Chemical Ali
Freathy
Sir Francis Drake
pepsipete
Tringreen
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:56 pm

So are there any other crazy people on here making the trek to Macclesfield on saturday? Going on the coach, 7am departure, i didn't realise how far it was.

Crucial match, their not doing well, could be a good test of character, start w ith the team that finished against Southend

Cant wait.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:01 pm

They don't come and see me when I'm bad. Wink
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:04 pm

the old ones are best jocolor
Back to top Go down

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Block4Green wrote:
So are there any other crazy people on here making the trek to Macclesfield on saturday? Going on the coach, 7am departure, i didn't realise how far it was.

Crucial match, their not doing well, could be a good test of character, start w ith the team that finished against Southend

Cant wait.

Went port vale last week and it was dire. But if I could make it I would cobi, just not on a bloody coach Razz
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:29 pm

Big injury problems up there apparently.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Freathy

Freathy

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:36 am

Macclesfield may be shite but like all other L2 teams they're better than us. That's why we're bottom. There's nothing to convince me this will be anything other than another loss.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:17 am

This is a game we must win (if we want to stay up). Macclesfield are on a very bad run of form and, I know its an away game, but we need to be positive in our play.
Back to top Go down

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:27 am

If I do go, it won't be on a coach with Cobi, that's for sure. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:00 am

Where is Macclesfield anyway ? Anywhere near Ebbsfleet or Forest Green ? Oh what fun ! Geddon Janner.

I know, I know.............. I'm naaaaaaaaat a praaaaaaaper faaaaaaaan ! We are supposed to enjoy how crap we are, put our trust in nice gentlemen owners and spend our money freely when they don't.

PAFC Eternally, the smallest thinking , big city football club in the country.
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:09 am

Do Macclesfield still have the gazebo on one side of the ground? Last (and only) time I went, I knew we had arrived in the big time, because we lost 4-1.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Chaos in Maccers! Will it even go ahead?

Chaos!!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:12 pm

argylepaul wrote:
Do Macclesfield still have the gazebo on one side of the ground? Last (and only) time I went, I knew we had arrived in the big time, because we lost 4-1.

Did Ricky Lambert score a couple (might have been a hattrick) in that game?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:55 am

seadog wrote:
Chaos in Maccers! Will it even go ahead?

Chaos!!

The power of twitter, makes Mystic Meg look crap!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Big game for you lads and I believe you don't have a good record against them, funny really cos I should have thought a big club like yours would have been been unlikely ever to have had to play them.

Sheffield Wednesday for us, what a yawn.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Big game for you lads and I believe you don't have a good record against them, funny really cos I should have thought a big club like yours would have been been unlikely ever to have had to play them.

Cor blimey,Sheffield Wednesday! Don't think we've ever played them.Are you having commemorative mugs produced to mark the event? Basketball
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

Cor blimey,Sheffield Wednesday! Don't think we've ever played them.Are you having commemorative mugs produced to mark the event? Basketball
You are correct Greenskin. Argyle have never played Sheffield Wednesday in a league match, although I have been on a Supertram that passed by their ground once. I couldn't believe how big it was.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:16 pm

argylepaul wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

You are correct Greenskin. Argyle have never played Sheffield Wednesday in a league match, although I have been on a Supertram that passed by their ground once. I couldn't believe how big it was.

What, bigger than the ones in Croydon ?

Academic now cos the game is off, good results for the Dags and Bulls could see a bit of gap opening up again, happy days.

Ah, the commemorative mug, always one of the Porkers favourite jibes when you were 70 places in front, me, I like 'em, a bit tin pot but real enough, unlike a certain series of on line auctions that always seem to end up with the same guy winning, saves getting the CsoA verified dunnit ?
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:07 pm

From the Express and Echo. Friday

Exeter City vice Chairperson Uri Geller has called on the city's Rugby neighbours to help his club beat the weather on Saturday.
The Israeli psychic has asked staff and fans at the Sandy Lane outfit for any unwanted barbour jackets, which Most Haunted's Yvette Fielding will then stitch together to make a giant anti-bad weather rug.
" I call upon Exeter Chiefs to help us get our cup final on, with any barbour jackets and other waxed jackets. Where it's waxed, it's waterproof. I asked Yvette to help because she is a woman, and they are good at that sort of thing."
Although Barbour jackets don't have their own Wikipedia entry, they are known for being worn by posh people, and rugby is known to be a posh person's sport. Football is not considered to be for posh people, although it is getting there. City officials reckon a big wax jacket pitch cover will go some way to making football appear more upmarket.
But, Geller has warned Exeter rugby loving public to avoid handing over any Peter Storm outerwear.
"The flimsy seams are what you would expect on a low priced garment, and as such, we just can't accept them.", explained Mr Geller.
Struggling City expect a crowd of over 4,000 for Saturday's game, but the match could yet fall victim to the weather.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

At Hillsborough ? You'd almost be famous. They used to play cup semi finals there ...................... and Villa Park, we've been there and stared at planes.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

At Hillsborough ? You'd almost be famous. They used to play cup semi finals there ...................... and Villa Park, we've been there and stared at planes.

Ah yes, they say getting beaten in the semi final is the worst stage to go out of any competition, we felt the same last season when we just missed out on our third trip to the New Wembley, I believe that even the county's minnows have been twice, wonder if you lot will ever have that pleasure? Make a change for all them Janners to do Wembley rather than Twickers.

A home game for us thank you Tring, be nice if it was on, the weather cost us a big crowd against them last season, decent 5-1 win though.
Back to top Go down

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:43 pm

I shall be there tomorrow your Lordship. I too shall look forward to another 5-1, or more accurately 1-5.

Of course, nobody in red and white will score, it will be an own goal by the Owls.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:52 pm

Cerbera wrote:
I shall be there tomorrow your Lordship. I too shall look forward to another 5-1, or more accurately 1-5.

Of course, nobody in red and white will score, it will be an own goal by the Owls.

Oh don't, please?

We are just pants and worse we exhibit no signs of having a clue how to turn it round, best hope is a nil nil draw and everybody around us losing.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Big injury problems up there apparently.

And so the game was postponed.

I can't say I am surprised.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:50 pm

On the bright side, we won't lose.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:50 pm

If the last 4 years teaches us anything, we'll find a way to lose Gob, we'll find a way.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

Macclesfield away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macclesfield away   Macclesfield away Empty

Back to top Go down

Macclesfield away
Page 1 of 1