even relegation. That will cause more problems and bad feeling. Brent's legacy will not go away easily. The only way out of a sticky wicket is for Adams to manage some form of recovery. He should start by sticking with Taylor and Lameiras, but there might be more fundamental problems underneath. Those centre backs look atrocious.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 3:44 pm

I think we're down regardless what the new regime does or doesn't do.  The brent budget resulting in summer departures of L1 standard players and the appalling non-league standard replacement signings has already inflicted fatal damage this season. We'll be far too adrift by January for any decent additions to have an impact. And that of course assumes Hallett has any interest in the playing side but as he's hinted austerity will continue then I think 2018/19 will end with record low points followed by a long spell in L2.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 3:51 pm

At some point crap budget or not Adams needs to be looked at, is there someone else who can get something out of this shower of shite and make decent use of whatever budget Hallett hands out,

If Adams has brought in shit with no money , I dread to think what damage he could do with money,
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 4:24 pm

[quote="beesrus"]
Punchdrunk wrote:

I agree with pretty much all of that, and despite my dislike of Adams' style, and against my better judgement, he deserves a bit of time . But he has still been a supporter and Vichy collaborator of Brent's and that ain't good.
As to what will actually happen, I believe Hallett and Felwick will stick with Adams come what may this season, even relegation. That will cause more problems and bad feeling. Brent's legacy will not go away easily. The only way out of a sticky wicket is for Adams to manage some form of recovery. He should start by sticking with Taylor and Lameiras, but there might be more fundamental problems underneath. Those centre backs look atrocious.[/quote

Presumably Sheridan and Fletcher were "Vichy collaborators" as well,along with Wotton,Hodges and all of those people who work for the companies and institutions that Brent owns/is involved in? You could also widen the issue and say that Holloway was of a similar ilk in taking the job at Blackpool in full knowledge of the Oyston's record or Van Gaal, Moyes,Mourinho in relation to the Glazers etc etc,the list is endless. Managers couldn't give a monkeys about the integrity of their owners as long as the issues of their own ambitions and security are satisfied-do you seriously believe that if Brent was still in charge and Adams was sacked tomorrow that there wouldn't be queue of managers willing to take the job no matter what principles were involved? Some may turn it down as a poisoned financial chalice certainly but not through any ethical reason-Petains all over the place by your criteria.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Jethro wrote:
At some point crap budget or not Adams needs to be looked at, is there someone else who can get something out of this shower of shite and make decent use of whatever budget Hallett hands out,

If Adams has brought in shit with no money , I dread to think what damage he could do with money,

scratch
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Jethro wrote:

scratch

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 5:54 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Presumably Sheridan and Fletcher were "Vichy collaborators" as well

Not Sheridan. In case it's slipped your memory, Sheridan walked out on Brent, preferring to be  unemployed than do another season down here. As for Jonah Fletcher, he looked out for himself and any  advancement he could find, regardless of whether he was qualified for the job. He  collaborated with Ridsdale, taking the plum job in return for taking the sting out of the players' revolt. In fact in one sense, not too dissimilar to the 5 year Adams deal. The sort of self interest that is bound to cause murmurings of discontent in the dressing room. Footballers are people just like you and I. I'd be raising my eyebrows, you might not...... a split dressing room, factions.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 6:33 pm

beesrus wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Presumably Sheridan and Fletcher were "Vichy collaborators" as well

Not Sheridan. In case it's slipped your memory, Sheridan walked out on Brent, preferring to be  unemployed than do another season down here. As for Jonah Fletcher, he looked out for himself and any  advancement he could find, regardless of whether he was qualified for the job. He  collaborated with Ridsdale, taking the plum job in return for taking the sting out of the players' revolt. In fact in one sense, not too dissimilar to the 5 year Adams deal. The sort of self interest that is bound to cause murmurings of discontent in the dressing room. Footballers are people just like you and I. I'd be raising my eyebrows, you might not...... a split dressing room, factions.

Of course it hadn't slipped my mind. Neither had it slipped my mind that Sheridan was prepared to put up with being a VC for two and half years before his conscience apparently caused his resignation.An alternative view may be that he knew,as did everyone else who followed matters from close quarters,that the play off against Wycombe was his last hurrah and his time was up. He would also have known that, given his reasonable record at clubs in the lower tier,he was very unlikely to have been unemployed for long and at a club much more suited to his circumstances,which indeed has proven to be the case to this day.

And no,i don't blame managers for seeking out the best possible deal for themselves given the insecure nature of their profession and the near lunatic nature of some people who run football clubs.Klopp signing a 6 year contract at Liverpool doesn't seem to have harmed Liverpool's fortunes this year,maybe their players are far sighted enough to be able to overcome any self defeating jealousies.For sure awarding long contracts to managers can backfire but that is equally the case with some players-Sunderland have a couple of high earners on their books who couldn't even be bothered to return to the club this summer,so it would seem to be not just managers who act out of self interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 7:09 pm

Gettagrip.  Klopp and Adams are as Venus and Mars.   Laughing
Clearly our views haven't grown  any closer since Klopp and Adams' stars met a couple of years back.
As you brought it up, what would you say makes Klopp light years ahead of Adams, which he plainly is ?
Have you seen the different body language, the tactile nature of Klopp compared to dour Del ? Have you seen the comparative contracts Klopp's players get, probably at the behest of Klopp ? He's in there with them. No disparity there
Some people are just plodders in whatever field they find themselves in. Brent's also a plodder, and worse. He and Adams make a fine pair, just as brent and Fletcher
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 7:38 pm

beesrus wrote:
Gettagrip.  Klopp and Adams are as Venus and Mars.   Laughing
Clearly our views haven't grown  any closer since Klopp and Adams' stars met a couple of years back.
As you brought it up, what would you say makes Klopp light years ahead of Adams, which he plainly is ?
Have you seen the different body language, the tactile nature of Klopp compared to dour Del ? Have you seen the comparative contracts Klopp's players get, probably at the behest of Klopp ? He's in there with them. No disparity there
Some people are just plodders in whatever field they find themselves in. Brent's also a plodder, and worse. He and Adams make a fine pair, just as brent and Fletcher

Nice diversion from a point of principle about managerial long term contracts and their effects in general to a ludicrous comparison of management styles,which had eight tenths of bugger all to do with the issue in hand. OK ,lets divert it back to a much lower level and talk Tisdale.That rolling contract of his didn't seem to affect the Exeter players all that much when they won promotions under his guidance.Must have all been on rolling contracts i guess.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 10:54 pm

The club is in a state of flux. We have a new owner, we will soon gave a new Chairman, we have a new CEO. Adams is still working to the constraints imposed by Brent. There is no transfer window until January so we're stuck with the players we have until at least then.

I'm not exactly happy or impressed with what I have seen so far though. Defensively we are a shambles but the entire defensive unit and goalkeeper are still new to each other and we are yet to see any sort of settled line-up.

You'd have to be an idiot not to see that we have serious problems but I'm fully behind Adams. He has done wonders, really, for each of the last 3 years.

He'll pull through this sticky patch and despite the awful results we are not losing touch with the other duffers in the division.

A win will change everything for us.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 11:09 pm

Lets have it right these long term manager contracts works both ways cos if you have got a decent manager you know other clubs will come calling and it’s insurance the negotiations and compo will start at start at what Evers left on said contract so it does work both ways as I said
Dont blame Adams taking a 5yr deal cos Brent was setting up Adams as a scapegoat cos if Adams done brilliantly he would have cashed in on him and if he failed would have been the scapegoat and Brent would have still been in charge rinsing the club but it backfired on Brent completely
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 11:10 pm

As wins will change things for the other duffers. Unforch duffers we are. Our defence is shite because it's made up of shite players. End of. Until Jan when not much will change.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 11:27 pm

I personally dont think anythink will change basically the same faces just a different name on the rent book that’s all
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 8:15 am

He'll pull through this sticky patch and despite the awful results we are not losing touch with the other duffers in the division.

A win will change everything for us.

You don't know that SFD.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 8:21 am

akagreengull wrote:

If Adams can pull the rabbit out of the hat again and keep us in contact with the bottom 6 than all eyes will be on Pa Hallett on January 1st no matter what he's claiming currently of maintaining the SQ
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 8:30 am

akagreengull wrote:
Short sightedness coupled with a compliant eternally grateful  fan based does not equal footballing success.

Indeed..........and his cheerleaders with AAA passes and/or a penchant for 'being someone', have provided all the eternally grateful covering fire he needed to profit from the club.

I have a feeling that SH might not be cut from exactly the same cloth as brent. Here's hoping.

Last edited by Tringreen on Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then Empty

Back to top Go down

So when the new chairman comes in then
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next