Tringreen
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

New striker needed now... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:05 pm

It seems everyone has got to be headhunted these days. Where's the new CEO?

Everyone wants a 20 goal a season striker and those that fall into that category are with other clubs or likely to be snapped up by clubs in a higher league. Chadders could be that man, if he could keep fit and if he had some decent service.

Thing is there is no pace in midfield to provide those decent openings, and that's why we end up playing hoofball.

But, be grateful we have a club to support and don't snipe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:39 pm

...Stay positive, at least we're not scum supporters tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:41 pm

"We need a new big striker" Is the sum total of the armchair manager's fix it. Got to ask if anyone who has posted about a new big striker was either at the match today or listened to the commentary on Radio Devon? If you listened to the commentary like myself, I heard that Argyle spent 90% of the match seemingly in their own half. Can I ask what good this big bold striker would have done us today? We need a lot of things not just a striker of note. Are we going to get any of them? Doubt it and I doubt there would be the money there for even half of what we need. Perhaps if the many "I'm not going until" brigade had gone or were going then we might have afforded a little more perhaps. Who knows but I do know that this striker would have been fairly redundant today on the way the match was played.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:29 am

But a big striker who could hold the ball up and also stop the opposition building attacks from the back might enable us to play more in the opposition's half.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:32 am

knecht wrote:
But a big striker who could hold the ball up and also stop the opposition building attacks from the back might enable us to play more in the opposition's half.

No matter what we are not going to get anybody. Its like discussing what type of lifeboats would be best for the Titanic or that Italian ship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:10 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
"We need a new big striker" Is the sum total of the armchair manager's fix it. Got to ask if anyone who has posted about a new big striker was either at the match today or listened to the commentary on Radio Devon? If you listened to the commentary like myself, I heard that Argyle spent 90% of the match seemingly in their own half. Can I ask what good this big bold striker would have done us today? We need a lot of things not just a striker of note. Are we going to get any of them? Doubt it and I doubt there would be the money there for even half of what we need. Perhaps if the many "I'm not going until" brigade had gone or were going then we might have afforded a little more perhaps. Who knows but I do know that this striker would have been fairly redundant today on the way the match was played.

Funnily enough I did listen to the commentary yesterday and I did hear that we were playing too far up the pitch, which I think was a tactically poor decision, try not to lose the game then when we go 1 0 down try to salvage the point we were playing for. What no one can deny is that we are short of a couple of decent players. With Feeno injured you can see that he was missed, Chadders was back but not on his game (and/or playing too far up the pitch) the trouble is we don't have any strength on the bench to change a match when things don't work out. What was the tactical sub position yesterday? Sutherland , who hasn't managed to score since he has been here and Soukouna! We have teams like Torquay, Accy fookin Stanley, Crawley and league giants like Barnet above us in the league who have all managed to land the big players that we need. Is Brent unable to compete with all these big hitters or is the truth that the football league won't let us sign someone because we are not paying our way or we are so financially shackled because half of our money is going to pay the staff? I can smell something and it ain't roses.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:15 am

The dynamic duo have both commented on several occasions that Brent does not intend to have a wallet backed directors' box and that 'we' have a great chance to get involved and build 'our' club.
It's not looking good.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:41 am

Problem was the front players kept dropping deeper & deeper then when ball did go forward there was no one there.
But Vale did try to help us the amount of times they put it out of play under no pressure at all was staggering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New striker needed now...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2