Les Miserable
Tgwu
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 10:11 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Was there any reason given as to why Blocks 19 & 20 weren't being opened despite a clear demand for it?

Am sure the board would love to make a few more bucks, but the police would advise otherwise, given those Pompey fans can be a bit naughty sometimes.

Its unlike the club to hide behind "police advice", when Police have advised no such thing. Besides I didn't see any closed off bloacks at the Etihad on Sunday.

On the relevant thread on the farm someone stated that the two blocks were because of police advice. I reckon the truth is that if we had to open anther block the policing bill would rise. Brent did all his fan moving at the start of his tenure with this in mind. I'm sure that the families being moved to Zoo corner are part of this plan.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 10:38 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Was there any reason given as to why Blocks 19 & 20 weren't being opened despite a clear demand for it?

Am sure the board would love to make a few more bucks, but the police would advise otherwise, given those Pompey fans can be a bit naughty sometimes.

Its unlike the club to hide behind "police advice", when Police have advised no such thing. Besides I didn't see any closed off bloacks at the Etihad on Sunday.

On the relevant thread on the farm someone stated that the two blocks were because of police advice. I reckon the truth is that if we had to open anther block the policing bill would rise.

Thats not accurate. Assuming all additional customers were pay on the day (obviously they would be at this moment in time if opened today) the net income per supporter on average by Starnes own words is £12.50 per ticket (season 2016/17).....that includes the associated costs of vat expenses stewards policing the lot

Something seriously wrong with this club or its on Police advice

TGWU indicated the blocks not being used average 530 seats which if my maths is correct is £6,625 per block that is being thrown away
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 10:44 am

Yep, the segregation and the move of the family area to the zoo was all discussed on here at the time, the families were the "human shield". And next up, the "disabled" stand is going to be the new "human shield" for the new directors' box once it moves down into the stalls, well nearly in the stalls. It's almost an attempt at gentrification, with a free coke on your way in. Lovely  jocolor I'm not necessarily against gentrification in some areas if it's a natural progression, when I was given the choice, I lived in Bath, not Twerton. But this is football, and this sort of engineering is being pushed by one, possibly two men who aren't even football people.
Todd, another non football person, did something half related when he played the Blaydon Races for our opposition Newcastle at Home Park, as we trudged off the pitch having been relegated that night out of the championship. I was astonished. Charming, and just so he could show a nice friendly non-partisan image to the tv audience and up his world cup chances. Didn't do him any good, did it. And people wonder why these creeps aren't trusted. Very similar to insurance companies dominating areas of our culture when nobody elected them. They just refuse cover for events they don't like. In fact, I'm surprised that excuse hasn't been used by Brent yet. Maybe the next time.
These big games are all about atmosphere and a bit of edge. God knows there are enough paltry miserable boring half empty depressing games at Home Park. Stadiums are meant to be full to the brim. It has a licence to be full.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 11:56 am

Even the Old Firm derby has only about 5 rows, FFS.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 2:02 pm

P.O.I wrote:

A few rows either side of them are some of the hardest, tooled up women and children in the world. The police aren't needed there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 5:14 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Police are scared.
more like jimmys scared shit scared he would have to pay extra police costs more like
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

A few rows either side of them are some of the hardest, tooled up women and children in the world. The police aren't needed there. Very Happy
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 2:02 pm

More tickets released for block 19 (despite the club facing HUGE extra security costs!!!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 2:17 pm

The porkmeister wrote...

"I really feel for Pompey fans. When we (unusually) at Fratton Park earlier in the season at least we could drive back to Britain's Ocean City.

Think of them on Saturday evening. Poor, poor sods"

Village idiot geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 2:39 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
More tickets released for block 19 (despite the club facing HUGE extra security costs!!!)

Surprise surprise, either the club are ignoring "police advice" or there was no "police advice" in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 3:06 pm

I wonder whether they will open enough turnstiles to get everybody inside for kickoff? This is the thing that really grips my shit and stops me from attending the big matches.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Even Newells farm slating the amateurish way this club goes about everything
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Surprise surprise, either the club are ignoring "police advice" or there was no "police advice" in the first place.

There was never any advice from 5 O. Bleddy convenient excuse though, init!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 4:22 pm

It has got better to be fair from the days of Torquay on boxing day with 100s missing the first half because Jimmy had only put on 2 turnstile operators
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 4:30 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
The porkmeister wrote...

"I really feel for Pompey fans. When we (unusually) at Fratton Park earlier in the season at least we could drive back to Britain's Ocean City.

Village idiot geek
what a twat ..this ocean city nonsense/shit really grips my gears it ain’t NO Ocean you fat brainless dimlow!! Even with my GCSE In Geography grade D even I know it’s the F%[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] English Channel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Pig
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 5:05 pm

P.O.I wrote:
I'm wondering if Argo has the biggest segregated area in the football league?

If so, how embarrassing! So, would that be Argo unable to control the peasants? Unwilling to pay the OB invoice? Brent conditioning the masses for downsizing? or D&C's finest, who are more geared to rescuing cats from trees and herding sheep for drenching (farming terminology), so feck off Tiger Tone!

Too right.

A line of stewards and a line D&C would have sufficed to keep the fans apart. There is cctv all over the place so any bother would be on film.

Anyway, I am in Block 15 and looking forward to this match, it could be a classic in Dockyard Derby history ?.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 6:31 pm

With 19 open ... any embarrassment is thankfully reduced.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

Where does the link say 'huge' - or is it me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 6:50 pm

It's been implied, and mentioned by the club for years, as you well know. The club have relented because of forums like this one, and freechat, who have taken the club to task on what is frankly paranoia and a lack of desire to satisfy fan demand even though the stadium has the seats. On a par with Scunthorpe not covering their pitch.

Sometimes you have to pay for extra policing. That's life, that's the overheads of holding professional football matches. The club needs to get out of it's frightened rabbit austere conservative rugby union mindset. If Brent had his way, there wouldn't be an outdoor Summer festival left in the country apart from Henley. Policing and traffic control are a cost of running a public mass event. If I do have a concern about extra policing, it is that the demands of PAFC take away from the resources deployed to make the rest of our community safe away from Home Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
The porkmeister wrote...

Village idiot geek
Love for one or two of the Pompey fans to see that and 'have a word' with the voice of the silent majority on Saturday! Handbags
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Nik wrote:
Nah, the embarrassment is still hanging around the DB popcorn
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 9:04 pm

''I'm not a Mod, but I've cut a load of guff out (including one of my own Embarassed) and put in Terraces.

I've also deleted one of the Pompey fans (SoP), far too gobby for his own good''.

Our friend on the farm. Not a mod.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 9:19 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Nik wrote:
Nah, the embarrassment is still hanging around the DB popcorn

I go where I want Paul. I don't hang around anywhere. Thought you knew me better than that mate.

Last edited by Nik on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 10:00 pm

PatDunne wrote:
''I'm not a Mod, but I've cut a load of guff out (including one of my own Embarassed) and put in Terraces.

I've also deleted one of the Pompey fans (SoP), far too gobby for his own good''.

Our friend on the farm. Not a mod.

Dear oh dear. One minute he's telling his apostles he's not a mod then this (above). Then he's telling us you can say what you on Pistwati, it won't get deleted (see above) laugh

Comedy gold from De-Lar's master.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning on Portsmouth tickets   Warning on Portsmouth tickets - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Warning on Portsmouth tickets
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next