Yea Man
akagreengull
VillageGreen
PatDunne
9 posters
AuthorMessage
PatDunne

The View from the Top Empty
PostSubject: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 1:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 2:16 pm

PatDunne wrote:

First comment on that vid is "Adams Out".

If this poor run carries on till the end of the year, he could well be gone ?.

It's gonna be an interesting four months.

As for the new set-up, I hope it works out for them.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Just watched and listened intently to the video (thanks Pat for posting wasn't aware of it), trying to keep an open mind but what they said was all very predictable, support Derek, get in the Championship, matchday experience etc, etc.
The main thing was how they both emphasised the need to finish the Grandstand, I picked up that they were diplomatically saying so far it's been a complete balls up, so we are taking over.
I liked the comment from Felwick about " previous corporate mission statements have been vague" or words to that effect, which equates to Brent bullshit to keep the eternally grateful on board.

Given they are acknowledging there will be much disruption at HP over the coming year affecting the matchday experience they probably both know that it will be touch and go if the team stay in the third tier this season.
Here's hoping they are genuine in what they say.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 4:10 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Chant of you don't know what you're doing yesterday when he brought on defenders.

Hope he gets a decent chance again this year to build and strengthen rather than wielding that axe.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 4:45 pm

I wish Brent had got the chant it's our footballing man at the helm who is our problem.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Adams is the best manager argo are likely to get, he knows what he doing but gets no backing, if he blew a fortune on that shower then yes he should go but ffs thats all he could sign!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 5:40 pm

akagreengull wrote:

Given they are acknowledging there will be much disruption at HP over the coming year affecting the matchday experience they probably both know that it will be touch and go if the team stay in the third tier this season.
Here's hoping they are genuine in what they say.
I got that too akers. There is almost certainly going to be a following undertow of brent's influence  dragging Argyle downward for a good 18 months, ... cause and effect, especially since he is now extracting the energy he came looking for. Bad vibe doesn't just disappear unless you introduce a truck load of steroids. That isn't going to happen.
I immediately like both their human mannerisms, far far better than brent's, that greasy, almost arrogant thicko ( vegans don't know what they're eating, is just an easy example of his classic ignorance ). Stick to racking up 50 billion dollar debts, brent, that's your bag.

Felwick seems to talk stuff consistent with his past employee owned history, so that's good, although the jargon is never the best in these set pieces. Hallett seemed almost half apologetic, and in a way, that's good too. I almost felt sorry for the pair of them but it didn't last long LOL.
No real clue as to whether this regime will be successful. Looks like Felwick is the man in charge, and that's as it should be. You don't run a football club from thousands of miles away or  by giving it 4 hours a week. We've had a run of people juggling about 20 different jobs
It would seem some people on here think criticism on specific points should be held back for a period due to a new owner. I don't. think that. In the end, a disappointing mish mash of a development is going to cost the club for decades, it's a poor plan, it won't add much to the club's income, and there are still future worries as to how the HHP land will be utilised, owned by the club or not.
One more thing, I'm not a fan of Adams' style or his football, but I wouldn't get rid of him either if they go down. That's what the likes of newell and webb do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 6:01 pm

Yea Man wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Chant of you don't know what you're doing yesterday when he brought on defenders.

Hope he gets a decent chance again this year to build and strengthen rather than wielding that axe.

I found it baffling to bring on two defenders when your 3-0 down Cant understand that logic myself. For all of del bhey's good points he certainly has a few bad points and his use of subs in games is one of them. But as for the adams out talk, Too soon for that talk atm especially as we know he has the talent to turn things around. I dont think the club would ever sack him in anycase especially after making him a director of football more or less on top of his current role while all on a brand new contract which as we know the club dont like spending money.

incrreasing the budget in january is required.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 8:04 pm

Early days but it's good to hear people in charge actually talking about football and having an interest in the team. When Brent was interviewed you just knew it was all about him and how he could make money.

Give some hope for the future, but they need to get it right on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 8:19 pm

Successful first team ?

That's not going to happen if DA's playing budget doesn't enable him to retain proven performers like Sonny/Oscar and add to them.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 8:32 pm

It is that simple innit Tring.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 9:59 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Early days but it's good to hear people in charge actually talking about football and having an interest in the team. When Brent was interviewed you just knew it was all about him and how he could make money.

Yep - can't believe that over on the farm some people are saying ''let's take 15th ish this season and next season push on ''with the new grandstand'' Push on!!. Jeeeeeeeezzzz!!! Are they saying to put the new grandstand in goal? The team is 1st priority and the stadium is what it is. Look at Burton, Fleetwood, Accy, Bournemouth for example. Players are first!!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 10:09 pm

tigertony wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Yep - can't believe that over on the farm some people are saying ''let's take 15th ish this season and next season push on ''with the new grandstand'' Push on!!. Jeeeeeeeezzzz!!! Are they saying to put the new grandstand in goal? The team is 1st priority and the stadium is what it is. Look at Burton, Fleetwood, Accy, Bournemouth for example. Players are first!!

Well unless you are going to spend millions on players yourself I don't see why you should have an opinion on it?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 10:29 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
tigertony wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Well unless you are going to spend millions on players yourself I don't see why you should have an opinion on it?
I did get 3 numbers on the lottery so £25 spare.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 10:44 pm

steady on, no need to go mad, spare £25? double our budget that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The View from the Top   The View from the Top Empty

Back to top Go down

The View from the Top
Page 1 of 1