Freathy
Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

4th incoming Joe Riley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th incoming Joe Riley   4th incoming Joe Riley - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 8:48 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Pray for another Adams miracle Zyph, we're going to need one.
Well our prayers have worked for 3 years so why spend money when prayers can do it for free. cheers Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th incoming Joe Riley   4th incoming Joe Riley - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 9:43 pm

tigertony wrote:
zyph wrote:
You lot would rubbish your own shadows given half a chance....can't you wait until they've played a few games before casting them on the scrap heap.

Derek Adams has assessed these players over a period of time and can see possible potential....he's done it before and succeeded.....ok some haven't lived up to what Adams felt was the promise that they might have...but he is a shrewd football manager and has helped players to perform to their maximum ability.

Just wait an see....depression floats like a black cloud over everything you lot touch....negativity is the way ahead for you lot.
Zyph - you'll get banned talking common sense with any positivity. Laughing

where is the common sense? zyph's post is more clutching at straws.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: 4th incoming Joe Riley   4th incoming Joe Riley - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 10:49 pm

tigertony wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Well our prayers have worked for 3 years so why spend money when prayers can do it for free. cheers Laughing Laughing

Why do you do this - cheers Laughing Laughing is it because you believe your posts to be funny?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th incoming Joe Riley   4th incoming Joe Riley - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 9:11 am

zyph wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Why so despondent.....just like a stuck needle...last years crop was ridiculed and they did better than expected, even with injuries and red cards during the early months of last season....Adams is a man manager and he has picked these players and pencilled them into his squad during the previous months....they know that he wanted them and they will respond....he is a planner and if they come good we'll all be cheering them on....even though some of you will be doing that through gritted teeth.....more to come...and I think if he gets those that he wants we might all be surprised.

Or an agent has recommended them on the basis they might do a job at this level if they stay fit and the DVD's look OK.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: 4th incoming Joe Riley   4th incoming Joe Riley - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 10:29 am

link

They say your wedding day is the happiest of your life, and for new Plymouth Argyle full-back Joe Riley it proved doubly so.

The 26-year-old, who had just been on the losing side with Shrewsbury in the League One play-off final, was about to get married to his fiancee Kayleigh when he found out the Pilgrims wanted to sign him.

"I had a quick check of my phone and I had a text off my agent saying Plymouth are interested," he told BBC Devon.

"I said 'go for it'.

And when asked what was better on his wedding day - his nuptials or the contract offer from Argyle - Riley quipped: "It was a tough call."

Riley began his career as a youngster at Bolton Wanderers, but after Premier League starts against Stoke City and West Bromwich Albion, as well as a substitute appearance at boyhood favourites Manchester United, his progress was hampered by a succession of injuries.

A broken foot put paid to much of his second season at Bolton and he missed all of the 2013-14 campaign with knee ligament damage sustained in pre-season.

He went out on loan to Oxford United, which was followed by a free transfer move to Bury in January 2015 where the full-back rebuilt a career which has seen him play almost 150 games.

"I'm just happy to be here and hopeful that it can be a successful time," he said of his move to Home Park.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: 4th incoming Joe Riley   4th incoming Joe Riley - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 10:36 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
zyph wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Why so despondent.....just like a stuck needle...last years crop was ridiculed and they did better than expected, even with injuries and red cards during the early months of last season....Adams is a man manager and he has picked these players and pencilled them into his squad during the previous months....they know that he wanted them and they will respond....he is a planner and if they come good we'll all be cheering them on....even though some of you will be doing that through gritted teeth.....more to come...and I think if he gets those that he wants we might all be surprised.

Or an agent has recommended them on the basis they might do a job at this level if they stay fit and the DVD's look OK.

Adams knows his own mind and agents get no change out of him....he's not a Scot for nothing....he is getting a reputation for knowing what he wants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4th incoming Joe Riley   4th incoming Joe Riley - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 11:50 am

That’s an extraordinary character assessment, based on what exactly?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: 4th incoming Joe Riley   4th incoming Joe Riley - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 12:31 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
That’s an extraordinary character assessment, based on what exactly?

Old Zyphers certainly has faith in Dereks ability to get shit from a rocking horse. And why not, very logical point of view based on the past 3 seasons, one that I would very much agree with. If I may drift into hypothesis though, almost certainly the difference between you, me and Zyph [and one or two others] is that should Argyle fail to cut the mustard this season then the latter would tend to lose faith in Adams rather than accept that if you continue to pay peanuts then eventually you'll get monkeys, no matter how resourceful the management may be. But hey, lets hope it doesn't come to putting that to the test and Derek indeed proves to be the master judge of the dodgy knee footballer and his potential.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4th incoming Joe Riley   4th incoming Joe Riley - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

4th incoming Joe Riley
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2