Go down 
+2
Tgwu
Chemical Ali
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Joe Riley has left (or has he?) Empty
PostSubject: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 10:52 am

Club announced it on twitter (tweet now gone) and put a story up on the website (now removed)-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 11:24 am

seems that dick cowdrey jumped the gun lol on twitter announcing it then deleting it.

He's not a player we will miss greatly, Edwards and Byron Moore seem to have that position locked down despite both being better in central midfield and up front respectfully but i do worry about squad numbers given our history of injuries. I hope the club is planning to bring in another 1 or 2 max in certainly defender wise.

All the best joe, ill try and act shocked later when the club forgets it already told us you left for either mansfield or morecambe..
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 3:52 pm

Joe Riley is closing in on a deal with either Mansfield or Morecambe. Think it's the Stags but Derek Adams is also keen
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 4:10 pm

Plymouth want Maynard......I hear a bid is incoming soon (Mansfield forum)
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 4:20 pm

Maynard is class and obviously knows Lowe from Bury last season. I was shocked to learn he was 33! I'm still thinking of him as a young player remembering being impressed when he played for Brizzle but that was twelve years ago FFS! Time must go faster when your own team has been shite for that long.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 4:47 pm

That’d be interesting. Can’t see it though. Lowe seemed to think his wages were a step too far in the summer when there was talk of him coming here.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 5:36 pm

Plymouth Argyle defender Joe Riley is poised to sign for League Two rivals Mansfield Town this month, Football Insider understands.

The right-back is out of contract at Home Park this summer and the Pilgrims have decided to cash-in on his sale now rather than allowing him to run down his deal and leave on a free in the summer.

A source at Mansfield has told Football Insider the club are set to secure a deal for the 28-year-old in a bid to bolster their defensive options and boost their hopes of survival this season.

Riley has made 18 appearances in all competitions for Ryan Lowe’s men this season but his contract situation means he is set for the exit door before the end of January.

He began his career with Bolton Wanderers and he made three Premier League appearances for the club in the 2011-12 season, but his time at the club was hampered by a succession of injuries.

The full-back left the Trotters to join Bury on a free transfer in January 2015 where the full-back rebuilt a career which has seen him play almost 150 games.

Plus it on Sky sport News
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 6:16 pm

Just seen it on sky sports news said His left by mutual consent..didn’t say Argyle have accepted fee from anyone for him
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 6:24 pm

More like done to get him off he wage bill.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 7:56 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Plymouth want Maynard......I hear a bid is incoming soon (Mansfield forum)

Another "pal" of RL with high wages and no resale value!

This sort of deal did Bury no favours and I really can't see the benefit for Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 8:55 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Just seen it on sky sports news said His left by mutual consent..didn’t say Argyle have accepted fee from anyone for him

hes out of contract in the summer obviously not part of ryan's plans so makes sense to just let him go again hopefully with another player coming in before the window closes, however if this was spurs im sure daniel levy would demand £20m for riley forgetting mansfield can sign him for free inthe summer.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 11:36 am

JOE Riley has left Argyle.

The club has agreed to release Joe from his contract after 18 months as a Pilgrim, subject to the usual EFL formalities, allowing him to pursue his career elsewhere, and we would like to place on record our thanks to Joe for his efforts while at Home Park.

Joe arrived at Argyle in the summer of 2018, having left Shrewsbury Town. He made a total of 38 appearances for the Greens, scoring two goals, and was always a popular figure around the club.

Argyle manager Ryan Lowe expressed his thanks to Joe for his efforts in the Green and revealed how his former Bury team-mate played a big part in the gaffer moving to Home Park last summer.

“Joe Riley is leaving to sign for another club,” Ryan. “We would like to thank Joe for all his work; he’s a terrific lad and a terrific player.

“He was a friend before I came here and a big influence on me taking the job, in terms of the discussions I had with him.

“But he’s found himself out of the team, probably through no fault of his own.

“It was only fair that I let him move on and get a contract somewhere else because his contract was up. Me, the staff and the players would like to thank Joe for everything he has done.”

Everyone at Home Park wishes Joe all the very best for the future.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 5:40 pm

watch byron moore or joe edwards get injured now lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 12:49 pm

move to mansfield is now confirmed. Only till the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 1:47 pm

Joe being interview by Mansfield on his singing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Riley has left (or has he?)   Joe Riley has left (or has he?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Joe Riley has left (or has he?)
Page 1 of 1