mouldyoldgoat
sufferedsince 68
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 11:05 pm

Angry wrote:
confirmed now jake has gone.no one coming in.

furious

I'm beyond getting angry now its upsetting whats going on , That theres only a few of us can see whats going on, we are a mess.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 12:42 am

Well there it is.

I suppose that he case for the defence is:

Blissett? We took a punt on him but it didn't come off and he's clearly not up to scratch a division higher up which is why he has ended up at Macclesfield.

£125K for Jervis is good business for a player on the fringes of the XI and out of contract soon and he wants to go anyway.

No tears to be spilled for Sokolik or Wylde going because they were lucky to make the bench so we might as well save on their wages.

Diagouraga? Nothing to be done because he wanted to be nearer his family.

We're saving money by not paying 5 salaries and we got a decent fee for Jervis too. The financial case is unanswerable.

The case for the prosecution:

We have signed a completely unknown West Ham youngster who has never started a first XI game anywhere. Presumably he is to fill in for Diagouraga but that is a huge ask of the lad. Maybe he will.

The others? Simon Church is unlikely to start a game because the lone striker's shirt is Taylor's. Mind you apart from them we only have the lad Fletcher as a striking option. It's a good job we only play one up front because we are paper thin.

Vyner? Well who knows? Another youngster who has big boots to fill because he is obviously meant to cover Edwards (effectively another "out" but not on the balance sheet). Apart from him we only have Bradley and Songo'o with the best youngster, Bentley (broken leg), effectively another off sheet departure. Paper thin there too.

Matthews is in but Roos is out. Kind of neutral there but Letheren looks like an off sheet gain.

Our best starting XI has lost Edwards, Roos, Diagouraga and, arguably, Jervis. It has gained Matthews. We can't really say any of the other arrivals are 1st XI starters yet. So the XI is weaker.

Jervis, Blissett and Wylde were often benchers so the subs are weaker.

We haven't added either numbers or obvious quality, and have probably reduced both.

All it'll take is a suspension or injury or two and we are right in the mire.

Let's hope we've done enough to stay up already.

There's not even the slightest of cases to be made to say that this window has moved us forward as a team but an extremely powerful one that we have simply thrown the towel in as a corprorate entity trying to build a team. There's nothing progressive here. Nothing you can point to as being a "footballing decision". This is at best simple austerity and at worse it is now the playing staff that are being asset stripped because there's feck all left elsewhere to monetise.

I really do look forward to Nooly and co making the case for how this is all feckin wonderful for the club, the owner, the manager, the team and the fans because I can't see it anywhere.

So much for "the funds are in place to strengthen if Adams wants to" (of course he feckin wants to), eh?

This has all the signs of a club that has simply given up on the season. I bet those who even half-seriously mentioned the play-offs are pretty feckin pig-sick because the play-offs aren't even a dot on the horizon now.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 3:35 am

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
confirmed now jake has gone.no one coming in.

furious

I'm beyond getting angry now its upsetting whats going on , That theres only a few of us can see whats going on, we are a mess.

There are a lot Jethro but many especially on freechat are afraid of legal repercussions by coming out openly and calling him a shyster.  I make great strides however in coming right out with it over his appalling business record of bankruptcies liquidations and closures.
He's a lying fraud and a loathsome creature.

Piss off Brent you leech and parasite
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 5:12 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Well there it is.

Blissett? We took a punt on him but it didn't come off and he's clearly not up to scratch a division higher up which is why he has ended up at Macclesfield.

£125K for Jervis is good business for a player on the fringes of the XI and out of contract soon and he wants to go anyway.

No tears to be spilled for Sokolik or Wylde going because they were lucky to make the bench so we might as well save on their wages.

We're saving money by not paying 5 salaries and we got a decent fee for Jervis too. The financial case is unanswerable.

We have signed a completely unknown West Ham youngster who has never started a first XI game anywhere. Presumably he is to fill in for Diagouraga but that is a huge ask of the lad. Maybe he will.

The others? Simon Church is unlikely to start a game because the lone striker's shirt is Taylor's. Mind you apart from them we only have the lad Fletcher as a striking option. It's a good job we only play one up front because we are paper thin.

Vyner? Well who knows? Another youngster who has big boots to fill because he is obviously meant to cover Edwards (effectively another "out" but not on the balance sheet). Apart from him we only have Bradley and Songo'o with the best youngster, Bentley (broken leg), effectively another off sheet departure. Paper thin there too.

Matthews is in but Roos is out. Kind of neutral there but Letheren looks like an off sheet gain.

Our best starting XI has lost Edwards, Roos, Diagouraga and, arguably, Jervis. It has gained Matthews. We can't really say any of the other arrivals are 1st XI starters yet. So the XI is weaker.

We haven't added either numbers or obvious quality, and have probably reduced both.

There's not even the slightest of cases to be made to say that this window has moved us forward as a team but an extremely powerful one that we have simply thrown the towel in as a corprorate entity trying to build a team. There's nothing progressive here. Nothing you can point to as being a "footballing decision". This is at best simple austerity and at worse it is now the playing staff that are being asset stripped because there's feck all left elsewhere to monetise.

I really do look forward to Nooly and co making the case for how this is all feckin wonderful for the club, the owner, the manager, the team and the fans because I can't see it anywhere.

So much for "the funds are in place to strengthen if Adams wants to" (of course he feckin wants to), eh?

This has all the signs of a club that has simply given up on the season. I bet those who even half-seriously mentioned the play-offs are pretty feckin pig-sick because the play-offs aren't even a dot on the horizon now.

Except offering him better money on a longer term contract.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 8:27 am

Jakes own words (reportedly) from the rag today on joining Luton :
“I’m extremely happy to be here. It’s been a long time coming since the summer when things didn’t happen, but I’m very happy to be here now,” he told the club’s website.
“It fills you with confidence to know a manager actually wants you and going forward it’s something that makes you think ‘Yeah, I can settle in, the manager wants me here’ – and it’s something that will definitely help me.
“The ambition of the club and Nathan’s vision for the way he wants players to play really sold it to me, plus the aim of promotion, which is something I believe the club are going in the right direction for it.”

Draw your own conclusions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 9:22 am

Leaving aside the obvious name connotations, I reckon Del boy is playing it safe with Moses after having made a fool of himself with the ineligibility of his other target.  Razz

Having talked elsewhere about English premier football being stuffed full of rack and stack institutionalised wannabes just happy to collect a salary for doing very little, up pops this Moses Makasi character with possibly THE weirdest of playing records ever. How on earth has someone of 22 years of age been employed for years and never ever kicked a ball in anger anywhere ? I reckon he's channeling Taribo West.
Back to top Go down
Cousin Jack

Cousin Jack

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 9:49 am

Just think how exciting it will be once the refurbs done! All those signings in the transfer window! Premier, here we come!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 10:47 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Well there it is.

Except offering him better money on a longer term contract.

And act like a club that wants to aim for the championship and not just be happy to have a club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 5:30 pm

As the title states Brent's January transfer window I would say it has been pretty good. Another £125,000 to the pot and a few more wages of the bill. It was just a pitty that no-one made a reasonable offer for our better players as the pot could of been made bigger and especially as some of them will be gone for nothing in the summer.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 5:35 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Jakes own words (reportedly) from the rag today on joining Luton :
“I’m extremely happy to be here. It’s been a long time coming since the summer when things didn’t happen, but I’m very happy to be here now,” he told the club’s website.
“It fills you with confidence to know a manager actually wants you and going forward it’s something that makes you think ‘Yeah, I can settle in, the manager wants me here’ – and it’s something that will definitely help me.
“The ambition of the club and Nathan’s vision for the way he wants players to play really sold it to me, plus the aim of promotion, which is something I believe the club are going in the right direction for it.”

Draw your own conclusions.
People usually runaway to join the Circus, at Jimmy's its the opposite. jocolor jocolor santa
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 6:13 pm

Crazy, he crazy (with the smell of cash wafting in front of him afro ).

Words fail me on Brent regarding this transfer window, the lack of any notable player (excluding Church, and the jury is way-way out on him at the moment) arriving does not surprise me in the slightest, going on past record, and I just hope that this (forced) meagre and paultry transfer activity pays off for Adams.

Sad to see Jake Jervis leave as he was not a bad player and he may find his feet again over there at Luton Town, a team on the up it appears. And a 2 1/2 year contract to boot.

As for the Argyle dealings, only Adams knows what he is doing with the inadequate budget he was given early doors-doors. We can only judge the newbies on how they perform (or not) and the next 16 games will certainly provide a stern test for all.

Is it a gamble, I believe so. In a certain arena, Adams will be hung, drawn and quarted should the gamble fail. With loud cries once again beltching out (like a horrid smell) from elsewhere. They will not hold Brent accountable though, maintaining blind vision to the financial situation as it stands (and has done since Brent took over). With wild support for the Brent band, sorry fools that they are.

If the gamble succeeds, then he will be congratulated on "a good job done" in a difficult financial climate [SIC].
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 10:45 am

Let's hope we don't get relegated eh? ,given we had more players out that in. What could possibly go wrong? confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 11:03 am

We have to hope church and taylor stay fir and dont suffer any loss of form or suspensions as home park will erupt like it almost did at the start of the season when fans where asking wheres the money gone?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 4:12 am

Where's the other side of the argument? The GTs seem very quiet. I'm sure they are busy and will be along soon to tell us the benefits of another ggggrrrreeeeaatttttt of asset stripping.
If anyone doubted Brent intentions before they should realise now what his intentions for the club are.
If Church comes good he will be off in the summer to another rival with ambition. 0 out of 10 we are weakened again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 8:11 pm

It’s in certain people’s interests for us to be crap. Every now and then we get a tantalising glimpse of how it could be
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 8:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Predictably the reluctant spender is justifying his Akkeron austerity in the rag today - I just wish he would feck off and let someone else with vision genuinely take the club forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 9:27 am

The recent vast improvement in the football is despite Brent's methods, continuing asset stripping and the recent weakening of the he squad in the transfer window.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 10:15 am

Yep.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 11:18 am

He really does think he stumbled (reluctantly) into football and has discovered a new way. Why those Prem teams pay such huge sums I just don't know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 1:35 pm

akagreengull wrote:

Predictably the reluctant spender is justifying his Akkeron austerity in the rag today - I just wish he would feck off and let someone else with vision genuinely take the club forward.

7 YEARS ON still penny pinching despite making extra money from transfers.. What is he not telling us?
Back to top Go down
TheDuke

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 2:43 pm

I bet he wouldn’t have said all this if we’d lost on Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 3:09 pm

TheDuke wrote:
I bet he wouldn’t have said all this if we’d lost on Saturday.

correct duke.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

7 YEARS ON still penny pinching despite making extra money from transfers.. What is he not telling us?

That the open and transparent claim was a lie.
That and he's been reading freechat
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 11:52 am

WHEREISTHEMONEYGOINGWHEREISTHEMONEYGOINGWHEREISTHEMONEYWHEREISTHEMONEYGOINGWHEREISTHEMONEYGOINGWHEREISTHEMONEYGOING???????????????BRENT confused
Back to top Go down
mandela

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 9:31 pm

This is a rumour regarding Jake Jervis. A mate (who I trust) apparently overheard this story from an Argyle youth coach at Marjon. I can't vouch that this is true, but it does sound plausible. Make of it what you will.

The story I heard is that Jervis wanted a new contract in the summer as he was in his last year of his contract. Adams wanted to keep Jervis and told his agent that he would ask the board to organise an extended deal. However, this was never sorted out because Stearnes insisted on waiting until the end of the season. By November, Jervis's agent had enough and said that his player wanted to look for a new club in the january transfer window. This prompted Adams to drop Jervis in favour of Lameris (it was not a football decision). Argyle knew at the beginning of January that jervis was leaving- it was just a question of which club. Although the transfer was finalised on the last day of the season, this was only because jervis was negotiating with more than one club and hung on to the last minute to get the best deal. Argyle had known since November that he was leaving- it was not a surprise as was claimed in the Herald. The unfortunate thing was that Adams wanted to keep jervis and had he been able to offer him a contract then he would still be an Argyle player.

As I say, i don't know if its true but it sounds plausible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate Brents January Transfer Window.   Rate Brents January Transfer Window. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate Brents January Transfer Window.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next