Greenskin
akagreengull
6 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. Empty
PostSubject: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:09 pm

This Saturday Paul Sturrock will be bringing his high flying Southend Utd to home Park.Have been wondering what he will be thinking and feeling as he walks towards the away dugout.Thoughts anybody? Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:11 pm

They're losing tonight - hope we don't get a backlash.

Hope Luggy doesn't get booed. Also looking forward to maybe seeing Cocko again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:14 pm

They're getting absoloutley battered by swindon tonight, hopefully low on confidence! But it's more likely that they'll bounce back and thump us 3 or 4 nil.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:14 pm

Don't know about Saturday but i think he'll be feeling pretty grim tonight,they're getting a right tanking from Paolo's boys.Not sure if he'll care overmuch about returning to Argyle,he's been down here with Sheffield Wednesday before and won,the only thing occupying his mind will be doing the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:16 pm

Why, were you dating him before Peggy? What about Blair...........

I think he will wish us well although he will still want the 3 points. Despite everything second time around I'm sure he still thinks fondly of Argyle and doesn't wish them any harm. If he could get his 3 points and ensure Argyle remain in the league I guess he would be happy about that. I hope he is given a decent reception as well.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:17 pm

The employees of ex clubs don't have much sentiment,as the fans do i'm afraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:21 pm

We simply have to beat them. That's the bare truth.

I think we can, and I also think Luggy will get a good reception.

I can just hear Lasagne Verde singing 'There's only one Luggy Sturrock'

Very Happy Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:23 pm

And if they are losing "Shake it up Sturrock".
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:28 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Congratulations. My opinion of your judgement has just been confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:30 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Congratulations. My opinion of your judgement has just been confirmed.

Yes,i'd say that was an unfortunate comment.Hopefully,anyway.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Luggy - brilliant lower league manager - Argyle, Sheff Wed, Swindon and Southend but terrible higher league magnager - Saints, Shef Wed, and Argyle. Why?

Anyway, Southend are expected to win comfortably and of course they will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:34 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Why, were you dating him before Peggy?

What a strange question to ask of another supporter. What do you mean, exactly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:36 pm

I'll tell you what I'll be thinking.
I'll be thinking he's turned around yet another sinking club in the lower leagues ... he knows what he's doing down here in amongst the journeymen gagging to take orders. probably one of the best lower league managers out there.
BUT, his last tenure here was an absolute disaster and I put a great deal of Argyle's demise down to him and his seemingly couldn't care less method of signing players. He needlessly kicked out anything that moved, and brought in AT GREAT EXPENSE a load of dross that pushed the club over the precipice. At one time, I belioeve he had 37PLAYERS signed on .... was he going mad ? did he clock what was going on with his former mate and the property thing ?
Only the up and coming starlets that were reccomended to him came up trumps. that's where he's at, not trying to deal with players with a bit about them.

His second tenure put me right off him, and that's a real shame, and his live radio broadcast from up in the grandstand slating Mariner while he was still employed by the club said it all.. An ego that would have suited Chris Webb in another world.... a seasoned profesional running his business... and in that case badly.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:38 pm

Before you go all orgasmic down your trousers I actually meant that all the Avivas will have forgotten he's left and won't be able to resist. It's living life on the terraces under a flag that does it.

Nothing untowards meant Peggy just a poor attempt at humour. I'll try to resist in future.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:39 pm

I could never, ever understand a single thing he ever said in his post match interviews. Nothing to do with his illness, just he was another manager uncomfortable in front of a camera. Ollie was the only one who could play the interviewer.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:53 pm

He's a gaffer that really does seem to thrive when he's forced to shop at lidl instead of Waitrose.

What he's done at Southend is remarkable, given the state they were in last year.

Even though it all turned sour, I'd have him back in a heartbeat, given our current situation.

Topically, I noticed his house is up for sale at the moment. Shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:05 pm

I gave him a hard time the last time but with hindsight and considering how he was being screwed, maybe he deserves a break. Good luck to the fella.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 8:46 am

I hope we absolutely batter his lot.

And I also hope he gets a rousing reception, its clear now that a lot of the mess was down to the boardroom more than Sturrock, I do beleive he was undermined. Still not a Championship manager, but doesnt deserve flack on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:17 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Topically, I noticed his house is up for sale at the moment. Shame.

So he won't be doing his pre-match press conference from his hot tub, then?

If you missed that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.   STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK. Empty

Back to top Go down

STURROCK,THE SHRIMPERS AND HOME PARK.
Page 1 of 1