Chemical Ali
Greenskin
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not the best picture, on my phone whilst driving a taxi, but you have to laugh. Apparently it's the latest from their commercial dept; a deal from Co-op Funeral Care.

You're all doomed I tell ya!

Never mind anything else, but would any sane Greek really want their last journey to be in a ECFC Coffin??
Back to top Go down

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Now if the GTs done funerals......................

One for the Trust maybe?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:52 pm

I think Argyle did their own funerals at one time,around about the early Stapes years as i recall.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:53 pm

I think Argyle have offered this for a few years- i've seen it advertised at the funeral place on exeter street next to the garage and the wedding suit shop (pronuptua?)
Back to top Go down
a39er

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:55 pm

They did - possibly still do - have a deal with the Co-op to do Argyle themed funerals. I imagine they do them for most clubs: same standard template, just change the colours.

I wouldn't use them just because it's the Co-op. They are always a disaster. For local funerals you can't do better than Wally Parsons Wink
Back to top Go down

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:01 pm

I like the idea of the coffin but where can we get a flag from?...................Oh errr, ang on!

How about a Death Fest?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:25 pm

I believe that under that beautiful red and white cover is the very coffin that saw its first nail driven in at SJP last April, fortunately the red and white fits in well with the rest of the nails so ably hammered home by Southampton.

Just a shame that we shall be unable to help you along on your way to the BSP, but you seem to be doing a pretty fair job on your own.
Back to top Go down

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:30 pm

It's blue, it's square and we ain't going there until it's mathematically impossible!

But I like your thinking Tis.

Are you going to Shef Weds next Sat?????
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Are you going to Shef Weds next Sat?????

No home games for me this season and probably not until Tisdale moves on to bigger and better things, we are so dull and lacking in anything remotely resembling spirit I can find little enthusiasm for making the effort, Bournemouth Tuesday night will just be purgatory, freezing cold and played off the park as usual.

I just wish I had been born in Plymouth so I could have supported Man Utd.
Back to top Go down

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Where's the rofl smiley?

I've got free hospitality, so I might as well have a free nosebag and watch a decent team!!

Where are you then Tis if no home games?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:09 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

Where's the rofl smiley?

I've got free hospitality, so I might as well have a free nosebag and watch a decent team!!

Where are you then Tis if no home games?

No idea what a rofl smiley is and it is nice of you to refer to ECFC as a decent team, or was that what is known in some places as irony ?

I scrape a living in the great metropolis that is London so the trip to Sid James is an effort requiring at the very least some incentive, Tisdale's selections and tactics just aren't enough.

Don't mind the away games so much, we are still awful but they are generally a good craic.
Back to top Go down

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Tis, when someone is feeding me, I am the biggest tart!

Seriously, I have been walking out of Sjp and rejoicing at Plymouth victories, literally as it comes over the tannoy - admittedly not often!! The response from the City fans is often complimentary. My belief is most of Sjp don't want Argyle to fall out of the league. Bad for Devon!!
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:25 pm

Lord Tisdale, i'm going to join these sad fuckers down gnome park tomorrow.Should be a laugh
Back to top Go down

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:39 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Lord Tisdale, i'm going to join these sad fuckers down gnome park tomorrow.Should be a laugh

So the boy's for turning! First he leaves Exeweb. Now he's choosing to watch the old enemy. I wouldn't be surprised if he was really a Green all these years and is now simply coming out of the closet. I always thought you were a man of taste. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:44 pm

knecht wrote:
downthetrack wrote:

So the boy's for turning! First he leaves Exeweb. Now he's choosing to watch the old enemy. I wouldn't be surprised if he was really a Green all these years and is now simply coming out of the closet. I always thought you were a man of taste. Very Happy
I have always come down two or three times a year to watch you mugs.For a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:39 am

That picture rivals The Trachiniae (Sophocles) as my least favourite Greek Tragedy.

FWIW, Aias Mastigophorous is a personal fave.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:45 am

knecht wrote:
downthetrack wrote:

Knecht, DTT has red blood. He is on an undercover mission to get to understand thy enemy. He will stand out like a sore thumb. Suave and debonair he will be intelligent and articulate. When offered a Ron Dewdney pastie he will be heard to mutter, "what is this shit", "Ivor is king", "bring me the head of Alfredo Porkus!"

The only green associated with DTT, is the green in his back garden, the same green he stands on and lets his pet dog crap on each morning.

Be strong DTT, there are devils in Plymouth trying to entice you to the dark side.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:45 am

The Red Star wrote:
knecht wrote:
downthetrack wrote:

Knecht, DTT has red blood. He is on an undercover mission to get to understand thy enemy. He will stand out like a sore thumb. Suave and debonair he will be intelligent and articulate. When offered a Ron Dewdney pastie he will be heard to mutter, "what is this shit", "Ivor is king", "bring me the head of Alfredo Porkus!"

The only green associated with DTT, is the green in his back garden, the same green he stands on and lets his pet dog crap on each morning.

Be strong DTT, there are devils in Plymouth trying to entice you to the dark side.

I'll never be a green,Red, as long as my arse points to the ground.
Must admit i'm look forward to the day out though

Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Cerbera wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not the best picture, on my phone whilst driving a taxi, but you have to laugh. Apparently it's the latest from their commercial dept; a deal from Co-op Funeral Care.

You're all doomed I tell ya!

Never mind anything else, but would any sane Greek really want their last journey to be in a ECFC Coffin??

As befits a funeral, and as it should match their itchy polyester kit, shouldn't there be a bit of black in there?
Back to top Go down

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:48 pm

It does make you wonder if it's a good move on the part of the funeral directors, as they seem to have put all their eggs in one basket with that window display. As city have average gates of 270 they have totally shunned the possibility of anyone from the met office dying soon by not having clouds, snow or fog symbols on show.
sunny
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:57 pm

It's certainly a display that Selfridges would be proud of. You have to be a 'creative male' to carry off a window scene like this one.
Back to top Go down

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Welcome to ATD Paul. Hope you like using it.
Death is no small thing.
Here's a 'creative' experience...... how long did they take to make those hats? :-
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Do Argo still do the funeral package thing? I think it was called the 'final whistle' package Laughing
Back to top Go down

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Freathy wrote:
Do Argo still do the funeral package thing? I think it was called the 'final whistle' package Laughing

Yep, but it's now called a season ticket.
Back to top Go down

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Yep, but it's now called a season ticket.

In the FV area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greek Tragedy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greek Tragedy?   Greek Tragedy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Greek Tragedy?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next