Jon L
Clydefrog
mouldyoldgoat
sufferedsince 68
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 9:49 pm

mandela wrote:
This is a rumour regarding Jake Jervis.  A mate (who I trust) apparently overheard this story from an Argyle youth coach at Marjon.  I can't vouch that this is true, but it does sound plausible. Make of it what you will.

The story I heard is that Jervis wanted a new contract in the summer as he was in his last year of his contract.  Adams wanted to keep Jervis and told his agent that he would ask the board to organise an extended deal.  However, this was never sorted out because Stearnes insisted on waiting until the end of the season.  By November, Jervis's agent had enough and said that his player wanted to look for a new club in the january transfer window.  This prompted Adams to drop Jervis in favour of Lameris (it was not a football decision).  Argyle knew at the beginning of January that jervis was leaving-  it was just a question of which club.  Although the transfer was finalised on the last day of the season, this was only because jervis was negotiating with more than one club and hung on to the last minute to get the best deal.   Argyle had known since November that he was leaving- it was not a surprise as was claimed in the Herald.  The unfortunate thing was that Adams wanted to keep jervis and had he been able to offer him a contract then he would still be an Argyle player.

As I say, i don't know if its true but it sounds plausible.

Id say there is grounds for truth in that, the club dont like doing contract talks till right at the last minute and Del would have wanted to keep jevis here as he is a good player and jake cerain had no reason to want to move on.
Back to top Go down

Rate Brents January Transfer Window.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3