Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ? Empty
PostSubject: Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ?   Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 11:38 am

Gary has been receiving good feedback over the last few games about his role as team captain, personally I think he is a good choice given his commitment to Argyle and his extensive experience playing for the club. Apart from the Wombles game he has been playing well. It looks like Mc Cormick may be out for the rest of the season so for me Gary should continue and is doing a reasonable job I always think it's better to have an outfield player as captain anyway.
Any thoughts anyone? cheers
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ?   Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 11:47 am

Now certainly ain’t the time to upset the apple cart in terms of captaincy. Of the current 11 Sawyer is a steady Eddie captains pick. The other obvious candidate would be Bradley. What’s a tad ironic is that these two were Argyles worst performers Tuesday night.

I actually never in a million years thought I’d be saying this, but the last few games has thrown up another wildcard candidate though....Sarcevic Shocked Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ?   Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 12:08 pm

sawyer is vice captain so it will remain with him till at least the end of the season. Next season i see a new captain being named as i dont see McCormick keeping the armband that he should ever have been given in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ?   Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 12:48 pm

That if he is picked. I saw him give the armband to Sonny on Tuesday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ?   Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Tgwu wrote:

yeah cause he came off the pitch, its the standard practise.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ?   Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 3:24 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Good point. His lack of pace was exposed cruelly by Taylor against Wimbledon-not sure if Oxford have a speedy right midfielder/attacker of a similar type. Definitely wouldn't change the captaincy for any other reason though, seems to have worked OK in recent times.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ?   Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

yeah cause he came off the pitch, its the standard practise.

Sure he was coming off, I just point out Sonny was given the armband he may be next in line

Quote from Brent rag

Gary Sawyer will continue to captain Plymouth Argyle when they take on Oxford United at the Kassam Stadium on Saturday.

The 32-year-old had played every minute of every game in League One this season until the midweek 4-2 victory over AFC Wimbledon.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ?   Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 11:57 pm

He's kicked on since last year, think its just due to having to earn the LB spot not just get it cause hes the only LB here like he was playing end of last season
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ?   Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gary Sawyer - should he continue as team captain ?
Page 1 of 1