Yea Man
sufferedsince 68
Jethro
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 1:55 pm

I wanted Adams out a couple of months back. Twas reverse logic ....ie.. if Brent had got rid of Adams, he wouldn't have been able to find anyone as effective and supportive of his austerity, and the whole thing would have increased the odds of a medium term Brent departure. That window of opportunity has now passed unfortunately, and Brent is newly confident enough to squat for a few more years yet. No one will pay an asking price that he would ask for, and also Hallett's going nowhere due to him having control over his mortgage mule that will give him a far better low risk return than anyone on here can find out there in the wild.
On the bright side, Adams seems to have finally realised that attacking the opposition while playing the sport of football can actually win games and please the customers. Other than that, it's raining again.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Well deserved award for the manager, who, let's face it, has pulled off a minor miracle in getting us up to 6th place from the bottom. His exploits will not have gone unnoticed in the small world of football.

Well done also to the players who have kept the faith and responded well.

Whilst things seem to go from strength to strength on the pitch, the mediocrity continues off it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 2:12 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Well deserved award for the manager, who, let's face it, has pulled off a minor miracle in getting us up to 6th place from the bottom. His exploits will not have gone unnoticed in the small world of football.

Well done also to the players who have kept the faith and responded well.

Whilst things seem to go from strength to strength on the pitch, the mediocrity continues off it.

Ain’t that the truth.
Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 2:51 pm

im glad Adams's tactics improved since august september time. Wouldnt like to have seen him sacked like a few on the farm wanted at the time.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Ive always backed adams
Now the shyster thats other matter
Adams in Brent out!!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 4:01 pm

beesrus wrote:
. also Hallett's going nowhere due to him having control over his mortgage mule that will give him a far better low risk return than anyone on here can find out there in the wild.

More total bollox from you. Hallet could get a better rate than his 3% by just picking up the phone and buying a US 30 year T- Bond.
Today's currently at 3.167

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Geddon rickler, ever since your breakfast "in", you're smitten like a corrupt union official on the make. Any unfavourable comments on the preferred owner of your choice, and you're in like a rat up a drainpipe. Easy meat.
You're no better than Newell, with similar traits.

Newell.... I won't hear a bad word abouth that man and his family "
Rickler.... "Hallett is bright, funny and intelligent"

Oh and as for the bond thing, it's all about risk and control of default, and how that income is deemed, all sort of criteria. It's also about how someone passes their money to their offspring, and how it can be done with massive comparative advantage, hence the uneeded "I don't expect my money back" routine.  But then you wouldn't be up on some of those rules.
It's getting a right old pension/inheritance vehicle knees up at PL2.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Lol. You're proved wrong about what rates someone can get and so you go on a rant about how I'm in Hallet's pocket. All a distraction to the point that you once again, you clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about when it comes to monetary matters.

Oh as for the "risk and control of default..." A US T-bond is a lot safer, (guaranteed by the US Govt who haven't defaulted yet) than a loan made to a third string English football club.

You really are pathetic these days. You have a chip on your shoulder the size of silicon valley.
Your hatred for anyone who isn't a peasant and living like you tending an allotment somewhere, has turned you into a real jealous nasty piece of work who spends most of his time pontificating about how morally incorrect people are. People you don't even know for the most part...

You're a nut job.

...and I'll stand by my viewpoint that time spent with Hallett is far more worthwhile that having to suffer your boring company.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 6:27 pm

ooh ha !
Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 6:29 pm

who are ya, who are ya
Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 6:40 pm

Oh Rickler, and you so liked my input in the early days, almost embarrassing.... the arch of a love affair as someone once said. Woe betide any other fan trying to give community Si a specific bad name on here. cat
Oh well, good luck with your chosen path . Make sure you bark at all those that would darken the name of your man. Your shape and ego is plain for me to see. Unlike others you bully online, I will respond, to some extent, every time you bellow in my direction. Your choice. And you never know, I might just hound you. Not my style, but what the heck, I might enjoy all that saliva. You certainly do.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 8:51 pm

beesrus wrote:
Oh Rickler, and you so liked my input in the early days, almost embarrassing.... the arch of a love affair as someone once said. Woe betide any other fan trying to give community Si a specific bad name on here. cat
Oh well, good luck with your chosen path . Make sure you bark at all those that would darken the name of your man. Your shape and ego is plain for me to see. Unlike others you bully online, I will respond, to some extent, every time you bellow in my direction. Your choice. And you never know, I might just hound you. Not my style, but what the heck, I might enjoy all that saliva. You certainly do.

Your input in the early days was far different than it is now.  I'm not pedantic like you.  You've changed and therefore my opinion of you has as well.  It's the same old rubbish every time - I'm not the only one to chastise you recently for injecting your self righteous political philosophy into every thread.

As for " Community (silent) Si". I couldn't care less whether other people like him or not. He's a grown man, I am sure he can come on here and stick up for himself if he actually cares what the likes of you or I may think about him.   What I do care about, is the nonsense that you spread that he couldn't get a better interest rate and a safer deal.  While the truth is, he and anyone else could and can, just by pressing a button on their computer and buying a Govt T-bond.  But that doesn't fit with your boring 'squire' narrative, does it?

So rather than deal with being wrong, you make it personal and then hypocritically have the gall to call me a bully.  You ought look in the mirror.
Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Again, you fail to understand how money works. It's not just the return that matters, it's how that return is deemed and taxed. It's also a matter of where and under what circumstance actual capital is transferred.
The clue is "I don't expect the money back"
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 11:18 pm

beesrus wrote:
Again, you fail to understand how money works. It's not just the return that matters, it's how that return is deemed and taxed. It's also a matter of where and how actual capital is transferred.
Why do you think pro football has become such an attractive proposition for "overseas" investors ?
And that's before we even start talking about other wheezes.

I understand how money works.  I also understand how you work.

For any of your ramblings to be relevant to SH you would need to know his personal aims and tax circumstances, which you clearly don't.  It's just nasty idle speculation on your part.

...and since you understand money so well ( I'll take a leaf out of your book and say you probably barely have two pennies to rub together) why don't you try spending less time on here and have a go at making some of it, a few extra quid tucked under your straw mattress might make you less bitter?

PS. since you've changed your post...  The  reference to his "not seeing getting the money back" I thought was a joke on the fact he was more than likely to be dead before the 30 year loan was repaid.  Who knows?  What is not surprising is that any attempt at humour on his part would have gone over your head.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 8:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Praise for JB indeed, maybe us non believers are being a bit harsh on our saviour. geek
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 8:38 am

Jeez, how many times has this story now been regurgitated? Sleep Sleep

It isn’t a new story. Brent has history in not sacking managers. It can work both ways. He waited far far too long before getting rid of Fletcher. That could easily have ended up costing us our league status.

It shouldn’t be too difficult to stick with a manager who has just got you promoted. But by the same token we got away with waiting way too long before sacking Fletch.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 8:44 am

The Brentherald will have Pilgrim Pete up next telling us what a great board Akkeron Argo have, lol.
Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 11:02 am

akagreengull wrote:
The Brentherald will have Pilgrim Pete up next telling us what a great board Akkeron Argo have, lol.

They got Capt Wankspasm for that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 1:00 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

They got Capt Wankspasm for that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nope. He don't do politics on ANY forum! popcorn
Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 1:26 pm

Brent doesn't react much to how the football is going because that isn't the most important factor to him. Stability, austerity and shareholder profit is all he's interested in.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 1:27 pm

Am I being too cynical when I wonder whether the sub-editor who wrote this headline chose to go with 'deserves praise over Adams' because it makes it sound like Matthews is claiming that the board deserves more credit than Adams?

Remi clearly isn't actually saying that, and 'over' in this sense could be replaced with 'regarding'. But still, when I first read the headline it sounded like he was bigging up the board over and above the manager.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADAMS IN   ADAMS IN - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADAMS IN
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8