Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now?   Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 4:48 pm

I've been thinking about this a little bit and based on current status v expectation I can only really come up with Bradford, who were always a division 3 and 4 sized club that had a brief spell towards the end of the last millenia, Notts County who have also fallen on hard times recently and Blackpool. I genuinely reckon I would be happier as a supporter of at least 88 other clubs than the shit hand that Geography and choice of friends has dealt me.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now?   Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 5:06 pm

Know what you mean, and the last 7 years under Brent have caused me to lose interest to a point where I can be barely bothered to look at the results on a Saturday - I always do though.

It's my home town club, the one that I first went to watch when I was 3, sitting on my old Dad's shoulders by the pylon at the Barn Park End, and ever since then there has been no other club for me, and there never will be.

Doesn't stop me from having a good moan about the place though. It is a worrying time both on and off the pitch. I think we'll go down this year, Christ only knows when the ground will look like a football stadium again, the spectre of Brent is still hanging around the place, and Hallett has yet to say and do much to peak my interest.

My lad, who is a sensible sort, a season ticket holder (not that sensible then) and goes to every home match, tells me that the team is much worse than last year. Even with the awful start last year, they were playing well and the feeling was they would turn the corner. This year, he says, with one or two exceptions, they've not looked like winning and they're defensively shocking.

Look how far we've come.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now?   Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 8:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seemingly there are according to the Erald's percentage to population table.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now?   Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 9:26 am

They don't say what percentage of the crowd at HP actually come from the city - we're miles from the next league club, unlike someone like Rochdale or Charlton.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now?   Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 9:33 am

Come on it could always be worse, lucky to have a club to support, Exeter Chiefs, year on year progress, extend thanks to James.....
What's pissing me off more than ever now is being promised an end to the Brent regime only seemingly have it extended and continued by someone else who doesn't seem to give a flyingfuck about the football. As ever I'll be happy to eat my words if proved wrong but I bet I don't.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now?   Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 10:56 am

Dingle wrote:
They don't say what percentage of the crowd at HP actually come from the city - we're miles from the next league club, unlike someone like Rochdale or Charlton.

Good point, there is the Cornish Green armeeeeeeee contingent led by the Cornish Janner site owner. laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now?   Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a worse club to support in the League than us right now?
Page 1 of 1