Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 5:45 pm

beesrus wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
There's not an Argyle fan out there that wouldn't like to see us playing like the Harlem  Globetrotters whilst winning every week....but back to reality.

You genuinely sound like you'd prefer a season of razzmatazz Football while finishing mid-table, to grinding out results and ending with promotion.

And let's be honest, your opinion on style of play doesn't really count for much with the amount of football you've actually seen, does it.

The alternative scenarios you've quoted is not an either/or situation, and no one is asking for Meadowlark Lemon. I happened to be quite a fan of Pulis' time down here, but then he was also laying other foundations behind the scenes, and could ring the changes is necessary. He was a clever man.
As for watching football, I'll lay a bet I've seen and played far more football in my life than yourself, so less of the expert stuff. People have differing opinions on how the game should be played, whether you like it or not.

Very Happy

Naughty Beez. You know I'm referring to your take on Adams, as opposed to football in general.

As it goes, my favourite three English players of all time are Hoddle Gascogne and Le Tissier, so I'm firmly in a certain camp when it comes to preferred style.

I'm also a realist though.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 5:55 pm

beesrus wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

You've waited a long time for results to swing your way and get your dig in,congratulations.

Not at all offended Les, just think that style is a complete irrelevance and results are everything.

That's where you and I will always differ. I believe the game is about always striving to attain the ability to win WITH style. Adams will never get there doing what he's doing. And Adams' style is nothing like Sturrock's or Pulis's. It's beyond help.
I don't want Adams to go, I quite like his attitude in certain matters, but I want him to see there are many ways of winning. If he wants to progress to the level of Pulis or Holloway's achievements, he has to learn new tricks. To say he will never play 4 4 2 is bonkers and short sighted.

I haven't been waiting for anything like bad results, and don't take pleasure in seeing a decent man being sent to the lions by an owner with mal intent. Why you should pick on me in particular is perplexing, I've seen enough of Adams' style to make my mind up, but I guess there must be a reason. Les's comment tickled me given past exchanges regarding style, no big deal. Expect me to return the ball over the net sometimes, and in fact the more you bellow your boot camp views on how to win football matches, the harder I'll hit the ball.

lol! Adams DID play 4-4-2 last night. Not many marks for research or observation there. And if you're going to come the old soldier about how much football you've seen, how about detailing how many matches you've seen under Adams management in order to reach your conclusions about his management style and method in comparison to others? Scunthorpe and Liverpool on the telly was it?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Jethro wrote:
Derek's pulled off a feckin miracule getting us up here on that shit budget,
Not sure even he can keep us up with the shit money Brents given him.

I agree 100%. He has busted a gut to get Argyle up and now he has got to keep the side in League One with the spare change bag handed to him by Brent.

I have just read a thread elsewhere on "So, has all the unbudgeted income from last season now gone?" , an estimated £2.2 million and £750k-950k.

May have to get the popcorn on the go later and read the thing again as it might get a tad feisty as the evening drags on.
Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 6:02 pm

flower I'm a realist too. There are plenty of magicians out there, earning a good living. We don't all have to be chained to a lathe with an awful view.
I want to see Adams flower as a manager, I don't want to see him get the elbow in the manner he got it at Rossssssss Poldark.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 6:52 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Derek's pulled off a feckin miracule getting us up here on that shit budget,
Not sure even he can keep us up with the shit money Brents given him.

I agree 100%. He has busted a gut to get Argyle up and now he has got to keep the side in League One with the spare change bag handed to him by Brent.

I have just read a thread elsewhere on "So, has all the unbudgeted income from last season now gone?" , an estimated £2.2 million and £750k-950k.

May have to get the popcorn on the go later and read the thing again as it might get a tad feisty as the evening drags on.

Its been pretty quiet on there when I looked earlier but then again its not easy to sign into all of those multis on a smart phone while driving in the outside lane of a motorway in a BMW......
:pighug:
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 6:54 pm

I Bet SMIAL is about to have log in problems after his freedom of speech
Brent needs to sell the club back the land he's [removed by Site Admin} and leave. Go develop somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 6:59 pm

Trouble is with people like SMIAL they think free speech means they can say what they like, lol, the removed bit to me says "stolen" he probably didn't say that.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Trouble is with people like SMIAL they think free speech means they can say what they like, lol, the removed bit to me says "stolen" he probably didn't say that.

you mean someone tampered with that account already , on the wholesome farm ? I'm in shock I need to lie down. lol!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 7:03 pm

he did say stole
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 7:04 pm

Good thread that one.  Lot's of un-Pasoti like comments.  Good to see.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 7:06 pm

PatDunne wrote:
he did say stole

Surprised Kim jong Nool hasn't popped along to defend Jimmy yet.
Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 8:05 pm

I think Peggy might be on to something. Perhaps he's on orders to stay off ?
Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 8:24 pm

PatDunne wrote:
where is it the heralds chief sports reporters wife works again?

move him on if he would rather protect his wife's job than do his own professionally. The herald have other reporters who can barely string a sentence together so he wont be any lost if he is replaced.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Angry wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
where is it the heralds chief sports reporters wife works again?

move him on if he would rather protect his wife's job than do his own professionally. The herald have other reporters who can barely string a sentence together so he wont be any lost if he is replaced.

Wouldn't you want to break a story that would further your career,

Or have they tried but had the heavys at the door....
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 8:27 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I think Peggy might be on to something. Perhaps he's on orders to stay off ?

Can't have two scandals in one week, Can't upset Jimmy too much,
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 11:02 pm

Jethro wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
he did say stole

So am I. None of his mod have either. Or their multis or hangers on. Funny that.

Lisondil tried to obfuscate the point being made, and a few assume that money has gone to the acadamy with absolutely no evidence.

So where has the money gone?
Its an important question and one that deserves a definitive answer from Mr Brent.

Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 6:00 am

Postey has cleared up everything regarding budgets. Nothing to see, move on.

Interesting that Adams has been mentioned twice in his replays about where the money has gone though. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 6:41 am

Jethro wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
he did say stole

Definately pulled into his masters office and told to rein it in. Each time he opened his mouth he dug it deeper.  Out of interest which is Sopers new sign in or has he got the usual choice of 27.....??
Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 6:48 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Postey has cleared up everything regarding budgets. Nothing to see, move on.

Interesting that Adams has been mentioned twice in his replays about where the money has gone though. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And there's another on the football forum, regarding the Barnsley owner.
The quote he highlights is "Most people realise I was a reluctant custodian but what has made it bearable against the occasional cruelty of the internet world is the kindness shown to me by so many fans on a personal basis."

James, James, do you see what I've put on the internet! brent worship
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 9:08 pm

nzgreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
he did say stole

So am I. None of his mod have either.  Or their multis or hangers on. Funny that.

Lisondil tried to obfuscate the point being made, and a few assume that money has gone to the acadamy with absolutely no evidence.

Its an important question and one that deserves a definitive answer from Mr Brent.

Too true and an answer we would all like sooner or later.

As Brent (and super fan Hallett) will not come on to ATD and answer all the lingering doubts and the vast array of questions that are abound, where does that leave the problem. You could personally write to either and blatantly ask where the money has gone and then ask why Brent sees it fit to continue the austerity measures. Pointing out that League One is a much better league than the one below, thus giving Adams a budget that is worthy of this division.

Would you get a reply, highly unlikely, but not impossible.

A big fear of mine is that Argyle could well become a yo-yo club between League One and Two, that is not progression full stop. That is God knows what. Survival or something else entirely ?. The latter would be libellous had I written what I am thinking.

As for the current situation, it is still early doors, I remain fairly optimistic for now. There is still time to turn this around somehow, hopefully. Just need to get that important win and build on it from there, get some confidence and desire back into all areas of the pitch.

Look at the table now and then look again at the season end, a few clubs in the top ten and a few clubs in the bottom ten at this moment will be in in altogether different spots in May '18.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 9:12 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
he did say stole

So am I. None of his mod have either.  Or their multis or hangers on. Funny that.

As Brent (and super fan Hallett) will not come on to ATD and answer all the lingering doubts and the vast array of questions that are abound, where does that leave the problem. You could personally write to either and blatantly ask where the money has gone and then ask why Brent sees it fit to continue the austerity measures. Pointing out that League One is a much better league than the one below, thus giving Adams a budget that is worthy of this division.

A big fear of mine is that Argyle could all to well become a yo-yo club between League One and Two, that is not progression full stop. That is God knows what. Survival or something else entirely ?.

As for the current situation, it is still early doors, I remain fairly optimistic for now. There is still time to turn this around somehow, hopefully. Just need to get that important win and build on it from there, get some confidence and desire back into all areas of the pitch.

Look at the table now and then look again at the season end, a few clubs in the top ten and a few clubs bottom ten at this moment will be in in altogether different spots in May '18.

Might end up with heavys at the door or your email hacked,
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 9:16 pm

Jethro wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
he did say stole

A big fear of mine is that Argyle could all to well become a yo-yo club between League One and Two, that is not progression full stop. That is God knows what. Survival or something else entirely ?.

Look at the table now and then look again at the season end, a few clubs in the top ten and a few clubs bottom ten at this moment will be in in altogether different spots in May '18.

Yeah, the classic bully boy and stooges tactic.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 9:21 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
he did say stole

Exactly,

This thread on the farms interesting, Bet the op has log in issues now,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
All I gotta say is I wish it was that simple.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Jethro wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
he did say stole

Exactly,

This thread on the farms interesting, Bet the op has log in issues now,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
All I gotta say is I wish it was that simple.

That thread may get better later, I have noticed some dissenters over recent days on various threads. Good on them, i really hope they try and keep it up because the more of them avivas and middle of the road fans who actually read and digress the anti-Brent posts, the better. The tide will slowly start to turn and I strongly believe that it is happening now.

An e-mail hack would grate me more than stooges appearing. I do have a warning system on my pc that alerts me to any untoward activity with my email.

Here on ATD I will only have a pop at Brent and Hallett, the way they are running the club (and within reason and not at all libellous).

I will voice a negative opinion when needed on the other side and its privileged position within the club, saying how wrong it is. I would not slate those individuals from the other side personally, but collectively yes. Although it is possible it will all get messy and annoying from that point.

I still remember the letter I received from a Cornish legal firm blaming me for saying insulting remarks on a thread sometime ago when I clearly had not. Shoddy amateurish antics from over the road there, and left me stressed and fuming in equal measures. I was on the verge of visiting a solicitor myself.

I did get a muted apology, so that was something (sic). Had the apologist offered a free match ticket rather than a pint, I may have accepted said apology. As it is, I have not really accepted it nor do I think I will.

As far as I am concerned, it can be put where the sun don' t shine.

If I had a printer for my pc, I would print up a good number of leaflets or pamphlets explaining what ATD is about and what cuase it hand in mind ( with contributions for yourselves also). I would hand them hand them out free at a specific home game and get the message to a wider Audience. What they then do is their business. If it hits the right spot, get on. If not, try and try again.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 11:56 pm

Solicitors letters are feckin ace, they make me happy. Firstly upon receipt of said letter don't hire a solicitor, just courteously reply to said letter and query a couple or better still one irrelevant point, let say the date, ask them if it's correct and can they corroborate this? Que a phone call and probably a covering letter to their client, £150 for first letter, £90 for the phone call and £150 for the reply. It hasn't cost you feck all yet they are already £390 down and no further forward just more wound up, like taking car parks from a football club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next