Earwegoagain
Dingle
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

AFT Supporters Bar Survey Empty
PostSubject: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 7:57 pm

As well as the usual End of Season Survey email, I got another one from the Trust today. A one question survey:

“The AFT is considering making an investment into the Green Taverners
project to build a new Supporters Bar at Home Park.

Are you in favour of AFT funds being used in this way?”

I voted no.

It was a straightforward Yes/No response they were after. It’s a pity there was no area where I could explain why I voted no, so I hope you’ll indulge me while I give that explanation here.

As far as I can see, the investment in the GT’s bar would be based on little more than sentiment. It’s unregulated, the potential returns suggested appear to be based on little more than speculation, and the whole project seems to be at best another attempt to provide Akkeron with an income stream without any substantial investment from that company at all. As it also seems that the facility will be run as a members club, excluding a huge number of Argyle fans from using it, I don’t believe that using Trust members money to invest in something that many trust members will be prevented from using is an ethical way for the Trust Board to behave. Trust values of inclusivity must extend to projects that the Trust involves itself in, and as far as I can see, this Supporters Bar will be anything but inclusive.

The Trust would be better advised to use its finances to build and grow its own membership, improve its IT, communications and membership infrastructure and devote itself to holding the board and club to account as this development progresses. The Trust cannot be independent of the club if it holds an investment in a club facility, no matter how much at ‘arms length’ the club is trying to make the development and management of this bar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Good reasoning Homeslice.
One would hope the Trust has learned it's lesson after the Paintgate scandal, but with Bob the disaster back in the chair, I'm expecting the Trust to make yet another big mistake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 8:10 pm

I voted no. With rumours that the GTs are beginning to regret their involvement in the whole project I don’t think it’s wise for the AFT to get involved.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 8:44 pm

I voted no. It is the last thing they should get involved in.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 8:52 pm

I voted no
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 9:07 pm

Such a pity that the GTs, AFT, PADSA, Senior Greens, area groups etc didn't work together for the benefit of all fans from the moment Mr Brent took over. For whatever reasons though, the GTs were chosen by the club to provide a supporters' bar without consultation with the fans - or did I miss something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 10:19 pm

How did you members get contacted as I joined about 6 months and never heard from then since?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
How did you members get contacted as I joined about 6 months and never heard from then since?

Sugar, think my junk box might have been gobbling their emails up, sorry chaps but it's a deffo NO from me for them GTs
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 10:08 am

I wasn't asked either but it's a no from me, copy and paste to Homies piece sums up my reasoning as well.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 11:58 am

The email was sent to all current members according to the details we hold for them.

If you think that you should have received this email but did not firstly check your inbox junk/spam filters because it may have been diverted by your email provider.

After that either PM me your complaint including your real name and email address or email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with your query and details.

Finally this is very much a survey of our members about what to do with funds supplied by them and so the email was sent to members only. If you are not a current member then don't expect to have been in receipt of it.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 12:01 pm

I wasn't asked either but I'm gonna have to go with no.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Same applies you as it does to Ears.

You only get the email if you are a current member.

Check spam/junk filters first.

Either PM me with name and email address or email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with the same.

Also all of our emails get sent from the email address [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so add that to your contacts list/address book and this may help prevent further problems in the future.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 12:16 pm

AFT whilst I'm not a member I think you have got your response from this thread alone
The GTs regret in having got involved with this regime is set in stone
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 12:21 pm

This is a narrow sample and may well differ from the overall responses.

Or it may not.

We'll see in due course and the outcome of the survey of our members will inform our final decision.

If you want to complete the survey and for your opinion to register and are not currently a member then join the Trust now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 12:30 pm

Argyle Fans' Trust wrote:
Same applies you as it does to Ears.

You only get the email if you are a current member.

Check spam/junk filters first.

Either PM me with name and email address or email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with the same.

Also all of our emails get sent from the email address [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so add that to your contacts list/address book and this may help prevent further problems in the future.

I've always been a member although this isn't my real name. I'll check my spam.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Yep it was junked have replied just now. We invest in the club via our role of customers of PAFC. The board should invest in supporter facilities. I'm really not sure what the GTs are about but I'd be very wary of this volunteer led limited company that props up Brent's PLCs I thinkit will end in tears.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Excellent.

Please add [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to your address book/contact list and mark the email as "not junk" etc to minimise the chances of this happening again.

You may have other emails from us in Junk, too, so have a look back but every wider communication has been flagged on the AFT board here so you have probably seen them in one way or another.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 12:44 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I voted no. It is the last thing they should get involved in.
excatly stay well away from that nonsense didn’t they learn there lesson after they got tucked up in a sponsorship deal a couple of seasons back if I can remember
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 1:58 pm

“Stupidity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

If you Get tucked up by Brent again don't come crying its sorry when its gone pete tong,
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 pm

beesrus wrote:
Good reasoning Homeslice.
One would hope the Trust has learned it's lesson after the Paintgate scandal, but with Bob the disaster back in the chair, I'm expecting the Trust to make yet another big mistake.
beesrus, sums it up perfectly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 8:38 am

I agree. Despite what the GT's think the Trust funds are not in place for their benefit.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 8:54 am

What sort of level of investment are the AFT considering ??
If its only £5k the loss if it goes tits up isnt so bad but £50k is another matter ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 9:06 am

It's also the latest way of trying to tie up the AFT to concentrate on paying monies to other people, mainly saving Brent the expense. The same thing happened when a couple of clowns outflanked the AFT forcing it to raise funds all year and longer to pay a shirt sponsorship BILL.
Ever since the infamous attempt to offer a spurious board position with no rights in return for hundreds of thousands of pounds, the object has been to ensure the AFT is impotent. Even pasoti don't allow themselves to get tied up in such fiscal arrangements, and I would contend it's their sort that are continually trying to take the feet from under the trust. If the present AFT board can't see that, they're no better than those before them.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 10:11 am

Have the actual details of this been published anywhere, or have they just been shared with a selected few.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 10:19 am

beesrus wrote:
It's also the latest way of trying to tie up the AFT to concentrate on paying monies to other people, mainly saving Brent the expense. The same thing happened when a couple of clowns outflanked the AFT forcing it to raise funds all year and longer to pay a shirt sponsorship BILL.  
Ever since the infamous attempt to offer a spurious board position with no rights in return for hundreds of thousands of pounds, the object has been to ensure the AFT is impotent. Even pasoti don't allow themselves to get tied up in such fiscal arrangements, and I would contend it's their sort that are continually trying to take the feet from under the trust. If the present AFT board can't see that, they're no better than those before them.

It's funny how the club is happy to reach out to the trust when it's wants some cash isn't it? I wonder if the site owner had some direction from the club owner to fudge the trust onto the pasoti boards somehow?
As I've said before I just don't get this GT thing at all. The GTs are raising money for the club by installing a bar which is going to have to be run as a members club by the sounds of it on land owned by PAFC. Why don't the club install the supporters bar that has been asked for by fans for years? It's their land, it costs very little in the grand scheme of things and if done right could raise loads of money for the club. It's as if the club is as skint now as the day he took over, I smell rats, loads of big smelly rats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey Empty

Back to top Go down

AFT Supporters Bar Survey
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next