Sir Francis Drake
RegGreen
akagreengull
sufferedsince 68
Earwegoagain
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? Empty
PostSubject: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:01 pm

Interesting post from Ham Green on the farm, amongst all the usual inane half sentence gibberish from the Wankspasm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or the team of Twiddy, Swan, Micky Ross and Peter Shilton oweing the tea lady £10

Who was worst the team of Miller, Ciftci, Ness and Graham Carey shagging the tea lady behind everyones backs
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:16 pm

I remember the dark days of 94 very well I was one of the two thousand odd fans at used to trudge up there at the time. The five and seven nils were the high points of that season it was the nil nils where we got most of our points from that were really hard to bear.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:18 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Interesting post from Ham Green on the farm, amongst all the usual inane half sentence gibberish from the Wankspasm

Or the team of Twiddy, Swan, Micky Ross and Peter Shilton oweing the tea lady £10

Who was worst the team of Miller, Ciftci, Ness and Graham Carey shagging the tea lady behind everyones backs
To be honest Hugh, i think the current pile of shite is the worst squad  argo have ever had, if they get twenty points all season it will be a fookin miracle.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:40 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

To be honest Hugh, i think the current pile of shite is the worst squad  argo have ever had, if they get twenty points all season it will be a fookin miracle.

What's wierd is that we were so tight at the back, up front Brunt and Reid have never been replaced adequately but Wylde, Carey and Jervis scored a good few goals between them a couple of years ago. The biggest mistake has been not giving enough cash to get a striker in. Carey is a good player worth ten goals at least but he's not the answer to this problem. I'm not sure if this is the worst team I think it will pick up a bit, still wouldn't be surprised to get relegated. The deciding factor will be whether Brent invests in the squad in January or does what I expect he will be tightening the purse strings to save for a relegation.
God help us if that's the case.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

What's wierd is that we were so tight at the back, up front Brunt and Reid have never been replaced adequately but Wylde, Carey and Jervis scored a good few goals between them a couple of years ago. The biggest mistake has been not giving enough cash to get a striker in. Carey is a good player worth ten goals at least but he's not the answer to this problem. I'm not sure if this is the worst team I think it will pick up a bit, still wouldn't be surprised to get relegated. The deciding factor will be whether Brent invests in the squad in January or does what I expect he will be tightening the purse strings to save for a relegation.
God help us if that's the case.
Brent never backs his manager in the january window, it will be a couple of cheap untried loans or a barell scraping raid on the job centre, anybody thinking that the Brentmare will save the club from relegation please seek urgent medical help! jocolor
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Has everyone forgot the Brent/Fletcher era and the
spectacle of Feeney, Chadwick up front, the Welsh
non league fireman,  Rory shit Paterson etc etc.
I remember one guy at the time, midfielder surname began with B, sorry can't remember.
Probably the worst player I've ever seen. One game during the practice warm up he kicked the ball so hard and wide of the goal he hit an empty seat in the Devonport end - he broke it.
Still can't believe I actually went and paid money to watch that garbage.
Ah all those happy footballing memories courtesy
of the reluctant bidder.
:Zzzzzzz:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 6:40 pm

akagreengull wrote:
I remember one guy at the time, midfielder surname began with B, sorry can't remember.
Probably the worst player I've ever seen. One game during the practice warm up he kicked the ball so hard and wide of the goal he hit an empty seat in the Devonport end - he broke it.
of the reluctant bidder.

paterson was an nwo signing. Was the guy Blizzard? he was crap

who remembers robbie williams atd's own not the guy who sang angels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Blizzard, Bencherif, Boco and Blackman all played in the 2013/14 season where we finished 10th under John Sheridan.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 7:46 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
of the reluctant bidder.

paterson was an nwo signing. Was the guy Blizzard? he was crap

who remembers robbie williams atd's own not the guy who sang angels.
indeed i do fat robbie williams
Use to see him alot in the betting shop in stoke Village always with simion walton they used to pull up in a convertible they use drive about as if they were the bollocks..anyway fat robbie looked more like labourer weight wise than a left back..when he left us he went and played for a club in the league of Ireland proberly now working in tescos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 8:08 pm

That season we had Mickey Ross, Neil Illman and Earl Jean up front was pretty bad.

It was like a team of oompah lumpahs.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 8:23 pm

That cnut Robbie cost us, ATD, a few bob.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 8:57 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Blizzard, Bencherif, Boco and Blackman all played in the 2013/14 season where we finished 10th under John Sheridan.

Bencherif that was him, thanks - shocking!
Yes Nathan Blizzard was crap too.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 9:26 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Dominic.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Blackman was the subject of one of the funniest comments I've ever seen about a player - something like ''It's like he is controlled by a XBox controller where the person hitting the buttons doesn't have a clue what they are doing .... just like Blackman''
A comment on Freechat the other day about Bliss and his lack of direction when heading the ball came a close second ''He's got a 50p head''
Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 10:31 pm

seadog wrote:

who kept the signed shirt? did nikkkkkkkk ever bid for it
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 11:10 pm

Don't know, them mods!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 6:06 am

Les Miserable wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Dominic.

Putting ‘crap’ and ‘Nathan Bli’ in the same sentence is a perfectly understandable blip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 7:12 am

Angry wrote:
seadog wrote:

I did. I have a signed Albion shirt as well so that I can indoctrinate my son into supporting crap Plymouth sports teams. Luckily he is more interested in dinosaurs and transformers at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 8:19 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
seadog wrote:

I did. I have a signed Albion shirt as well so that I can indoctrinate my son into supporting crap Plymouth sports teams. Luckily he is more interested in dinosaurs and transformers at the moment.

He’ll be phoning Childline soon Frank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 8:24 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
seadog wrote:

He’ll be phoning Childline soon Frank.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 8:57 am

akagreengull wrote:
of the reluctant bidder.

Soukouna was pretty awful from what I can remember

One of the players we had Ben Gibson is being talked about as a future England international
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 9:05 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
of the reluctant bidder.

Soukouna was pretty awful from what I can remember

One of the players we had Ben Gibson is being talked about as a future England international

Not much of a feather in the cap in all truth.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 11:00 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
That season we had Mickey Ross, Neil Illman and Earl Jean up front was pretty bad.

I don't think those 3 ever appeared together. Mickey Ross (Christ on a bike...) came before Illman and Jean. Was it Illman or Padi Wilson who went to prison after leaving Argyle..or both? Earl Jean's miss at Burnley in 1998 shattered my soul as we went down in front of Burnley's finest upstanding citizens taunting us in the away end.

Lee Phillips is another illustrious name from Argyle's forward line-up around that time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 11:28 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I don't think those 3 ever appeared together. Mickey Ross (Christ on a bike...) came before Illman and Jean. Was it Illman or Padi Wilson who went to prison after leaving Argyle..or both? Earl Jean's miss at Burnley in 1998 shattered my soul as we went down in front of Burnley's finest upstanding citizens taunting us in the away end.

Lee Phillips is another illustrious name from Argyle's forward line-up around that time.

Phillips came through a year later than relegation, he was actually very highly spoken of as a youth player sadly injury did for him. Ended up becoming a fairly decent local non league player for Exeter, Torquay and Weymouth
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 12:34 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Phillips came through a year later than relegation, he was actually very highly spoken of as a youth player sadly injury did for him. Ended up becoming a fairly decent local non league player for Exeter, Torquay and Weymouth

Yes, remember him getting injured. Still, 1 goal in 50 games (thanks GoS). Owen Pickard was the next messiah too at one point. Likewise Paul Adcock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?   Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which was worse 94-95 or 17-18?
Page 1 of 1