Earwegoagain
Big Robby
Jethro
Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

2nd incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 6:01 pm

tigertony wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Ankle injury recently? The game is FOOTBALL, can't think of a worst injury - oh well, needs be and I've been wrong before!!

I broke my ankle and had surgery on it 18 months ago it's just about right now, I'd be amazed if he was anything like fully fit.
Ryan taylor was back in 4 months.
I bet you've never as much as turned an ankle in your life, let alone kicked a football in real anger.
Look at Taylor's record over the last 2 to 3 years since he has had ankle problems. He has been fit for half a season at a time, tops. Coming back is one thing, often followed by another lengthy lay off. Do one ankle, and the other takes all the strain, that's how bodies are, Cap'n, especially when you're hitting 30 as a pro footballer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Caravan may well turn out to be a great signing.

But if Michael Keane left Everton to sign for Cardiff and they replaced him with a reject from Southampton you would understand if the Everton fans were pissed off.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 6:20 pm

tigertony wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Ankle injury recently? The game is FOOTBALL, can't think of a worst injury - oh well, needs be and I've been wrong before!!

I broke my ankle and had surgery on it 18 months ago it's just about right now, I'd be amazed if he was anything like fully fit.

Then his ankle broke down meaning he missed the end of the season and we missed the playoffs, FACT.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
So let me get my head around this.

One of our best players has signed for a team that was in L2 last season, rather than staying with a team that just missed out on the play offs and potential championship football.

We have replaced him with a player released by a club who were almost relegated into L2 last season. He also appears to be injury prone and has only played 50 games in 3 years.

Not another one lacking blind faith in miracles?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Released and injured. The two main prerequisites in order to sign for brent's Akkeron Argo.

Cracking replacement for Sonny

Relegation it is then
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 7:06 pm

The cycle continues
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 7:21 pm

Derek building nicely for the forthcoming relegation squad.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 8:49 pm

Hopefully these people with bad injury records and lack of recent games are being brought in primarily as squad players rather than being looked at as direct replacements for departing personnel.

Hopefully What a Face

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 2:24 am

You anti JB/DA lot make me laugh so much! Relegation it is then based on the 2 signings so far! Funny thing is though that you probably just copied and pasted your comments from the last 3 seasons. Now I know you haven't been to HP for years (although I know some of you have) but we have actually improved year-on-year under DA so why not support the club and team? Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 5:12 am

tigertony wrote:
You anti JB/DA lot make me laugh so much! Relegation it is then based on the 2 signings so far! Funny thing is though that you probably just copied and pasted your comments from the last 3 seasons. Now I know you haven't been to HP for years (although I know some of you have) but we have actually improved year-on-year under DA so why not support the club and team? Laughing Laughing  

Bla Bla

Right out of PASOTI. Shaddap and support the lads.

you’ll find very few anti DA posters here, so you’ve made that up for a start..

I think he’s easily the best manager we’ve had since Sturrick MK 1 so at least get that right, I think most are just fed up with the fact he constantly has to fish around in the bargain basement. Most think with the attendances and the I budgeted income he really ought to given more of a chance...

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 5:18 am

Graiser wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:

Tone how dare you deal in facts!

Then he broke down again didn’t he?

Being ‘back’ in football isn’t the same as being fully fit. Most footballers probably operate at about 70/80% through a season, why do think so many of them end up crippled? Also why do you think we ran out of players at the end of the season winning 1 out if our last 6 games?

There’s a fact for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 7:18 am

Reuben Reid also complained of being rushed back too soon, and had to take an extended break. And the top scorer got a derisory offer for his troubles.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 7:34 am

tigertony wrote:

Most on here do support DA and think if he had the backing we'd have had a genuine chance of going up last season. But you know that anyway. It's you're beloved brent that's the problem. Forcing our best players elsewhere with derisory contract offers (see Sonny to Rangers thread) and only funding crocks released by Rochdale as a replacement maybe OK for you brent fans but it's really not OK for us Argo fans.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 8:58 am

Geddon Feathers, cue Graiser and Zyph to offer their not for Brent views.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 am

Freathy wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Most on here do support DA and think if he had the backing we'd have had a genuine chance of going up last season.  But you know that anyway.  It's you're beloved brent that's the problem. Forcing our best players elsewhere with derisory contract offers (see Sonny to Rangers thread) and only funding crocks released by Rochdale as a replacement maybe OK for you brent fans but it's really not OK for us Argo fans.

BRENT OUT NOW

I'm ambivalent about Adams. On one hand he is able, and according to Brent, enjoys working on a small budget to a certain level. But that fact just encourages Brent and Hallet to continue their austerity...cough...shareholder appropriation.
If an Adams departure heralded the backs of the bankers, I'd give Adams a "backie" on my bike down to the railway station and bundle him on the very next train, although it would probably be running late. No worthwhile club I have any interest in will be built with these present owners hanging around sorting out their personal pension/inheritance issues.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 9:53 am

tigertony wrote:

I'm not anti Adams I'm anti Brent and have been ever since he slithered up to HP. Having worked in Union St for a few years it's given me an uncanny ability to spot a wrongun and I was dead right with this character. There is no way I'm supporting his version of the club so I'm boycotting HP until he's gone, barring a couple of games home and away each season. As for who is the biggest supporter then of late it's you (if we can believe you go at all) but I'd bet a pound to a pinch of Nool stool that I've seen way, way more games than you over the years.
As for you crowing about our success of the last few years and how we got it wrong it's total bullshit. We warned that due to the lack of squad depth and signing crocks we'd struggle last year and we did. The start was the worst in living memory and then the non event of the January window where we just sold Jervis with no time to replace him made us fizzle out at the end and cost us what should have been nailed on playoff spot.
If you seriously believe that letting our player of the season leave to join a competitor in our own league makes good business sense then it speaks volumes about you. Nothing better than a nodding donkey, the type that is helping to keep Britain shite, don't worry is the cry, it could always be worse, it soon will be believe me.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 9:55 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Bla Bla

Right out of PASOTI. Shaddap and support the lads.

you’ll find very few anti DA posters here, so you’ve made that up for a start..

I think he’s easily the best manager we’ve had since Sturrick MK 1 so at least get that right, I think most are just fed up with the fact he constantly has to fish around in the bargain basement. Most think with the attendances and the I budgeted income he really ought to given more of a chance...

Spot on.

I recall not too long ago Brent saying Argyle would have a bit more transfer budget money this season.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 10:01 am

If we have a start to the season like last year the new directors box will be getting some shite thrown their way, it's going to be an interesting season.
Hang on I can hear an ambulance, another player down for a medical?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Bradley is out of contract so if another club make him an offer then do we just carry on increasing our offer/s. At some stage DA will say ''let him go'' and will bring in someone else. As for JB - well I can't really change the fact that he's in the driving seat so I just get on with my life.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 6:20 pm

A weaker team is a better team eh?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Not if you sign a better player or make a lesser player a better player. Coaching!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 10:17 pm

You can't polish a turd.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 11:33 pm

tigertony wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Not if you sign a better player or make a lesser player a better player. Coaching!

So presumably if the "coaching" fails and Argyle struggle this season, then the buck will stop with Adams?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 9:03 am

Let's use an analogy that Tone would understand.
There are two navies, one has been prudently supported by the junta and boasts new frigates and gunships a large aircraft carrier manned by elite highly trained crews.
Then you have facing them a couple of second hand gun boats, rusty and aging it will be a miracle if a lot of them make it through this campaign, staffed by a load of scurvy dogs with no real allegiance to anybody lest of all each other.
Is there any reason whatsoever you would like to be part of Navy B even if Adams was in charge?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 3:45 pm

tigertony wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

There isn’t much coaching you can do to on the physics table, which is where these lot will be spending most of their one year at Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2nd incoming
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: