Jethro
Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 10:13 am

ARGYLE have further bolstered their defensive options with the signing of free agent central defender Niall Canavan.

Canavan has left Rochdale, who released the 27-year-old after an injury-hit season. Surgery to his ankle in November meant a premature end to Canavan’s campaign, cutting him off at just 38 appearances for Dale.

Canavan’s first club was Scunthorpe, where he spent 12 years as a boy and a man, playing nearly 175 times. During that time, he earned a reputation as a regular goalscorer, chipping in regularly to net 16 times in his time at Scunthorpe.

The Iron loaned Niall to Rochdale in February 2016, where he did enough to earn a permanent deal that summer.

Despite being born in Yorkshire, Niall has seven Republic of Ireland under-21 caps to his name.

Welcome, Niall.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 10:14 am

Thats sonny gone then... with a crock replacement
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 10:34 am

Useful Championship and League One experienced central defender who had an injury recently. Could be descent if hes fully fit. Does look like Sonnys replacement though
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 10:35 am

Welcome to the Home Park home for injured football players.
Back to top Go down

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 10:37 am

Ankle injury recently? The game is FOOTBALL, can't think of a worst injury - oh well, needs be and I've been wrong before!!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Ankle injury recently? The game is FOOTBALL, can't think of a worst injury - oh well, needs be and I've been wrong before!!

I broke my ankle and had surgery on it 18 months ago it's just about right now, I'd be amazed if he was anything like fully fit.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 10:48 am

I wonder who done the medical on this one another injury ravaged signing ffs good luck at the theatre of schemes your certainly gunna need it that’s forsure
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 11:12 am

Were also linked with signing Joe Riley. I looked him up and thought it would be a great signing but it was the wrong Joe Riley. This guys been at Shrewsbury recently but just check out his injuries [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 11:14 am

Reckon Adams must have scouts in all the hospitals, no doubt Brent can supply a few wee gems via his running of the Health care services.
Back to top Go down

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 11:23 am

A player with a knackered ankle, deemed not good enough for a Rochdale side who missed relegation by a point.

Brilliant.
Back to top Go down

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 11:35 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Reckon Adams must have scouts in all the hospitals, no doubt Brent can supply a few wee gems via his running of the Health care services.

Brent must have a deal going with the surgeons, Nice little earner I reckon.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Greenarmy99 from the Farm starting to twig...

"Do we ever sign anyone who hasn’t been out injured most of the season."
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 12:37 pm

We're going on a Crusade, Brent's Hospitaliers to the fore, give no quarter and believe in miracles!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 12:50 pm

ffs
Feck off Brent
Back to top Go down

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 2:55 pm

Another injury prone crock. If this is Bradleys replacement we are totally fecked.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 2:56 pm

FFS...This just gets better & better jeez
It was bad enough when we were signing free agents and scraping bottom of the barrel signings nobody wants I didn’t think we could get much lower but it clearly has
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 3:16 pm

I will only judge this player when I have seen him in action and if Adams believes the lad has somethig about him, then so be it.

It is bizarre though that Argyle attract "sicknotes" like shit attracts flies.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 3:57 pm

ARGYLE’S second signing in two days described a familiar tale as he spoke of his knowledge of Derek Adams’ interest in him.

Niall Canavan has now become a Pilgrim, but has known of his new manager’s awareness in him for some time. Adams interest in the defender goes back to the end of the last campaign and it is evident that feeling has been reciprocated.

Niall said “I would be lying if I said I didn’t keep an eye on the results last season and in particular the re-arranged fixture at Rochdale .The boys knew Plymouth were hot at the time as they had won how ever many in a row.

“I was really impressed that night and it only furthered my interest, I knew it was somewhere I wanted to go.

“The manager was interested and this is somewhere that I have always known I would like to come down to. I have been impressed with what I’ve seen so far. Circumstances with things at home and the family made it maybe not the best idea at one point but I’m glad to be here.”

The 27 year-old hails from Leeds and has spent the majority of his playing days in League One, mostly with Scunthorpe United, a brief loan spell at Shrewsbury Town and most recently, Rochdale.

The defender has represented Ireland at under-21 level as he qualifies though his Irish Grandparents and made it clear that he is someone who prides himself on clean sheets as he reflected on his time at Scunthorpe.

“Clean sheets are my job,” he said, “to get in the way of stuff basically and hopefully there’s many to come. I think we kept 24 clean sheets one year [at Scunthorpe] so that was something we were good at. I had a great time there, met so many good people and I was lucky to have had some good managers while I was there as well. I saw some good and bad times there, but more good than bad.”

The Yorkshireman knows his experience in this division will be very important, as he becomes a Pilgrim.

“It is good to have that experience of League One,” he said. ”It’s always going to be beneficial. I’ve seen good and bad in this league over the years but I have had some good memories and hopefully I can create some more now.”

Canavan admits last season was a frustrating one as an ankle complaint ended his season prematurely but has declared himself “fighting fit and ready” ahead of the new season.

He will also be re-introduced to a former Iron teammate in Jamie Ness, who Niall says has already been in touch to offer advice and warn him of a gruelling pre-season regime.

Canavan said: “I spoke to Jamie Ness last week so I know about the training regime; he gave me a bit of a lowdown on it but from other things I’ve found online I know it will be tough, he’s not the only one to say it!

“A hard pre-season only puts us in better shape for what’s to come.”

Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 4:16 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenarmy99 from the Farm starting to twig...

"Do we ever sign anyone who hasn’t been out injured most of the season."

Mr Greenarmy will soon be having log in problems
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 5:07 pm

Yet another Church type injury prone joke signing, how the fvck can anyone who is an argo fan claim this is any but shocking ?. is the budget really that shit?........... Brent Out.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:

I broke my ankle and had surgery on it 18 months ago it's just about right now, I'd be amazed if he was anything like fully fit.
Ryan taylor was back in 4 months.
Back to top Go down

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 pm

tigertony wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:

Ryan taylor was back in 4 months.

Tone how dare you deal in facts!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 5:16 pm

Good signing - has played at championship level. Think he's right footed so possibly not SB's replacement if SB goes. Wasn't Lammy supposed to be GC10's replacement? Trust in DA who has actually improved us season on season in case those that don't go didn't know. Laughing
Back to top Go down

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 5:41 pm

So let me get my head around this.

One of our best players has signed for a team that was in L2 last season, rather than staying with a team that just missed out on the play offs and potential championship football.

We have replaced him with a player released by a club who were almost relegated into L2 last season. He also appears to be injury prone and has only played 50 games in 3 years.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Never thought the day would come when Plymouth Argyle were reduced to looking through Rochdale's dustbin for players, is this what seven years of the Brentmare has come to ?......... Brent Out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2nd incoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd incoming   2nd incoming Empty

Back to top Go down

2nd incoming
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: