Go down 
+2
Jethro
Tgwu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Argyle  resigned KYLE Letheren Empty
PostSubject: Argyle resigned KYLE Letheren    Argyle  resigned KYLE Letheren EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 4:47 pm

KYLE Letheren has signed a new Argyle contract.

The goalkeeper was among several out-of-contract players to whom we offered a new deal, and he has indicated his willingness to stay by signing on the dotted line.

Kyle became a Pilgrim for the second time - following a four-month gameless spell as a back-up goalkeeper in 2009-10 - in September 2017, signing as a free agent. He soon got a chance to play, with Luke McCormick injured, and made his belated debut in a battling 1-0 defeat at eventual champions Wigan.

Letheren saved a penalty in a winning shoot-out against Exeter in the Checkatrade Trophy, but in his sixth game, against Blackburn Rovers, he was withdrawn because of injury.

Kyle returned, following a long spell out, to the Argyle bench in February, then deputised for an injured Remi Matthews in a win against Peterborough and a clean-sheet draw against Portsmouth.

"I'm delighted to have agreed a new deal," said Kyle. "I feel I was just getting settled in the team before my injury last season, and feel like I still have unfinished business at Argyle.

"After the success of last season, staying was a simple decision for me. I just want now to stay injury-free and fight for the number one spot."

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argyle resigned KYLE Letheren    Argyle  resigned KYLE Letheren EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 4:49 pm

Well thats Him and Cooper as the main keepers and a youngster as back up to them.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle resigned KYLE Letheren    Argyle  resigned KYLE Letheren EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 5:13 pm

I think Letheren is OK and Cooper is gaining a reputation but all done on the cheap though innit.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle resigned KYLE Letheren    Argyle  resigned KYLE Letheren EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 5:50 pm

That really is stretching "incoming" to breaking point.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Argyle resigned KYLE Letheren    Argyle  resigned KYLE Letheren EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 6:58 pm

remember lads all this good news will lead to a even worse piece of bad news. Brent thinks no one can spot his pr stunt a mile off.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle resigned KYLE Letheren    Argyle  resigned KYLE Letheren EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 7:12 pm

Surely they can’t be going with him as our number 1 keeper :Suicide:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle resigned KYLE Letheren    Argyle  resigned KYLE Letheren EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 7:26 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Surely they can’t be going with him as our number 1 keeper :Suicide:

Nahh hes a good, solid and reliable backup at best i firmly believe del is looking for a number one. Hopefully Matthews but im not holding out for that.

Last edited by Angry on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TJOA

PostSubject: Re: Argyle resigned KYLE Letheren    Argyle  resigned KYLE Letheren EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 7:33 pm

I guess he's cheap, saving money for the number 1.
Unless the number 1 is a season long loanee, I expect he wont be much better.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle resigned KYLE Letheren    Argyle  resigned KYLE Letheren EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 7:45 pm

His only ever been a number 2 in his career would like to see Matthews back on a season long if possible
But if not what happened to the other keeper Roo’s he wernt to bad either who’s he playing for now
Back to top Go down
TJOA

PostSubject: Re: Argyle resigned KYLE Letheren    Argyle  resigned KYLE Letheren EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 7:48 pm

RegGreen wrote:
His only ever been a number 2 in his career would like to see Matthews back on a season long if possible
But if not what happened to the other keeper Roo’s he wernt to bad either who’s he playing for now

Derby, Confirmed as still under contract there in their retained list.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle resigned KYLE Letheren    Argyle  resigned KYLE Letheren EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 7:59 pm

TJOA wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Derby, Confirmed as still under contract there in their retained list.
maybe a loan option there as well maybe (if not in 1st team plans)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle resigned KYLE Letheren    Argyle  resigned KYLE Letheren Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle resigned KYLE Letheren
Page 1 of 1