Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alex Battle Returns...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Alex Battle Returns... Empty
PostSubject: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 2:46 pm

First it was Dan Mugford of Plymouth Albion who left them at the end of last season only to re sign with Albion last week after U turning on a contract in France, now its the turn of Alex Battle who has now according to brents herald signed the very contract he turned down a few weeks ago..

i believe it was a case of him wanting to go to Bolton but as they are in the sh1 they cant sign him as they will need to pay us compo so rather than be in limbo returned to us.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Does anyone know if he's any good?Heard Bolton were offering 3 times his current wedge which doesnt surprise me in the slightest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 5:05 pm

our season is saved! All hail Sir Jimmy! brent worship brent worship
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Does anyone know if he's any good?Heard Bolton were offering 3 times his current wedge which doesnt surprise me in the slightest

I think if he was all that, there’d have been plenty of others after him. The fact he has re-signed - begrudgingly almost- for us, tells it’s own story. Adams doesn’t have a history of blooding young talent unless he either is down to the bare bones, or it’s a meaningless end of season fixture.

Hopefully he’ll be given a chance, maybe in our game at Ashton Gate. I can’t see it though unless we have an injury crisis.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 7:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

he looks thrilled lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 7:58 pm

Angry wrote:

he looks thrilled lol
He just can't wait to get stuck into those South West Peninsula League players lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 8:40 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:

he looks thrilled lol
He just can't wait to get stuck into those South West Peninsula League players lol!

think of all the good pies hes missing out on visiting ormskirk with bolton u23. enough to make you ry that is lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 8:42 pm

Angry wrote:

he looks thrilled lol

The facial expression of a lad who realises it’s either Argyle or a zero hours contract at B&M
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
No that’s Just what NORMAL Football clubs offer there players lol!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 11:13 pm

That is known as a Ginsters complexion in the trade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 6:34 am

One of the main reasons I don't like Adams' methodology is his clear disdain for youngsters. It's unhealthy and not unknown in pro football dressing rooms, or other male only workplaces for that matter.. How can you say you want to build a club, yet not offer opportunity for youngsters.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 8:09 am

If Alex is lucky, Derek may put him on for the last five minutes of a game we are winning.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 8:12 am

Shorely we're too shit scared of getting thumped 5-0 again to blood anyone young up at Bristol?

Although actually the injury to Threlkeld in that game was probably more important.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 10:46 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Shorely we're too shit scared of getting thumped 5-0 again to blood anyone young up at Bristol?

Although actually the injury to Threlkeld in that game was probably more important.

Depends how Dels mind is working. If he’s fully realistic he’ll know that even with putting out what he would deem to be his First 11, we’re highly unlikely to win. So for me he may as well use a proper competitive game against far better opponents to see how some of the fringe players react.

Not that I expect him to, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex Battle Returns...   Alex Battle Returns... Empty

Back to top Go down

Alex Battle Returns...
Page 1 of 1