Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 10:37 am

I think the case for a new bar of some sort to replace the far Post Club is obvious it is beyond that that things become puzzling especially when the new bar sits there on the hybrid application for planning permission.

I think the obvious deduction is that there just isn't any money to pay for it (whether due to limited funding or a pig-headed refusal to actually put any up at all even if we could) as part of the grandstand refurb which as we know is going to cost considerably more than the £5m set aside for it and the club is still trying to squeeze that £5m for all it is worth because if it doesn't deliver it'll look like a laughing stock - and it won't look much better than that when it does deliver its reduced capacity and restricted view seating anyway but that is by the way.

If the bar was included in the initial plan it isn't now, freeing up £1m or so for the grandstand shortfall) and so somebody else has to cough up to build it.

From there the success of the Fan Fests puts the GTs squarely in pole position and now we are where we are.

The genius of it all from Brent's point of view is that he doesn't have to fund it, build it or run it and when the lease expires it drops straight into the club's lap as a, hopefully, successful business operating out of a nearly new building.

From the point of view of us fans at least Brent's non-involvement means it is far more likely to be built than if he was in charge of the project.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 10:41 am

If I was Woz I'd be looking at the terms of the lease very, very carefully.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 10:43 am

I'd also add that it seems it's not only Brent with a cash shortfall hence the approach to the Trust by the GT's.
I'd just like to add to the record that I've never had a problem with the GT's, I fail to understand their motivation but that's all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 5:26 pm

I believe their motivation is similar to Newell's motivation.
As to a member's only bar, let's not forget the far post was always a member's only bar. To have a full time bar open to the public in what is basically the park, is just not on. Match days of course should be licensed in a similar manner to the rest of the stadium. There's been enough prising open of park permissions as it is with Brent and his crap.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 5:31 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
What sort of level of investment are the AFT considering ??
If its only £5k the loss if it goes tits up isnt so bad but £50k is another matter ??

It does matter to me what the loss is. The trust should not put anything in to this. For me the trust is there for the fans and not another cash cow for the club owner to milk.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I'd also add that it seems it's not only Brent with a cash shortfall hence the approach to the Trust by the GT's.

Hello AFT,

Is this true, or is the AFT acting on its own initiative?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 6:35 pm

Beacause of previous shenanignans where personal details of non believers did get passed around on GT buses, and also the Senior Greens who it seems have an undying love for Mr Brent I vote no.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 6:44 pm

AFT should rightfully keep the GT and the Senior Greens at arms length if it wants to be considered as a truly indepedent supporters trust imo.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Hello AFT,

It was discussed by the board as a potential investment vehicle. During the discussion we decided to put the idea to our membership before making a final decision. Suggesting that the GTs approached AFT is stretching it a bit. Put simply we are as aware of the conditions attached as everybody else who might have shown an interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Argyle Fans' Trust wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Hello AFT,

It was discussed by the board as a potential investment vehicle. During the discussion we decided to put the idea to our membership before making a final decision. Suggesting that the GTs approached AFT is stretching it a bit. Put simply we are as aware of the conditions attached as everybody else who might have shown an interest.
Really?
Is there any investment prospectus out from the GT's?
I was at the original meeting before the Wimbledon home game and expressed an interest, but have heard nothing since then.
Perhaps it was only supplied at Fans fests or to the Senior Greens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 8:07 pm

An investment vehicle ? I can't believe I'm reading this. You're not an investment bank ffs.
This quote says it all....." Suggesting that the GTs approached AFT is stretching it a bit"
Quite clear from  that, there were approaches of some sort.
I smell a rat. Whether it's a Bob, a John or a Roger, it stinks.

Last edited by beesrus on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 8:11 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Hello AFT,

Really?
Is there any investment prospectus out from the GT's?
I was at the original meeting before the Wimbledon home game and expressed an interest, but have heard nothing since then.
Perhaps it was only supplied at Fans fests or to the Senior Greens.

Yes there is an investment prospectus and it has been read and considered by the board.

If you want a copy it is probably easiest to contact the GTs and ask for one.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 8:14 pm

beesrus wrote:
An investment vehicle ? I can't believe I'm reading this. You're not an investment bank ffs.
This quote says it all....." Suggesting that the GTs approached AFT is stretching it a bit"

There has been no approach from the GTs to AFT regarding the bar.

Is that clear enough?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Be buying business parks in Slough next.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 8:18 pm

If any members want to know more about the GT proposal then please send an email to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 9:30 pm

beesrus wrote:

Is that clear enough?

It's not a question of clarity, it's a question of perception. But no doubt your answer will satisfy the LA hawk from across the pond who posed yet another pointless question. LOL Geddon Rickler, who do you want to slay off in this, me or "Rog".
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 9:33 pm

LOL. Pointless?

beesrus wrote:

Is that clear enough?

No.

You've been "TOJA'd"  If Beezy say's you've been approached, you've been approached.  You just don't know it.  But he does.

You also support Brent and Hallett but you don't know that either.

What Beezy says, goes.  OK!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 9:38 pm

beesrus wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Is that clear enough?

It's not a question of clarity, it's a question of perception. But no doubt your answer will satisfy the LA hawk from across the pond who posed yet another pointless question. LOL  Geddon Rickler, who do you want to slay off in this, me or "Rog".

No. it's not a question of perception. It's a question of fact. Were the AFT approached? They were not. You got it wrong and now you're calling them liars.

Rather than face up to that fact, you're going to try and deflect attention.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 9:41 pm

It was your question Rickler, not mine, and a pointless one at that. Do you really think there would have been an "official" request of anything to the AFT. You live in dreamland.
Still, I notice you, as a member, haven't given your view like many other members on here whether you think it would be a good idea. So, would you like to help Brent and Hallett off the hook, and support the AFT to put some money into the GT bar ? There's a question for you, straight as straight can be. No one has yet approved of it on here, so hopefully, you'll be the same. Feel like a straight answer ?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 9:47 pm

If it's a pointless question why are you spending so much time accusing people of lying about it?

As to what I think about investing with the GT's? You tell me. Apparently you know better than I do.

PS. Do you realize how fecking stupid you look right now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 9:54 pm

I'm asking you a simple question. Do you want the AFT, of which you are a member, to put in under the taverners for this new bar ? Many members have already made their views very clear on here, all against it to a man. I shall keep asking you
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Do what you like..

I keep asking you why deep in the middle of the night when you were a mod, you decided unilaterally to try and close down ATD for good? ...and you never answer.

When you answer that, I'll tell you whether the GT's should invest or not.

Got it? Good. Now don't bore everyone. Put up or shut up!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 pm

So, you won't be answering ? Thought not.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Reading this shite is enough to make any of us pull the plug.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 2:30 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Reading this shite is enough to make any of us pull the plug.

Then pull it.  Because I think I can suffer through not reading your ever so compelling tiffs with TigerTony...

beesrus wrote:
So, you won't be answering ? Thought not.

Actually I will. Not that its got anything to do with you, but I don't want to fall victim of more of your 'fake news' - your stupidity needs rectifying.

Of course I voted 'No'.  I voted 'No' within seconds of reading the email, and long before you asked me the ridiculous question.  The AFT have my permission to release my voting preference.

Only a fool like you would ever think I would vote otherwise.

Hint...  When trying to catch someone out - never ask a question you don't know the answer to.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AFT Supporters Bar Survey
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next