green_genie
PatDunne
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Brent Herald - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 3:22 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I can see both sides of this. I think as a sports journalist Errington is pretty decent. But quite clearly his willingness to rock the boat and question more critically, is impaired hugely with his wife being employed by the club. It'd create a massive conflict of interest personally and professionally. All the same, it doesn't do any harm to point this out.

I can't think of any "sports journalist" that's been critical of Argyle's board in the past seventeen years or so. Considering all that has happened that is staggering. The worse of all was probably "Rupert", who as soon as he lost his job was never seen again on Pasoti where he had posted 'nothing' every day up until that point.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 3:34 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
We need to remember that Errington is a sports reporter not an investigative journalist.

So like sports reporters, football writers say, have to hand over say FIFA corruption allegations to special investigative journalists?

Thats why I'm surprised some young kid trying to climb the ladder hasn't taken this story and ran with it. Can do better then the erald
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Theres a few comments on that story now.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 4:27 pm

If the finger's going to be pointed, it should be at the editorial policies of the Herald / WMN, not individuals.

By the way, Rupert left social media for different, and very personal, reasons.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 4:30 pm

and therin is the rub - Trinity Mirror Group - Ex banker, strangest of bedfellows.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Peggy wrote:
If the finger's going to be pointed, it should be at the editorial policies of the Herald / WMN, not individuals.

I think the Editorial policies can be influenced to a certain extent by the heads of department within the organisation though.

All of us would like there to be more probing from local media as to the whole situation at HP/HHP. The position that Errington holds means that a lot of that frustration amongst the fanbase puts the spotlight on him, somewhat. His wife working for Brent simply muddy's the waters a tad and will inevitably create a talking point.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Peggy wrote:

I think the Editorial policies can be influenced to a certain extent by the heads of department within the organisation though.

All of us would like there to be more probing from local media as to the whole situation at HP/HHP. The position that Errington holds means that a lot of that frustration amongst the fanbase puts the spotlight on him, somewhat. His wife working for Brent simply muddy's the waters a tad and will inevitably create a talking point.

But if Errington dragged Brents name through the mud Re the bullshit thats going on, then Brent fired his Mrs as a rssult wouldn't Brent risk dragging his name through the mud again with an unfair sacking case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Jethro wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Peggy wrote:

But if Errington dragged Brents name through the mud Re the bullshit thats going on, then Brent fired his Mrs as a rssult wouldn't Brent risk dragging his name through the mud again with an unfair sacking case.
If only someone could get into the box office... popcorn
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 8:04 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Peggy wrote:

TBF to Errington his job is to provide match reports and transfer news, news lite it always has been. If he doesn't tow the line then he will get the Macauley treatment and be banned from HP. I think they got banned (on reflection I think it was the Beeb for putting Warnocks side of the story in those good ol days of Evil Dan.
Is there any video we could send Brent to show him what could happen in a year or two, eg. 2020 if he doesn't wind his neck in, crowds of 2500 fans singing feck off Macauley (Brent). The similarity from then and now is getting very close without the level of success that Mac666 led us to. A good run, promotion followed by falling out with everybody, lack of investment in the team a drop back down the leagues with the fans deserting in droves, it happens quickly and I believe it's already started.
Feck off Brent666.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 9:12 pm

To be fair Dan Mac funded Shilton's team big time & also funded Phase 1 prior to leaving.

Brent has funded jack shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 pm

I think mostnofnphase 1 came from grants from the football trust and the council. I don't think anyone at the club put their hands in their pockets
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 10:01 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I think mostnofnphase 1 came from grants from the football trust and the council. I don't think anyone at the club put their hands in their pockets

Sorry, just trying to remember but I think he covered a shortfall or something to get the project started ahead of all funding being in place. Someone will remember.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 10:35 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Sorry, just trying to remember but I think he covered a shortfall or something to get the project started ahead of all funding being in place. Someone will remember.

Correct. £600k till grants were in place
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
To be fair Dan Mac funded Shilton's team big time & also funded Phase 1 prior to leaving.

Brent has funded jack shit.

I know that, my point was that Brent needs to realise how quickly it can all go downhill in football, his honeymoon is well and truly over, proper seven year itch approaching fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent Herald   Brent Herald - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent Herald
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2