harvetheslayer
Bob Crow
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Target Travel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
Target Travel - Page 2 20180911

hold the front page 65p for the herald ? you can get a packet of proper bog roll for an extra 35p.....
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 5:46 pm

Jethro wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:
Target Travel - Page 2 20180911

hold the front page 65p for the herald ? you can get a packet of proper bog roll for an extra 35p.....

But but but Ian said it was fake news....... jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Just a rival stirring the whotsit. It's a shame really and no crowing from me towards Target and their troubles it's just so amusing to see Nool and his dumb loyalty to anyone that gives him a few quid. Shit happens in business why oh why didn't Nool just say that he was sorry to see them in trouble and hope that it's all resolved soon like any normal person would have done? He getting more like Comical Alli from the Hussein regime by the day.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 6:14 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Just a rival stirring the whotsit. It's a shame really and no crowing from me towards Target and their troubles it's just so amusing to see Nool and his dumb loyalty to anyone that gives him a few quid. Shit happens in business why oh why didn't Nool just say that he was sorry to see them in trouble and hope that it's all resolved soon like any normal person would have done? He getting more like Comical Alli from the Hussein regime by the day.

Was exactly the same when Nikk's world was going up in smoke and despite several articles in the government published London Gazette about winding up orders, he still spouted exactly the same "malicious lies from rivals and move on, nothing to see here" and "All will be back to normal in a few weeks, Mark my words"

I share the same sentiment as just about every other decent person that I don't wish to see any genuine business struggle or fail, we all know small businesses are the absolute backbone of the economy and just one medium size business going to the wall can have just as much economic fallout as a smaller national chain going to the wall.
This post was put up mainly because they are connected to the club by being the teams travel provider, but the trademark farm denial has seemed to have taken over it a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 11:32 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
He is indeed Argyle's very own Comical Ali.
Halloween is fast approaching. :pighug:
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Was exactly the same when Nikk's world was going up in smoke and despite several articles in the government published London Gazette about winding up orders, he still spouted exactly the same "malicious lies from rivals and move on, nothing to see here" and "All will be back to normal in a few weeks, Mark my words"

I share the same sentiment as just about every other decent person that I don't wish to see any genuine business struggle or fail, we all know small businesses are the absolute backbone of the economy and just one medium size business going to the wall can have just as much economic fallout as a smaller national chain going to the wall.
This post was put up mainly because they are connected to the club  by being the teams travel provider, but the trademark farm denial has seemed to have taken over it a bit.

I was the vile freak that actually rang the office when that story broke and was told it had all gone tits up and Nik was locked out of the office. I was also told what had happened. I wouldn't post what else I was told as I could see me being caught in the middle of a shit fight not of my making.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Lots of threats of legal action against ATD as well. All hollow threats. That's why I have no time for the nikkk any more.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Zackly Mouldy I was a mod at the time I think so was well aware of it. At the end of the day all I did was told the truth about Argyles main sponsor at e time, it was relevant as is the TT story.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 2:33 pm

There was never any doubt at all.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 3:34 pm

PCC giving the contracts to Stagecoach is a shame, so much for pledging to do business with local firms.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 3:39 pm

PatDunne wrote:
PCC giving the contracts to Stagecoach is a shame, so much for pledging to do business with local firms.

Don't know if any local firms put in for the tender for these routes. If only Citybus and Stagecoach put in for it, then it will only be one of those awarded it. The council cannot award a tender to a company who potentially will not have an operating licence after the 31st of October.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 3:59 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if They are trying to build another dupoly in Plymouth, pretty much got one up in Oxford
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Stagecoach are miserable bastards and their service in the starcross dawlish area is bullshit quicker to walk
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 9:41 pm

Jethro wrote:
Stagecoach are miserable bastards and their service in the starcross dawlish  area is bullshit quicker to walk

Stagecoach are renowned for how shit they treat their drivers. A friend of mine was with them briefly at Dartmouth depot when all the First Bus drivers were tuped over to Stagecoach. He left to go to Tally Ho in Kingsbridge shortly after for more money and better working conditions, and within 6 months a further 4 drivers from Dartmouth depot followed him.
Stagecoach's best one is the Megabus drivers who are provided with a transit van at UWE Bristol to take rest breaks and compulsory driving breaks in and await coaches to take over.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 9:50 pm

I've just found lately in the Dawlish Area they rarely run to time or even show up , its getting worse down there
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 1:16 pm

So much for it just being a vicious rumour from a rival and that they would be back to normal by November. Just seen Stagecoach running two of their routes down St Budeaux.

Move on, Nothing to see here.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 2:57 pm

Porky truly is the gift for every day of the year.

We're lucky to have him. Pig
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 9:16 pm

I know times are tough for Target 'breakdown' Travel but they must be really tough if they've resorted to charging ENCTS pass holders £1 to use the Argyle specials. Although the Argyle matchday buses are special services, they are definitely ran as registered bus services meaning that the goverment reimburses Target (or any operator) for any pass holder traveling so this is a little bit naughty.
Had they not have got their DFT licence back then they could have legally ran the Argyle specials as coaches, but NOT been able to claim reimbursements for pass holders but these are 100% registered public bus services.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 6:56 pm

They got a new licence

The new licence (PH2015480) for Target Travel has been granted so they keep their Devon County Council tendered services along with their other routes (Plymouth Argyle specials)

Mr Robert Risk would like to let everyone know that Dealtop (Plymouth) Limited t/a Target Travel has a New operator licence following the Public Inquiry at the OTC in Bristol. The Traffic Commissioner was happy with the new application and granted the New Licence.
Devon County Council Bus Services will remain with Target Travel.
As Robert said to the Plymouth Herald "The Company is still here and will be for the next 40 years. We’re working as normal and will be a leaner, meaner,Target Travel."

Mr Risk would like to take this opportunity to thank all his Loyal Staff and Supportive customers who remained with him through this procedure.

This was from Target Travel themselves on their Facebook page

Then we get this from VOSA

Public Inquiry (78047) held at Jubilee House (Bristol), BS5 0GB, Croydon Street, Bristol, on 20 November 2018 commenced at 14:00 (Previous Publication:(2670))

PH2015480 DEALTOP (PLYMOUTH) LIMITED
Director(s): ROBERT JOHN RISK, LEE ROBERT RISK

Address Witheld just in case

S14 - Consideration of new application under Section 14 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)

Licence application granted for 17 vehicles

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 12:28 am

Apparently Target Travel are in trouble once again according to "Woodfordwall" on the farm:

https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=110139

Just read this from Plympton Podcast. Doesn't make for good reading especially the part that they didn't maintain the fleet because they bought Argyle a new team bus.

TARGET TRAVEL FACES CLOSURE AFTER DAMNING FINDINGS BY INDUSTRY REGULATOR

Target Travel faces being closed down and its directors could be banned from being involved in managing transport undertakings for up to three years after the outcome of a public inquiry into the firm.
In a written decision running to 13 pages made available to the media today Traffic Commissioner Kevin Rooney found that the firm had failed to properly maintain some of its vehicles, had treated disabled people with contempt and had inappropriately used a pot of money to buy new buses including putting down a sizeable deposit for a new Argyle team coach at the expense of properly maintaining other vehicles in its fleet.

The Commissioner concluded that the firm was no longer of sufficient financial standing to continue in operation and ruled that the firm and its two directors were no longer of good repute. The Commissioner has revoked the firm’s operating licence from 16th February 2020, although he has indicated that if local authorities who have school contracts with the firm need more time to find alternative suppliers an ongoing Target Travel service with restrictions might be allowed until 30th March 2020.

Concurrent disciplinary cases against a past and current transport manager at the firm were dismissed with it being ruled that their good reputations remain intact and that one of them had not been properly supported by the firm when he was in the role.

The public enquiry was called after complaints raised by Devon County Council that Target Travel were frequently using buses on public transport routes which did not comply with the stipulations of the Disability Discrimination Act. Old buses with stepped access were being used making them inaccessible for disabled people.

The Council also reported the firm for using a vehicle on a school run which was not displaying an Operator’s Licence.

The public enquiry also heard that one of Target Travel’s vehicles was discovered to have multiple defects when inspected after a collision on the B3257 on 15th July 2019. Although the defects had not caused the collision and the driver did not appear to be culpable for the collision, it was nonetheless a cause for concern that so many defects, some of them potentially serious, were found.

The vehicle examiner found a number of pre-existing faults that had been present before the collision. These were-
1. Power steering oil leak and power steering oil reservoir level below minimum,
2 nearside axle 2 shock absorber body heavily corroded,
3 brake air reservoirs had moderate surface corrosion and there was excessive oil discharge from the air drier,
4 nearside axle 1 tyre worn to close to legal limit, offside axle 2 outer tyre had damage to the tread area exposing the cords, nearside axle 2 inner and outer tyres worn beyond the legal limit,
5 exhaust tailpipe heavily contaminated by grease/oil constituting a fire risk.

The Commissioner ruled it was “inexcusable” to use a vehicle with defective tyres. He also ruled that Target Travel showed “a clear contempt for those passengers who have mobility issues” by running some vehicles on Devon routes which did not have proper boarding access for disabled people.

The Commissioner also criticised the decision to use funds, which should have been kept back to show good financial standing, for the purchase of eight new vehicles including a large deposit on a new Argyle team coach.

The Traffic Commissioner ruled that Target Travel’s Managing Director Robert Risk “chose to use the money identified as financial standing to buy no fewer than eight vehicles including putting a large deposit on an expensive football team coach. That shows a recklessness which appears to have contributed to inaccessible vehicles being used on registered bus services and to vehicles being operated with bald tyres. With full knowledge of the financial standing requirement, Mr Risk chose to be non-compliant almost immediately and has been non-compliant ever since.”

The Commissioner concluded “I ask myself whether or not this is an operator I can trust to be compliant in the future. The behaviour in relation to financial standing is enough on its own to answer that in the negative and such a conclusion is supported by the attitude to DDA compliance. In considering whether it is so bad that it ought to be put out of business, I cannot ignore the condition of the bus in service, MX09AOE. Whilst the defects did not contribute to the crash, they were dangerous and could well have done so in different circumstances. The operator and both its constituent directors have forfeit their good repute. This is a case where it appears to me that the company and its constituent directors require a period of reflection away from the industry.

“I say that because of the matters I have identified above. The Senior Traffic Commissioners Statutory Document would suggest that a period of 1 – 3 years is appropriate. I did not hear submissions on the effect of disqualification on the operator and I invite them now. I will defer my decision on disqualification until 17 January 2020 to allow submissions to be made.”
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 12:46 am

I'm surprised they've got any customers left anyway.
Heard how many got left behind at Crownhill before the Stevenage game, also they seem to be making the fares and rules up as they go along.
They started charging pensioners a £1 eachway as well as scanning their pass (which the full fare gets reimbursed by the government anyway) then unannounced on Wednesday, they refused to take pensioners passes full stop and demanded full fare in cash off them, think the driver cited that because no other buses were running that day, that passes were not accepted. I know that is complete and utter BS on Target's part because any operator running a registered bus service that has an operator license can get reimbursed the full fare everytime a pass is scanned regardless of what day of the week it is or if it's a holiday or not ect. The only exception to that rule is between the hours of 2300 and 0930 Mon to Fri excluding public holidays.
Sounds more like Target are no longer licensed and unable to claim these fares back.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 4:08 am

Move along nothing to see here....
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 am

Sell whatever net value is in the Argyle coach and donate it to the Pensioners they've ripped off
Wonder what spin the Pig will put on this.....
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 7:24 am

Another PASOTI sponsor in the news for all the wrong reasons, I shall edit my signature accordingly

feckin happy days

parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 7:32 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Another PASOTI sponsor in the news for all the wrong reasons, I shall edit my signature accordingly

feckin happy days

parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee
:greenrave: Geddon punchey bhey lahd Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Target Travel   Target Travel - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Target Travel
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next