Dick Trickle
Elias
Partridge_Green
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Partridge_Green

Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... Empty
PostSubject: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 5:12 pm

...From the Muff on a cold Tuesday night needs medical assistance. Now.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Not likely
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 6:10 pm

I'm in Carlisle at 3pm Tuesday. Days gone by I would have detoured to Wigan as it's only an hour. Done Bradford, Grimsby, Preston, Scunny etc in the past midweek. Not now.

Shambles of a club. The gap between L2 and L1 isn't that great and promotion momentum is a huge boost and yet of course we manage to find a way to feck it up.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 6:19 pm

No Brent found a way to feck it up assisted by the Jamboys.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 6:23 pm

Wigan could stick six pass this pile of shite no problem.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 6:24 pm

I'd rather inject battery acid up my japs eye than go to Wigan.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 7:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

In an uncanny coincidence that's exactly what I'm doing as we speak, to try and take my mind off todays debacle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Pfft. The last time I went to Wigan, the disabled dug-out was trashed, (fastest wheel-chair movement I have ever seen)our coach got arrested and diverted to the local cop-shop, the chippy van outside was picked up by Argo fans and carried down the street ( occupants included), fell on my arse about 6 times standing on that feckin grass bank, fighting everywhere, FFS.

I think I'll give it a miss this time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 7:42 pm

P.O.I wrote:
Pfft. The last time I went to Wigan, the disabled dug-out was trashed, (fastest wheel-chair movement I have ever seen)our coach got arrested and diverted to the local cop-shop, the chippy van outside was picked up by Argo fans and carried down the street ( occupants included), fell on my arse about 6 times standing on that feckin grass bank, fighting everywhere, FFS.

I was there that day 87/88 ish? When going Argo was fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 8:07 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Is that racist?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 8:13 pm

85-86
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Yeah sounds about right elias...smithy era
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

Springfield Park. '86 promotion season. Dave Smith won manager of the month and was presented with it on Football Focus which we watched in a pub just off the M6 after being pulled in by the old bill . (It's odd the things that stick in your mind) Very Happy

Argyle completely 'took' The Springfield pub outside the ground and we were leaning over the bar and pouring our own pints at one stage. Beer ran out, barrels weren't changed, so the off licence up the road was basically looted. (Not big, not clever, admittedly)

In the home end first off before marauding across the pitch to the cowshed and grassy knoll away end. Coach windows aplenty put thru by locals.

Lost 3-0, we were shit, but if Carlsberg did away trips....
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 8:37 pm

I'm going to Wigan but not for the football-competing in the Northern soul dance competition. That's me at 0.49 and a couple of times later;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Footsie yeahhhhhhhhh!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

Springfield Park. '86 promotion season. Dave Smith won manager of the month and was presented with it on Football Focus which we watched in a pub just off the M6 after being pulled in by the old bill . (It's odd the things that stick in your mind) Very Happy

Argyle completely 'took' The Springfield pub outside the ground and we were leaning over the bar and pouring our own pints at one stage. Beer ran out, barrels weren't changed, so the off licence up the road was basically looted. (Not big, not clever, admittedly)

In the home end first off before marauding across the pitch to the cowshed and grassy knoll away end. Coach windows aplenty put thru by locals.

Remember sliding down the mud "terracing" and my mate pissing into a Pacers sweets bag and heaving it into the Wigan fans. As you say, funny the things you remember. Smithy went on the fans coaches to apologise for the performance afterwards but it was a rare blemish in a fantastic second half of the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 8:43 pm

Punchdrunk is going isnt he? poor sod
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Got some spare seats as well, he'll have to ask Newell for help to fill them now.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 9:28 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

Yep that's the one bounce
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 9:29 pm

table seat for me please Ian.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 11:30 pm

P.O.I wrote:

Was that the 3-0 defeat, if so, I was at that game. It kicked-off in the Wigan end I recall. we had around 3,000 there that day.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 11:42 pm

Er...don't?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:56 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Is that racist?
behave frank! lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 9:32 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Is that racist?

Lol I missed that, feck me you've got to be careful these days, racist? Depends who you talk to personally I would call it an abbreviation as in Brit or Scot but I'm probably way off the mark. Razz
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 10:57 am

Think I may give this one a miss LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...   Anybody thinking of going to Wigan... Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody thinking of going to Wigan...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next