argyl3
Czarcasm
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

England World Cup Squad - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: England World Cup Squad   England World Cup Squad - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
I cant think of one player not in the squad who should be in it though so its the best weve got. Oxlaid and Lalana if they were fit maybe? Should still get through the group but I reckon Belgium will outclass us so it will be 2nd spot at best and that could mean playing a top side in the knock out stage and it will be all over. The only good news is our youth sides are doing really well so there is some talent coming through

Welcome big Robby, Oxlade would have been a definite, the nearest to him is um Welbeck Crying or Very sad

Not much midfield guile in there, Would have like to have seen a left field choice like Shelvey just to offer another option.

I would have taken JonJo myself.

the Defence for me is so average it will be exposed against teams that like to attack.

3 goalies and 2 of them have been involved in relegation scraps all season and let in a crazy amount of goals. Pope at least has earnt his call up in my eyes

WHich two? Butland was relegated although the number of saves he made (142) was the highest in the league. Pope and Pickford played for teams who finished 7th & 8yj. The big problem for me is the defence with Stones (now 4th choice CB at Man City, Cahill who despite a recent run of form has been exposed with JT alongside him and Jones who isnt a particularly easy on the eye either

Jones just doesn’t look like a footballer. He always looks like his next awkward looking fall will lead to his next injury - which a lot of the time it does. In the same vein, Maguire - who was watching England from the stands with his mates at Euro2016, looks exactly like.....someone you’d expect to see in the stands at Russia2018.

My expectations for this particular World Cup are the lowest they’ve ever been.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England World Cup Squad   England World Cup Squad - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2018 6:59 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
I'd be playing this side if all fit

Keeper

Walker                                              Rose

Another                 Another

Henderson              Dier

Ali                  Sterling                Vardy

Kane

Despite picking Henderson and Dier personally dont like them but Southgate clearly does
That front four can blow away any defence

Alli i wouldnt have taken to the world cup. Totally over rated and has had a poor season by all accounts.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: England World Cup Squad   England World Cup Squad - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 11:46 am

^^^

Only game I saw Dele Ali live this season was against Everton where he showboated throughout the game and reduced Everton to a shambles witness the final score
He will start am certain of it first game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England World Cup Squad   England World Cup Squad - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 12:28 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
^^^

Only game I saw Dele Ali live this season was against Everton where he showboated throughout the game and reduced Everton to a shambles witness the final score
He will start am certain of it first game

He was virtually useless in the last 2 international friendlies and virtually useless other than patches for Spurss this season. There reamin converns over his atitude and diving.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: England World Cup Squad   England World Cup Squad - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 7:39 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Think we'll do ok, quarters as per, semis with the wind behind us Embarassed

England reaching the last 8 seems about right, making the last four would be truly something.

I can't see Russia doing mush as hosts, I hope they get knocked out early on.

The big five will start as favourites, followed by the handful of outsiders.

There will be a surprise or two in store, there always is in these tournaments.

I am looking forward to the World Cup.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England World Cup Squad   England World Cup Squad - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

England World Cup Squad
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2